Chapter 20

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is it?” Jungkook turned to the door as Rachel and Jimin graced the office with their presence. 

 

Jimin sounded excited through the mind-link and only an hour had passed since he entered the office to run through the plan before putting it into action. Jimin turned to Rachel with a Cheshire grin and the young witch just rolled her eyes in response. Jungkook was frowning at the exchange, this was no time to be playing, especially when Jaein was Jimin’s best friend too and he seemed too laid back at her disappearance. 

 

“We need to reorganize your warriors, but we’re keeping the five warriors you have selected to kill the witch with me. There are five other locations that I have no sight of, two of which are further to the west of the current warehouse we have our eyes on, one is towards the east of your pack, and the remaining two is southeast from this warehouse.” 

 

Everyone stared at the girl with a look of confusion.

 

“And how do you know these?” Seokjin, the head pack tracker and tactician, asked.

 

“The mate of the prisoner is being held hostage by Lim Gayeon through the rogue witch, and Rachel promised him that she would help him if he were to tell us everything he knew,” Jimin explained and Yoongi gawked.

 

“And he spilled nothing during his interrogation?” 

 

“You guys asked the wrong questions.” Rachel shrugged and Jungkook frowned.

 

“You were there when we tortured them.” 

 

“I didn’t think about it until just now, and I was more focused on their screams during their interrogation than the questions being asked, it was annoying. This is why you need female interrogators, you male wolves are such simpletons so your questions are overused. Try to look at it from another point of view next time, anyway, back to the point. We need to reorganize the plan, the prisoner, Paul, gave us some pretty detailed information.” 

 

She opened her palms and her glass ball appeared in her hand before it glowed and levitated, showing them the conversation she shared with the prisoner in her eyes. 

+.+.+

By the time you were conscious, you found yourself restrained by chains instead of cloth. You sat up and rubbed your eyes before taking in your surrounding. 

 

“What the hell…” You breathed, looking around the foreign place. 

 

It didn’t take a genius to figure out you were in a cell and kidnapped right under your pack’s nose. 

 

“You’re finally awake,” a familiar voice said and you looked up. Narrowing your eyes at the person’s presence, you resisted the urge to growl since it would be pathetic, considering your wolf wasn’t with you at the moment.

 

“Lim Gayeon,” your jaws were clenched as you glared at her. 

 

The rogue luna smirked and grabbed your arm, forcing you to stand up and the chains rattled at the movement. 

 

“It’s been a while, such a pity you made it out alive,” she sighed and caressed your cheek with her slender fingers.

 

Furrowing your eyebrows, you backhanded her hand with a smack and was about to punch her in the face but she easily blocked it with her free hand, wrapping her hand around your fist.

 

She whistled, “feisty.”

 

Wincing when she squeezed the hold she had on your fist, you released a sharp gasp when you felt your bone cracked. She looked satisfied with the crack and released your fist. Hugging your swelling hand with your free hand, you continued glaring at her.

 

“Glaring at me will just hurt your pretty little eyes you know,” she chuckled and you rolled your eyes. 

 

She was right. 

 

“You do know you’re still on the short end of the stick right? Even with a witch on your side,” you casually asked and she gave a nonchalant shrug.

 

“Doesn’t matter who has the short end of the stick, as long as I get to destroy the pack that killed mine, I’m satisfied with whatever outcome I have.” 

 

“And you’re thinking of the outcome with the baby in mind?” You raised your brows and the corner of her lips twitched at your question.

 

“He’ll be with me, dead or alive. I’m not going to let him live the life of a rogue alone.” 

 

You scoffed in response. Shouldn’t a mother be wishing the best for her child? This woman didn’t actually care if her kid made it out alive, but you admit that she had a point. Being a rogue was shunned upon by the other packs, they were either banished from their packs or they have betrayed their packs. They could also be the survivors of a destroyed pack, but you weren’t sure Lim Gayeon fell on which category. 

 

“You’ve been saying that my pack annihilated your rogue ‘pack’,” you added the quotation mark to bring your point across, rogues did not travel in packs. They were lone wolves, if, by chance they did meet a mate, they would only travel with their family and nobody else. That didn’t count as a pack. 

 

You continue, “but how can we annihilate a pack that’s nonexistent?” 

 

“Ah… The beauty of oblivion,” she sighed and tilted her head back with her eyes closed.

 

Giving her a strange look, you simply shook your head. She had shown you so many sides that you didn’t know which one was actually her. The way she was acting now reminded you of how she acted in the packhouse and the person who befriended you, not someone who was out for blood when she left you for dead in the forest the time she revealed her true identity. 

 

“Listen here, you wench.” 

 

She pulled your hair back, forcing your head back and you released a gasp in shock. You wrapped your hands around her strong wrist to make her release her hold on you but you knew that it was futile. Your enhanced strength was lost. 

 

Ah...There’s the vindictive lady. You thought to yourself.

 

“Not all rogues are lone wolves, especially those who fell victim to a rogue attack. My pack was killed but my mate and I survived, but not for long. We stumbled upon your little territory by accident and you good for nothing warriors ripped my mate apart right in front of my eyes,” she growled in my ear and you pursed your lips.

 

Well, that was her sob story.

 

“You do know that having only your mate killed doesn’t count as us annihilating your pack. Shouldn’t you, I don’t know... Blame it on the rogues that invaded your pack and put you in this predicament? If they never attacked your pack, you wouldn’t need to go rogue and entered our territory by accident,” you reasoned and she froze at your words.

 

That was when you guessed that she never thought about it the way you did. She was so focused on the pack member who killed her mate that she lost all rationality, not that you could blame her of course. 

 

“He was my pack.” 

 

You laughed at her words because it sounded ridiculous in your ears. She tugged your hair harder that it started hurting and your laughter turned into a small yelp.

 

“Your actual pack that consisted of maybe… hundreds were killed by rogues, but my pack member killed your mate, only one person who happened to be your beloved but you’re pinning the entire blame on my pack?” You asked in disbelief.

 

“Don’t play mind games with me,” she growled and you released a small cough in shock. 

 

You were stabbed at your side and you took a sharp intake of breath when she took out whatever it was she stabbed you with. 

 

“Your alpha will suffer the loss of a mate like I did.” 

 

She threw you to the ground and you fell with a thud. You immediately applied pressure on the stab wound thanks to your unstoppable mouth and stared wide-eyed at the bloody knife she was holding. 

 

“Well, it won’t be hard since you already snatched my wolf away from me,” you said, your voice annoyingly weak.

 

She smirked.

 

“It'll just make torturing you that much more entertaining. It wouldn’t be so fun if that stab healed so fast, would it? You can feel her slowly going rabid, can’t you?” 

 

The mention of your wolf instantly made you snap and you didn’t resist the growl from emitting any longer.

 

“She won’t go rabid.” 

 

It was her turn to laugh at your expense. 

 

“No wolf can go so long without the control of its human.” 

 

There was truth in her words. You pursed your lips into a thin line and closed your eyes, your breaths were becoming heavy and uneven as the blood loss was making you feel dizzy. 

 

“Don’t die,” she bid you goodbye and left the prison, leaving you to bleed. 

 

Come on, I know you’re in there somewhere. I need you. You called on to your wolf although your bond with her was weak. So weak that you had to concentrate on it to make it noticeable. 

 

Without your wolf’s enhanced healing ability, you were either going to die from blood loss or infection. Your consciousness was fading and it didn’t take long for you to give in to the darkness that was calling for you.

 

You were awakened when you were slapped in the face by cold water. Wiping the water off your face, you looked up and saw an amused Gayeon with a pail in her hand. Squinting your eyes at her, you released a sigh and moved back to lean against the wall. 

 

“It seems like your wolf helped you in the background,” she casually said and your raised your brows in confusion, wondering what nonsense she was spouting this time. 

 

Her eyes shifted down to your torso and she jerked her head towards it which made you look in the direction of her eyes. 

 

There was a patch of bloodstain on your oversized white shirt and you cringed in disgust as the memories slowly returned to you. You immediately lifted your shirt and there was a small cut, but it didn’t hurt as much. You tried calling out to your wolf and internally groan when you couldn’t feel her. How was she able to heal you without your knowledge?

 

“You have a friend if you haven’t noticed.” She suddenly said and you looked up at her to see her looking behind. 

 

You looked in front of you and saw a skinny female figure, she was in terrible shape with blood, bruises, and cuts all over her skin and she was barely conscious. She was chained up as well and with how the chain was burning her skin, you knew that she was a werewolf. But a werewolf shouldn’t be healing so slowly. Those cuts and bruises on her skin should have been healed.

 

They must have poisoned her. 

 

“And she is?” You asked, looking up at Gayeon.

 

“A traitor's mate,” she spat and you chuckled.

“Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter