Chapter 2

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He averted his eyes from yours when his fiancée shook his arm. The smile that he gave his fiancée unconsciously made you clenched your fist, your heart feeling a pinch. All this time, all the words you said about his poor mate, you were talking about yourself. You couldn't help but release a dry chuckle at this helpless situation.

 

Taehyung was the first to notice your laughter and tapped on your shoulder.

 

"What's so funny?" He asked softly.

 

"Me. I feel like a joke." You said, staring at his tensed back. You knew he felt your eyes on him. Your wolf was heartbroken and you felt her agony stabbed right through your heart.

 

Your words confused Taehyung and Jimin raised his brows at you.

 

"What are you saying all of a sudden?" Jimin asked.

 

"I'm heading home first. As expected, I can't sit through this wedding no matter how perfect the girl is." You said and walked out of the wedding hall, ignoring their silent calls.

 

Tears welled up in your eyes as soon as the door closed behind you. Biting your lips to prevent the tears from falling, you took off your heels and ran into the woods barefooted. Your phone vibrated in your clutch purse but you ignored it. ping your dress, you swiftly removed it and released your auburn wolf, lightly biting on your dress, clutch, and heels that were on the ground, you took off to wherever your wolf took you.

 

Stopping at a riverbank, your wolf paced around helplessly after she put down your belongings near a tree. She was trying her best to refrain a howl that could attract unwanted attention, so the next best thing she could do was continue pacing to relieve a little of the grief.

 

The mate that she longed for had already belonged to another. All you could do was just laugh at your misery, your wolf growled as it saw its reflection on the water, furious at her mate. Her dangerous thought flashed through your mind and you instantly reigned control of your wolf before it did something that both of you would regret. She thought of killing the person that came between you and your mate, how were you supposed to let it happen?

 

How could you, or your wolf, even think of that even for a second?

 

A doctor who saves lives, actually thought of killing someone?

 

Disgusted at the thought, you shifted back and wore your purple dress, leaving your heels and clutch on the ground beside you as you sat down at the riverbank and soaked your legs in the cold river. Your mind was traveling down a dangerous path, thinking of ways to remove the obstacle.

 

Releasing a chuckle in disbelief at the irony, the very reason you took reign was because of your wolf's dangerous thoughts, but your thoughts were not any different.

 

"What should I do now?" You questioned yourself, lying down on the slightly damp grass and stared at the stars glittering the night sky. You would have thought that it looked beautiful to you if you saw it on a better occasion, but now, it just felt like the sky was mocking you.

 

After some time, you decided to walk back home. Your hair was a mess since you shifted and you remained barefooted as you walked the long way home, ignoring your phone that was constantly vibrating and your thumping head, indicating that someone was trying to communicate with you telepathically. An ability that all werewolves within the pack had.

 

The lights in your house were on, telling you that you stayed at the riverbank long enough for the wedding to end. The moment you open the door though, the musky scent that you dread immediately infiltrated your nose, and the wolf in you was repulsed by it instead of embracing it. The betrayal she felt from her mate was so overwhelming that she was repulsed by his scent. Talk about irony.

 

"Where the hell were you? You weren't answering your phone and you even blocked us out from the mind-link." Jimin stomped towards you.

 

Your eyes laid on him and he was looking at you in shame. Well, at least he knows how to be ashamed of himself.

 

"I told you. I can't sit through a werewolf wedding for werewolves who aren't meant to be mates. It's despicable." You said, your glare fixated on his apologetic eyes and he winced at your words.

 

"Jung Jaein!" Your brother shouted at the blatant disrespect.

 

It didn't matter how good their friendship was, there was a line to be drawn between a pack member and an Alpha.

 

He, however, kept quiet. He was listening to you, you had every right to say those words to him and he was willing to take it all in. He was willing to be your emotional trashcan as long as it could ease your anger, even if it was by a little bit.

 

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" Taehyung asked softly from beside you, looking at his best friend with his eyes widened.

 

He knew that his best friend never really filter her words, but she still knew what shouldn't be said, no matter how angry she was.

 

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, I'm still jet-lagged and I need all the sleep I can get." You told Jimin and Taehyung, putting your hands on each of their shoulders. "Jeon Jungkook, go back to your wife, what are you doing here in the first place." You snapped and he bit his lower lip, looking at you nervously.

 

"Enough! Go wash up and we'll speak tomorrow." Your father sternly said and you obliged, not wanting to stay in the same place with him any longer than necessary.

 

Turning your shower on, you finally let your tears flow. Your hands pressed against the tiled walls in front of you and your shoulders shook as the sound of the shower drowned your soft whimpers.

 

Sleep didn't come to you easily, and when it finally did, you were awakened by your mother.

 

"Get up and eat lunch. You've already skipped dinner and breakfast." Her soft voice reached your ear and you groaned, pulling your duvet over your head, attempting to block everyone out.

 

Unfortunately, your mother wasn't the only one in your room and your duvet was pulled away. Feeling bare without the duvet, you sat up and glared at the person holding onto your duvet. You were tired and heartbroken, all you wanted to do was hide from everyone but your parents were not having your little tantrum.

 

"Don't you dare glare at me, Jung Jaein." Your father said, returning your glare with a glare of his own.

 

With a tired sigh, you scratched your head in frustration and got off the bed, taking a set of clothes and slamming the washroom door. You knew that your father was fuming at your attitude and your mother was coaxing your father outside. Too exhausted to care, you washed your fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter