Chapter 12

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor finally discharged you after you kept pestering him that you have already recovered enough to move. Although the wounds took longer than necessary to heal because of the silver and wolfsbane, you still had your enhanced healing abilities. Normally, bullet wounds would heal in two days or three, but with the silver and wolfsbane combined, it took you nearly three weeks to heal, but you weren’t completely healed since you still felt some aches from your injuries.

 

You had three bullets on your limbs, two on your left thigh and one on you right. Another two lodged in your lower torso, one of which that caused you to be barren and the other at your right side. It didn’t take long for the silver to burn your flesh and affect your vital organs, and the blood loss was barely controlled, which caused you to go into cardiac arrest thrice in a week. It was made clear to you that you weren’t allowed to go out on your own, even when you were within the hospital in case anything happens.

 

Apparently, while you were unconscious, your brother beat Jungkook up and your parent made their anger and disappointment known to him. From the interactions between them, it was obvious that they were still upset with Jungkook, but your brother couldn’t ignore Jungkook since he was the Gamma of the pack and reports to Jungkook and the Alpha. Your mother was pampering you with food throughout your stay in the hospital despite the argument that you had with her the moment you woke up.

 

You apologised to her for being rude even though you knew that she just felt bad for the misfortune that befell on her daughter. But you told them that you didn’t need the sympathy that they were showing you since it would turn into a habit, and habit dies hard. Plus, you would always be reminded of how foolish you were for trusting the crazy female werewolf that was out for the pack’s blood and ignoring your wolf’s instinct.

 

“I’m staying in the packhouse?” You turned to Jungkook in surprise when he announced that.

 

Did your parent permit you to?

 

He nodded with a smile as he waited for you to get changed into a pair of denim shorts and an oversized t-shirt, not really caring if he was looking since you still had bandages wrapped around your torso. And the both of you were werewolves, so it was common to see each other since you would be before and after your shift.

 

“Hoseok hyung already moved most of your clothes into my room. It took a lot of persuading from my parents and myself for your parent to allow you to move, but they gave in in the end.”

 

Responding with a hum, you put on your shirt and tucked the front hem into your denim shorts. Checking your reflection on the mirror for the last time, you left the ward with Jungkook trailing closely behind you.

 

The moment you left the hospital, you felt the pack’s eyes on you and instantly felt self-conscious. Of course, they were going to gossip about you and what happened, you couldn’t stop the pack from giving you looks that screams ‘pitiful child’. With a sigh, you hung your head but looked up at Jungkook soon after when you felt his hand interlacing yours.

 

“It’ll pass.” He reassured with a smile.

 

Returning the smile, you stopped and removed your hand from his which confused him. You went behind him and held his shoulders with your hands, bending your knees and jumped on his back. Your abdomen ached at the impact but you remained indifferent and wrapped your legs around his waist, while he held onto your bare thighs.

 

“You know, I could have bent down instead of letting you jump.” He chuckled and continued walking.

 

“Where’s the fun in that?” You asked and dipping your head at the side of his neck, your breath fanning on his skin and you could see the goosebumps forming at the action.

 

He released a strained groan and gripped your thighs harder.

 

“Don’t do that.”

 

“Nope.” Popping the ‘p’, you placed your lips on his neck and you could feel his muscle tensed under you.

 

You were amused at his helplessness.

 

Jungkook had no choice but to hasten his pace to the packhouse. His parents, your family, the Beta, Delta, Gamma, your best friends, and the witch were all waiting in the Alpha’s office. They needed to know the words exchanged between you and the liar before a plan can be put in place, but if you continued teasing him, it would be difficult for his feet to lead him to the office instead of his bedroom.

 

You decided to stop and ended up resting your forehead on his shoulder. He put you down when both of you were in front of the Alpha’s office.

 

“You have to tell us everything.” Jungkook reminded and you simply gave him a casual wave before knocking on the door and entered upon hearing the acknowledgement from the other side.

 

Slightly overwhelmed by the people in the Alpha office, you took a tiny step back with your eyes widened but Jungkook simply pushed you in and closed the door behind him. Glaring at him, he gave a nonchalant shrug and went to sit at the sofa where Taehyung and Jimin were seated at.

 

“I thought that explaining to everyone once would be better than explaining multiple times to different people.” The Alpha explained.

 

All the leaders of the pack were present in the room, including the Head Tracker, Kim Seokjin. Taehyung was the head warrior and your best friend so you had expected him to be here. But not the other leaders. Goddess, this was slightly intimidating and them giving you a reassuring smile wasn’t helping you the tiniest bit.

 

Jungkook patted on the space beside him and you walked over while combing your tangled hair with your fingers.

 

“To start, we told you that we were suspicious of Jina right?” The Alpha asked, leaning on the edge of the desk with his arms crossed while he looked at you.

 

You nodded.

 

“And you told me that there was no evidence, so we were just speculating, but with what happened…”

 

The Alpha nodded.

 

“I need you to tell us what happened that left you in that state. We’re aware that the rogue witch was the one that hid your scent and curtained both the intruders and yourself so that we weren’t able to find you. Of course, this deduction was made possible with Rachel’s help.” He turned to Rachel, who was leaning against the wall with her right hand sandwiched between her back and the wall while looking at her nails on her left hand.

 

She looked up with her eyebrows raised and gestured for the Alpha to move on.

 

Sinking into the couch, you tilted your head back and rested your head on top of the backrest, staring at the ceiling while you vividly recall what happened.

 

“She said she wanted to go out and told me not to tell Jungkook because he would be against it since it would risk the child. I was reluctant at first but I felt guilty for hiding the fact that I was intending to break the bond and have the child removed despite anyone against it, I’m not sure if Rachel or Laura have mentioned this before though.” Your head turned to look at Rachel and she shook her head.

 

“I only told them of the rogue witch.”

 

With a nod, you returned your attention to the ceiling. Jungkook was going to be so angry and disappointed but you already promised to not filter anything out.

 

“She knew of the way to break the bond and was willing to do it, but Jungkook had convinced her otherwise, so I thought that she was caring for the child when she said that being cooped up in the room was bad for the child too. We agreed to meet at night when Jungkook comes home since there would be zero chances of running into him when we’re outside. Instead of me leading her though, she was leading me and I found it strange a little too late, by the time I realized, we were already at the pack border.”

 

Your eyes closed as the memories flashed in your head.

 

“She started telling me the real reason she entered the pack and how she was a rogue but has a scent of a human. My mind link was blocked so I couldn’t ask for help so I decided to just accept my fate. She was from a rogue pack that was killed by us and lost her mate. She found out that I was Jungkook’s mate, so I suspect she came into the pack for the sake of finding his mate and killing her. What I can guarantee is that she intended to let Jungkook succumb to the madness of the loss and go on a rampage, destroying the pack.”

 

You continued and smirked at the memory. Your next words were answer was going to get everyone on the edge.

 

“I just told her to do it.”

 

As expected, there were choruses of “What?” And “Are you crazy?”

 

“What in the world were you thinking?” Jungkook exclaimed when he grabbed your should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter