Chapter 18

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling a snap inside you, you opened your eyes, waking up from your deep slumber. There was a sudden emptiness in you that made you frown. Putting a hand over your chest, you tried calling out for your wolf but you couldn’t feel her. Panic started to ensue within you and you clenched your fist, your heartbeat quickening in fear for the worse.

 

“What’s wrong?” You heard his voice behind you which made you tense.

 

“I don’t know.” You said and he got up, turning you to face him and you saw his face looking at you and laced concern.

 

He saw the panic in your eyes and pulled you into his embrace.

 

“A nightmare?” He asked and you shook your head.

 

Rachel said your wolf could be blocked, but you should still be able to feel her. But the snap was making you restless and uneasy, you couldn’t feel your wolf at all. You were still conscious so you doubt that you were being manipulated, so why?

 

“I’m sorry.” You pulled away from Jungkook and ran out of his room barefooted.

 

He called out to you but you ran as quickly as your feet could take you deep into the forest. He ran after you and it didn’t take long for him to reach you.

 

“Tell me, what’s wrong?” Jungkook desperately asked with his hands on your shoulders.

 

“I need to shift.” You closed your eyes and called for your wolf desperately.

 

Expecting a familiar shift in your bones, you clenched your fist and your eyebrows furrowed in frustration when you didn’t feel yourself shift like you were supposed to.

 

“I can’t.” You fell on your knees, despair filled your entire being as you felt like your other half being taken away from you.

 

“You can’t shift?” Jungkook asked, kneeling down on one knee to match your eye level.

 

Your eyes were filled with tears and you shook your head.

 

“I can’t feel her. Can you?” You asked as you looked up at him. Jungkook searched your eyes as his eyebrows furrowed, but it didn’t take long for his face to contort into shock.

 

Realizing the missing bond. His wolf was restless, pacing inside him and clawing his way out. He wants to be let free and kill the people that had hurt his mate but Jungkook forced him down, focusing on his mate who was in anguished. Looking at her like that hurts him but he needed to be strong for her.

 

“Let’s go back,” Jungkook said and carried you bridal style.

 

Your hands were around his neck but you couldn’t feel the usual static when your skin meet his. Pressing your face against his shoulder, you resisted a sob from releasing as tears soaked his shirt. The bond was gone.

 

For the first time, Rachel showed panic, pure anger, and uncertainty.

 

“I’ve underestimated her.” Rachel said after looking at the state you were in.

 

Your brother and Jungkook were in the room as well, while you remained dazed. You were hugging your knees, looking down at the duvet. Jungkook had immediately called for Rachel and your brother as soon as he put you down on the bed. Your eyes were swollen as you still tried to call out for your wolf, which you knew was futile but it didn’t hurt to keep trying.

 

“Do you know what happened to her wolf?” Hoseok, the gamma, asked.

 

“I’ve heard of someone who had a forceful separation with his wolf before as a punishment under the witch’s council, but he died soon after, unable to stand that a part of him was ripped away.”

 

“So you’re saying the rogue witch forcefully cut her connect with her wolf,” Jungkook concluded, his hands balled into fists as he looked at his mate.

 

Again, he couldn’t protect her.

 

Rachel grabbed one of your hands. You looked at the hand that she took and saw a white glow emitting from the contact. You felt nothing, so you didn’t know what she was doing. It didn’t take long for you to suddenly feel a tug in your chest and she suddenly released a sigh of relief.

 

“It’s not completely gone, the rogue witch isn’t strong enough to completely snap a spirit connection so we can still bring back her wolf. It’s just fully blocked.”

 

Her words made you look at her with wide eyes. Hope wasn’t completely lost.

 

“How?” Jungkook immediately asked in your state.

 

“Kill the witch that cast the curse.”

 

And your hope came crashing down again. What were the chances that they were able to find the witch and kill her before your wolf goes rabid and you lose all control over her? Almost none.

 

You returned to looking at the duvet, the emptiness was starting to eat you from the inside.

 

Jungkook and your brother shared a look. Both Rachel and your brother left the room, leaving you alone with Jungkook. He sat on the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around you, pressing his lips on the mark that was supposed to send pleasurable shivers down your spine, but it did nothing. Tears welled up in your eyes again, already missing the tingles that he should be sending your when he touches you.

 

“I can’t live without her.” Your voice was muffled as your face was buried in his shoulder.

 

He hushed you, patting your back in an attempt to comfort you but ironically, his presence was just making you feel worse.

 

“I’m here.” He whispered and you sniffed.

 

Your enhanced senses were also gone. In other words, you were just a mere human being.

 

He pulled away from the hug and wiped your tears away, giving you a reassuring smile. He pressed his lips on yours and you didn’t respond, not feeling it. It didn’t take long for him to realize it, so he pulled away. He didn’t want to force it on you, especially with what was happening. He was honestly scared of your reaction, he couldn’t feel your emotions anymore and it was making him uneasy.

 

“Let’s get some rest, it’s going to be stressful once we officially start the day.” He said softly, his voice was gentle as if talking to a fragile child.

 

Not meeting his eyes, you nodded. He laid beside you and embraced you as you closed your eyes, enjoying the warmth he was offering.

+.+.+

“My poor child.” Your mother cried as soon as she came into your room.

 

You were hugging your knees to your chest and your head was resting on your kneecaps. Nothing was in your head since you could only feel the emptiness that was once filled with your wolf’s presence. Your head raised as soon as you heard the door opened and tensed when your mother wrapped her arms around you.

 

You could feel your shirt getting wet from her tears, while yours were already dried up.

 

Your eyes met your father’s who had a look of sadness as he tried his best to give you a reassuring smile, telling you that everything was going to be okay. But you knew it wasn’t.

 

A werewolf without their spirit animal was as good as dead.

 

The bond between the wolf spirit and the human was more intimate than mates. Losing a mate would mean that you lost your other half, but losing your wolf meant that you lose a part of you. This blow was definitely harder than when you had to attend Jungkook’s wedding.

 

Your mother finally pulled away from the hug and caressed your cheeks with her hands.

 

“We’ll figure this out and get your wolf back.” She promised and you gave her a small smile.

 

They were trying so hard to make you feel better, but if your mate couldn’t fill the emptiness, you doubt anyone else could.

+.+.+

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter