Chapter 13

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Returning after a long day in the hospital, you went to shower and threw yourself on the bed you have been occupying the past few days. In these few days, you assisted in a few surgeries in the pack hospital, which also accepts human patients if the town hospitals were full, or if any emergency patients needed the machines that were only available in the pack hospital since it was the biggest hospital in town. But not everyone had access to it, so an appointment was vital to make sure that there was no chance of your kind being found out by the town folks. It was, after all, imperative to maintain peace among the werewolf and human community.

 

No werewolves would want to be mobbed by humans holding pitchforks, and no humans would feel safe if they knew that mythical beings were living amongst them.

 

Jungkook was sitting on the bed as he waited for you to finish showering. As agreed, he fetched you to and from the hospital and the packhouse. It didn’t bother you much since they needed the reassurance that you were safe, since you had a target on your back.

 

“Dinner’s ready by the way,” Jungkook said.

 

He went to check on the dinner preparations and went to talk to his father before he came into his room. By the time he entered his room, you were already in the shower after resting momentarily on the bed.

 

Humming in response, you wiped your wet feet on the floor mat while looking on the ground to make sure that there was no water dripping on the room’s floor, not noticing the look that Jungkook was giving you. You were wrapped in only a towel and was about to make your way into the walk-in closet to get changed but he pulled your hand and your back ended up slamming against the closet door. His lips were on yours hungrily and the towel that was holding your hair together became undone at the impact.

 

Jungkook removed the towel that was on your head and his hand was at the back of your head, slightly tugging your wet and tangled hair which forced you to tilt your head upwards, allowing him more access to your mouth. His other hand was placed at the bottom of your back as he pulled your body closer to him. Your hands were on each side of his jawline, as your lips moved in sync with his.

 

He soon trailed his kisses downwards, from your jawline to the base of your neck and your hands moved to his hair that was still stiff from the hair gel that he used. He was slightly nibbling on the place that he was supposed to place his mark and you couldn't keep the soft euphoric moan from releasing. Your body was burning in pleasure and he removed his lips from your sensitive skin.

 

Placing his forehead against yours, his eyes opened and you could clearly see the lust in them and you were positive that your eyes were mirroring his.

 

“Not yet.” He breathed and you nodded.

 

Both of you agreed that the marking should take place after you have forgiven each other instead of getting caught up in the moment. If not, both of you would end up hurting each other since the mark would allow both of you to share your emotions, and if you were marked before you forgive him, he would feel all the pent up anger and sadness that you were keeping to yourself and the chances of him understanding your anger would be near to zero, and vice versa. His anger at you for planning something that could have cost him either his supposed pup or you.

 

Although it was clear that it was a scheme and even if the pup was indeed his, you would still stop at nothing to break the bond and risk the pup’s life.

 

Both of you needed to understand each other’s pain before you could share them, and to avoid both of your emotions from being tangled up with the other.

 

But damn, this was painful too, both for your wolf and yourself. Especially when your wolf had little care for your emotions and all she wanted was to claim what was hers.

 

The want and need were there, and you didn’t know how long the both of you could keep it under control. You lost count of how many times the both of you made out and almost got yourselves marked, or even going further to mate.

 

“You drive me crazy Jung Jaein.” He closed his eyes and said.

 

With a smirk, you put a hand on his cheek.

 

“I drive everyone crazy, don’t I? I’m fabulous like that.”

 

He let out a playful growl before placing a kiss on your lips and heading to the shower.

 

“Someone needs a cold shower~” You sang out loud and laughed at his response.

 

“Shut up!”

 

The laughter died down and your lips reduced into a sad smile. How long are you going to torture yourselves before someone breaks down?

 

“What’s the point of knowing who they are when you’re not doing anything?” You asked with a frown the moment you entered the room after chatting with Laura and Rachel who were living in the packhouse too. Taehyung decided to move to Laura’s room, so the three of you talked in Rachel’s room, which was located at the top level which was the restricted area, so nobody was allowed to enter, except for the cleaners and the Alpha’s family.

 

Rachel has already listed all the names of the ‘spies’ but there was still no action taken which baffled you. They were still roaming around the packhouse freely and you had to resist the urge to go into their room and inject them with wolfsbane to let them get a taste of their own medicine. It was really getting on your nerve.

 

“Seeing that nothing is happening in your eyes doesn’t mean that there’s actually nothing being done,” Jungkook said. He was sitting and leaning against the headboard as he looked through the training reports that Taehyung handed him over dinner.

 

“Really? What exactly is your strategy?” You asked with your wide eyes. You were sitting on the bed with your legs crossed and looking at him with anticipation.

 

“Why? Are you going to get yourself involved?” He asked, looking up from the papers.

 

You nodded.

 

“Keep dreaming.” He sighed and returned his attention to the papers in his hand.

 

Your eyebrows furrowed and you could feel both your wolf’s and your anger pulsating in your veins.

 

“It’s my problem too.” You argu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter