Chapter 14

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was holding your hand as she led you to a deserted part of the packhouse. Your eyes gradually widened when you heard silent chantings getting louder. She stopped and slightly peeked over the corner of the wall the both of you were hiding at. She gestured you to watch with her and slightly bent her body for you. You went over her body with your hand on her back for support and widened your eyes in shock at the scene unfolding in front of your eyes.

 

There was a group of six werewolves sitting down in a circle, with a symbol that looked like a six-pointed star in the middle of them, with a candle at each corner of the points. You recognized their faces, they were the rogues that had infiltrated the pack. The chants were gibberish in your ear but from the frown on Rachel’s face, she knew what the chants were. Of course, she should know. The place was located at the top floor, where Rachel was residing at, and it was near the end of the hallway, just outside a storeroom.

 

She looked at you, trying to talk to you with her eyes but you have got no idea what she was trying to tell you. She tried mouthing the words but you still couldn’t get what she was saying so you continued staring at her, trying to decipher what she was trying to tell you. Noticing your look of confusion, she grew increasingly frustrated and chanted something under her breath and went behind you. Eyeing her, you released a gasp when she pushed you out of your hiding spot, exposing your presence to the werewolves who turned at the sound when you stumbled and nearly fell.

 

The moment you met eyes with the wolves, you recalled the shape of her lips.

 

‘Distract them.’

 

Straightening your back awkwardly, you put your hands on your hips.

 

“What are you guys doing here? This place is restricted.”

 

They instantly stood up in shock and bowed their heads at your presence.

 

“Forgive us. We will leave right away.” One of them said and you raised your eyebrows.

 

“What are you actually doing here? I heard you chanting a language not our own, and what’s that symbol in the middle? Are you guys associated with a witch?” You interrogated as you walked towards them. Your eyes shifted from them to the symbol on the floor.

 

Inside the six-pointed star, you saw other small symbols but from the number of shapes and curves it had, you knew that they formed words. But it was a language unknown to you. Maybe Rachel knew but you didn’t have her witchcraft knowledge to read and know the meaning of these words.

 

“What language is this?” You squatted down and starred at the words, trying to memorize it in your head. The symbol and words were written in white chalk and you saw a bottle of water sitting at the corner with a box of chalk.

 

You saw one of them moved to attack you and you immediately stood up and swiftly avoided his hand.

 

Using your brain to deduce the situation, you smirked when you had an inkling of what you just stumbled upon. This place was restricted, so there was no CCTV, and one of them was able to hack into the CCTVs and planted still footage so that nobody would see their movements.

 

“What exactly are you going to report to her now that you’ve been found out?” You tilted your head and asked.

 

Their innocent masks were instantly taken off and they were glaring at you.

 

“Back to plan A.” One of them smirked and you sighed at that stupid idea.

 

They were aware of where they were right? You tried to mind link Jungkook but you couldn’t find the link. What was this deja vu?

 

“This place is enchanted.” One of them saw the confusion on your face and you scoffed.

 

Well, now you knew you were being screwed over, again. And Jungkook was going to be so damn pissed at you. It hasn’t been a few hours since you 'compromised' with him, telling him that you wouldn't act on your own.

 

All of them suddenly shifted and you attempted to make a dash for it in the interim but you were thrown back by an invisible force. Your back hit the ground so hard that you released a pained gasp.

 

What kind of enchantment was this? Was it the same as the one you experienced previously, but slightly downsized and limited to this place?

 

You swiftly shifted into your wolf, ripping your clothes in the process, and growled at the six rogues. There was a higher chance of you surviving in your wolf than remaining in your human form. They didn’t hesitate to attack and you were forced to avoid them and was always on defense, but there was so long that you could defend yourself for. One of them managed to bite your side and threw you with his snout, sending you flying across the hall.

 

You immediately fell to the floor after your back collided with the wall. One of them stalked towards you as you stood up on your four legs. Prepared to go on defense again with your aching back.

 

Before they could even attempt to attack you again, you could hear running footsteps and it wasn’t long until you saw an enraged Jungkook, Taehyung, and Laura.

 

You’re really a magnet for trouble. His voice rang in your head and your eyes brightened.

 

Can you hear me?

 

Rachel brought down the enchantment. He explained and you nodded.

 

The three of them shifted the moment they saw the rogues and they didn’t wait for another second to attack. It seemed like the rogues were baffled at the fallen enchantment and it took them a while to respond to the sudden turn of events. The fight was short and all six of them were incapacitated. The four of you remained in your wolf forms, waiting for the pack warriors to arrive.

 

He walked over to you and sniffed your back, ensuring that there was no injury.

 

Just in case you get the wrong idea, I didn’t plan for any of this. You told him and he pushed his snout against yours.

 

I know, but you could’ve given me a heads up.

 

The six rogues were brought to the pack prison and the four of you shifted back to your human forms after clothes were thrown to you. You wore an oversized navy blue t-shirt while Laura wore a black oversized t-shirt, both wearing a pair of boxers underneath the shirts. Both Taehyung and Jungkook were just wearing a pair of basketball shorts and remained shirtless.

 

You sat down at where the symbol was and continued staring at it.

 

“Anyone know what language this is?” You asked as the three of them walked over to you.

 

“Ancient Latin” Rachel finally emerged from the shadows and revealed herself.

 

“Why didn’t you call for me straight away instead of Jaein?” Jungkook asked with his arms crossed and wore a frown on his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter