Prologue

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Werewolves are the children of the moon, and a mate is a gift bestowed by the moon goddess. 

 

Every werewolf’s dream is to meet their mates as soon as they reach their 18th birthday, but it didn’t apply to all of them. Those lucky ones would find them not long after they reach 18 years old, but there are also some who need to wait for years for their mate. Those who falls on the second category is likely due to their mate not reaching the age of maturity, or their mate belonged to another pack. In rare cases, their mate could be human and already has a family on their own, or their mate has unfortunately already passed on before meeting their werewolf half. 

 

With this belief, many werewolves who had waited for years usually give up finding for their counterpart and make their own family. However, the cons of forcing a mark on someone besides your mate comes with a price, especially if the female is human. Death is inevitable. The female werewolf will be barren, with no children to carry on the male’s family line whether or not the male is of the same species. It is a known fact in the werewolf community, thus marking and mating with someone that is not your mate is frowned upon

 

"Jungkook-ah, look here." You screamed for your best friend when you found a squirrel at the foot of the tree.

 

Your voice was loud enough to send the small rodent running up the tree and was instantly out of your sight, making you pout in disappointment. The person you called out for was running as quickly as his ten-year-old legs could carry him and by the time he was beside you, he looked confused as he turned his head around to see what it was that you asked him to look at.

 

"Did you make me run here to meet your imaginary friend?" He raised his eyebrows at you when he found nothing. 

 

"I found a squirrel but it ran away." You sighed and sat down on the ground, feeling dejected.

 

"Squirrel? Where?" A head popped out from one of the trees and asked, and you responded by pointing up at the tree that the squirrel hid into.

 

He walked over to you and looked up into the tree branches to see any movements but found nothing.

 

"Is your imaginary friend a squirrel by chance?" He snickered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter