Chapter 10

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I feel like taking a walk.” Jina suddenly said and you raised your brows, taking off the velcro from the arm cuff that was connected to the blood pressure monitor.

 

“I don’t think Jungkook would like that.” You said as you folded the arm cuff before stuffing it into your bag.

 

“It’s been so long since I’m outside, and since we’re keeping the child now, I don’t think it’s good for the child to stay cooped up either.” Jina pouted and your stomach clenched at her words.

 

Jungkook took the liberty to tell her instead of you, which saved you from having the need to lie to her. All you needed to know was her willingness to break the bond after knowing the risk. Since you knew that she was willing to lose the child, that was enough for you to act on your own accord.

 

“Ask him to take you out then.” You suggested and she wrinkled her nose.

 

“I doubt he’d let me. Since I’m destined to die, he’s going to be extra careful with me, especially when the child is still in here. If I die now, the child will die with me.” She said and you chuckled.

 

It made sense.

 

“If I get caught for sneaking you out, what are you going to do?”

 

She thought about my question and gave me a sly smile.

 

“We’ll try our best not to get caught then. Let’s leave when he’s not outside.”

 

Shaking your head in amusement at her answer, you gave her a smile. You had to do something for her, if not the guilt would be eating you alive.

 

“I’ll see you tonight after Jungkook heads to bed, wear something comfortable.” You winked and she grinned, her hands were clasped over her chest before she nodded her head happily.

 

The night came quickly and you tried your best to sneak into the huge packhouse, undetected. If Jungkook was in his room, it would be hard for him to hear you anyway, since his walls were soundproof. Your head peeked into the dim living room and you saw Jina sitting on the couch, waiting for you.

 

The moment she saw you, her eyes brightened and she waddled towards you as quickly as her swollen feet could carry her. As soon as she stepped out of the packhouse, you could sniff Jungkook’s scent on her and your mood instantly went sullen. Still managing a tight smile when she grabbed your hand, she quickly waddled and dragged you into the woods so that the occupants of the packhouse wouldn’t see the both of you.

 

“I’m going to shift, and you’re going to ride on me. I can’t risk you falling and hurting yourself and the child.” You said as the both of you walked deeper into the forest.

 

“But wouldn’t it more dangerous if I fall off you?” She asked innocently and your lips twitched.

 

“That’s true.”

 

She chuckled as she continued leading you by holding your hand. Tilting your head in curiosity, you wondered if she knew where she was going.

 

“Are you just walking, or do you have a place in mind?”

 

You saw her back stiffen at your question and she turned her head to you, her smile not reaching her eyes. She didn’t answer you and continued to lead you. Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at her suspiciously but didn’t dwell on it. What was the worse that could happen?

 

She was a pregnant lady and you were a werewolf. You could easily overpower her if she tried anything funny.

 

As you got further from the packhouse, your wolf started getting restless as it tried to force you to shift. Your animal instinct was acting up, and there was an unknown stench getting stronger. You stopped your track and she was pulled back. She turned to you in confusion and saw the guarded look on your face. You looked around the forest with a frown, your nose was twitching from the stench while you tried to find the source of the smell.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Enough with the games, where are you taking me?” You asked, your eyes penetrating hers. She looked confused but your heightened senses could easily look past the facade.

 

How could you not realize the malice behind her eyes? How could anyone not see it?

 

“Is something wrong? I’m just… walking.” She said and your frown deepened.

 

“Let’s go back. We’re far too near the pack borders and the pack warriors are doing their perimeter there.” You said and was about to walk back to the packhouse but Jina stood her ground.

 

“No.” Her voice was cold and it sent shivers down your spine.

 

She dropped her good girl act. Letting go of her hand, you turned to her to see her expressionless face. It was your first time seeing her face looking so stoned-cold since it was usually so expressive.

 

“Jina?” You called out, your frown never leaving your face.

 

“I guess I should tell you my real name since I’ve already achieved my goal.” She smirked and you took an unconscious step back.

 

Damn, that’s why we should never ignore our animal instinct. You cursed yourself. You attempted to mind-link anyone you could reach but you couldn’t seem to find that link anywhere in your mind.

 

“Just in case you’re trying to call someone, you can’t. This space is magically made, so only those who have our permission can enter.” She said and your eyes widened.

 

“Who are you?” Your voice was soft as you could feel the fear slowly gnawing into your heart.

 

“Lim Gayeon. I was the Luna of a rouge pack that your pack annihilated.” She said, her eyes hardening into a glare.

 

The fear was replaced by confusion as you processed her words.

 

“If my pack annihilated yours, then why didn’t you just annihilate mine instead of going through all this trouble by getting yourself pregnant, and dragging me out here?” You asked.

 

Gayeon released a scoff.

 

“What’s worse than the pack destroying themselves? Do you think I wouldn’t realize who you are? Goddess, the number of times Jungkook spoke about you and the way the two of you looked at one another, I must be a fool to not realize your relationship.”

 

It was your turn to scoff. A typical revenge drama that you only saw in books and movies, but who would have thought that you would actually have to experience first-hand. At least now you knew why the Alpha couldn’t find any information on the girl in front of you and that your hunches were right, although it was too late by now to do anything about it. Keeping yourself calm instead of panicking, you looked at her indifferently.

 

“Okay, so, you’re here to kill me to trigger Jungkook into killing his own pack members?” 

 

She snapped her fingers with a smirk.

 

“Bingo.”

 

“Okay, do it.” You said, opening your arms and inviting the girl to do what she wanted to her disbelief.

 

Jungkook wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter