Chapter 17

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were in a dark and boundless space. All you see was black and you screamed at the top of your lungs for Jungkook, your heart clenched in fear and tears were falling endlessly down your cheeks.

 

What is this?

 

Footsteps slowly approached you and you held your breath when you heard it stopped right in front of you.

 

“I see that there is a witch among you whose strong enough extract my power into you.” A female voice echoed in your ear and you were frozen. Her voice was soft yet threatening.

 

The rogue witch?

 

“That’s right, I’m sorry to say but you’re going to be my vessel, soon. And the pathetic Alpha of yours will be dead.” You felt her breath blowing in your ear that it made you shiver.

 

She started laughing, her laughter slowly got louder as it echoed through the dark space you were in.

 

The panic made you froze in place and your breath was slowly becoming heavy and uneven, your head was only filled with your mate and you shook your head, hoping to wake up from this nightmare. Your hands were covering your ears, hoping to cover her voice.

 

“Jungkook-ah…” You called out softly with your shaky breath.

 

“Jaein-ah.” His voice was soft but it reached your covered ears nonetheless, making you perk up, searching the dark space but you knew it was pointless. All you saw was black.

 

Your arms were stretched in front of you as you tried to reach for anything.

 

Calling out for him louder, you started to become agitated when there was no response.

 

“Jaein-ah, wake up.” You felt a pair of hands on your cheeks and you gasped, your eyelids fluttered open and you saw Jungkook looking at you worriedly.

 

At the sight of his face, you immediately wrapped your arms around his waist and pressed your teary eyes on his shoulder, soaking his shirt. His arm automatically wrapped around your torso and he buried his face in your neck, breathing in your scent that he dearly missed. Your heart was still thumping so fast as the fear was still pumping in your veins.

 

“It’s fine now. I’m here.” He whispered as he patted your back.

 

It took a while to calm you down and you slowly pulled away from him. You looked around and realized that you were in his room instead of the living room.

 

“I carried you here.” He said, wiping the lingering tears on your cheeks when he saw your puzzled expression.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?”

 

You sniffed and looked at him.

 

“You’re not angry anymore?”

 

“I’m more worried than angry.”

 

The corner of your lips slightly lifted to form a small smile and you wrapped your arms around his waist again.

 

“The rogue witch visited me and told me that she was going to use me as a vessel.” You told him and he tensed at your words, his arms around you tightened.

 

“I won’t let that happen.” His voice was strained and you could tell that he was suppressing his anger to avoid scaring you who was already shaken.

 

“She said that you would be dead.”

 

He pulled away from you and placed his face right in front of you, your noses were almost touching but the closeness was enough to make you feel the static from the bond. The only thought that crossed your mind was that you want him.

 

“I won’t let myself get killed and leave you alone. We’ll win this fight like all the other fights that we have won.” He whispered and gave you a reassuring smile. “I’m sorry for leaving you alone these past few days.” His eyes slightly drooped as his smile morphed into one that was apologetic.

 

“I am too.”

 

“I love you.” He whispered as his smile widened and you pressed your lips on his hungrily the moment those words left his lips. He fell back on the bed and you were straddling on him, with one of your hand in his tangled hair while the other was on his jawline. His tongue easily slipped into your mouth and the kiss got passionate quickly, making up for your lost time.

 

Before you knew it, you were under him and both of you were shirtless. He was and nibbling on the skin at the base of your exposed and vulnerable neck, as you released a sound of pleasure, your hands in his messy hair.

 

“Can I?” He whispered in your ear and his breath made you shudder as your stomach was performing flips. 

 

“Yes.” You breathlessly let out as you were stuck in a state of ecstasy.

 

Both of you knew that you needed this, especially with the rogue witch’s threat, it just made your situation even more apparent. You didn’t have the luxury of time to dwell on your emotions, and it was made clearly known to you by the message she sent. There was no point in resisting the bond anymore, and you were on the loose as desire was pumping in your veins.

 

His lips returned to the base of your neck and you felt his fangs piercing into the skin. Instead of pain, there was electrifying pleasure coursing through your veins and you shivered when he on the newly formed mark and your toes curled in response. You placed a hand on his cheek and leaned against his forehead while your other hand was on his nape.

 

His overwhelming emotions flowed into you as yours flowed into his. The strong emotions of desire, self-loathe, exhaustion, and anger were easily singled out by you but all you needed now was him.

 

“Let’s go to the end.” You said and your eyes met his iridescent gold eyes, with lust pooling underneath those orbs.

 

He searched your eyes for any sign of hesitance, making sure that you wouldn’t regret going all the way despite being the one who suggests it first. You went back to kissing him when the only feelings he saw were lust, desire, and love, the number of clothes both of you were wearing slowly reduced to none as you let your wolf completely reigned control over your consciousness.

+.+.+

Waking up to goosebumps all over your body, you felt an arm hugging your bare waist tightly and your back was pressed against his chest. You threaded your hand into his that was resting on your stomach. Every single place that your skin connected with his left burning tingles that made your body burn with desire yet again.

 

“Are you awake?” His voice was groggy which made your stomach flutter.

 

Responding with a hum, you turned to him to look at his sleeping face. Tracing his facial features with the tip of your fingers, you lingered them on his lips. He opened his mouth so suddenly that it shocked you, causing you to flinch when he bit your index and middle fingers. Shivers ran down your spine when he your fingers and you clenched the hand that was pressed against his bare chest.

 

He opened his eyes and you retracted your hand from his lips. A lazy smirk formed on his face and he snuggled his bare body with yours, feeling every single inch of your body against his.

 

“We have to go to work.” You whispered, looking up at him.

 

He shifted his body lower and buried his nose into your neck, his lips pressed on the mark that you believed have already healed into a scar.

 

“It's fine. We can stay like this a little longer.” He mumbled against your skin and went back to closing his eyes as he laid on top of you.

 

Some of his body weight was on you and his left arm was supporting his remaining body while his right hand was on your bare waist.

 

The heat was pooling in you and it was extremely hard for you to not notice the bulge pressing against your lower abdomen and dangerously close to your heated core. Your cheeks flushed. This was embarrassing, you remembered every single thing that happened last night, but that wasn’t a hundred percent you. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter