Chapter 7

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what do you kids want to know?” The Alpha asked, leaning forward from the couch and his elbows were resting on his knees.

 

“We heard about the real situation between Jungkook and Jina… And we wanted to help Jina reverse her fate. I mean, it’s not her fault that she was put in this predicament. Jungkook was drugged, so we were trying to see if there was any time in history that documented someone with the same fate but managed to live and if there was anything that could help her.” You explained and the Alpha raised his brows in surprise, not expecting that.

 

His son did tell him the truths of that night, but it was only between family. Knowing his son’s prideful nature, he wouldn’t have told his friends of his honest mistake, so it must have been Jina who spilled the beans.

 

But why?

 

She was the one who said that she didn’t mind dying. There was no reason for her to say anything to anyone, especially when he, the alpha, made it known to her that she wouldn’t be a Luna even if she gives birth to a son. They were still trying to find out why someone would want to drug his son during his training. The only enemies he knew of were the rogues and the illegal rogue hunters, nobody else. And it was a training ground overseen by the werewolf council, not anyone can go in and out of the place undetected, except those who have been staying there, like Jina. 

 

The only lead and evidence he had was the needle his son brought to him after his training, which he had already sent over to the pack’s forensics department to have it carefully examined.

 

“Sir?” Jimin called out, cutting his train of thoughts and he looked up.

 

Clearing his throat, he leaned back on his couch, thinking of a way to answer the youngsters in front of him.

 

“There’s no known and definite way of changing one’s destiny, so it’s not recorded anywhere, including in the books that you guys read.” He said honestly, looking at them apologetically.

 

You closed your eyes, starting to lose hope. Taehyung cussed under his breath while Jimin sighed, rubbing his temple. Were you willing to watch her die?

 

“I don’t understand. Why do you guys care what happens to the girl? I don’t recall the three of you being in much favor of her, and I don’t see how knowing what exactly happened would change your opinion of her.” The Alpha asked, crossing his arms and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

 

The fact that Jungkook got a girl pregnant still stood, drugged or not. And being best friends with Jungkook, he expected them to be as upset with his son as he was. The act itself was a form of disrespect to his mate out there.

 

“Well, we hated her, maybe not as much as Jaein, but you’re right. We weren’t in favor of her.” Taehyung said and you widened your eyes, looking at Taehyung in disbelief.

 

He didn’t need to say that, you guys agreed not to let anyone else know about it. The Alpha’s lips twitched at your reaction and waited for them to explain. Taehyung raised his brows and mouthed, “what” and you had to purse your lips while you balled up your fists to stop yourself from hitting his head.

 

Goddess, he was so ignorant that it was infuriating.

 

“Anyway,” you decided to speak instead, afraid that they might spill more than needed. “we, no I was being exceptionally mean to her and I’ve said things that I shouldn’t have. It was neither of their faults that they were in this situation, it was the fault of those who drugged Jungkook and both of them were just victims. His mate would understand and if the child is born, I’m sure she was willing to take care of the child in the girl’s place. And in case you misunderstand, I’m not saying that I’m starting to like the girl, I’m just saying that she did nothing to deserve death.”

 

The Alpha processed your words and tilted his head.

 

“How would you know that his mate would understand and be willing to take care of a child that was not hers?”

 

There was no werewolf that he knew that would accept it. Instead, the wolves in them would have done anything to remove the girl and that child.

 

“There may be a slim chance that Jungkook’s mate is someone who empathizes and is understanding.” You gave a nervous smile, meeting your Alpha’s penetrating gaze. You were shifting in your seat uncomfortably, his authoritative aura was emitting from him in waves and it was affecting the three of you.

 

“You know who she is, don’t you?”

 

His question caught you off guard and you looked at him in shock. Jimin and Taehyung visibly tensed at his question which caught his eyes.

 

“I take it the three of you know who she is then.” He concluded with a brow raised. “Jungkook told us that he met her, but refused to tell us who she was and told us to not to tell anyone until this problem is resolved.” He continued and your jaw dropped.

 

He did what?

 

“Someone amongst you who empathizes and would probably understand is you though.” The Alpha stated, looking at you and you choked on your saliva.

 

.

 

“Well damn,” Taehyung said his thoughts out loud and you pinched his thigh in response while Jimin stared wide-eyed at Taehyung.

 

Taehyung released a soft yelp and held your hand, forcing you to release him as he glared at you. None of you could lie right in your Alpha’s face.

 

Releasing an awkward chuckle, you looked up at the Alpha who was looking at the three of you, his face not revealing his emotions. The three of them didn’t need to say anything more since the Alpha had already figured it out from the interaction and reactions between the three best friends.

 

“I’m not going to press for more information, there must be a reason why you kept it from me and it’s between you and Jungkook. I’m not in the position to tell you guys what to do, you’re both old enough to make your own judgments.” The Alpha sighed and you closed your eyes, cursing Taehyung, and yourself repeatedly.

 

The point of this meeting was to find a way to help Jina, not reveal who you were to Jungkook. The people who knew the truth simply kept increasing before you knew it and before you thought the time was right. Then again, when exactly would be the right time to tell everyone that you were the mate of Jeon Jungkook, the future Alpha?

 

“Sir, we’re straying away from the point of us being here in the first place. You said that there was no known and definite way of changing someone’s destiny, but it doesn’t mean that there wasn’t one right?”

 

Thank the goddess for Jimin.

 

The Alpha pursed his lips into a thin line and nodded, getting back to the topic.

 

“There’s a rumor that there’s a witch who can break a werewolf’s bond. If the rumor is true, then as long as whatever bond Jungkook has with Jina is broken, then her death fate will change as well. But…” He sighed and you knew why he stopped.

 

“Then the product of the bond would be gone.” Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter