Chapter 15

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone gathered in the Alpha’s office, except for your parents, and the silence was so deafening that you could hear a pin drop. Your brother and Jungkook were pissed at Rachel, but the young which seemed unbothered. The leaders of the pack were thinking among themselves, and Laura, Jimin, and yourself were feeling out of place. You didn’t even understand why Jimin was invited in the first place since he didn’t hold any position in the pack. He was just a regular pack member.

 

“Is there any way for us to know if Jaein is manipulated?” The Alpha asked and Rachel turned to Jungkook.

 

He felt her eyes on him and turned to her with a glare. Shaking your head at how childish he was being, you folded your arms and leaned against the couch. Although this conversation was about you, you had little interest in what was happening. You were just here to know what their plan was, but nothing about the plan was discussed. It was just a repeat of what Rachel explained.

 

“Mated wolves are connected spiritually and emotionally. If they mate, the Alpha’s son would know since there would be a block in the connection. But that is if Jaein doesn’t purposely block him out.” She explained and you immediately sat up, looking at her with wide eyes.

 

“It still surprises me how both of you haven’t marked each other yet.” The Alpha said.

 

“Not to mention your heat. You haven’t experienced it yet?” The Luna asked and you turned to look at her.

 

Right… Nobody knew what you did in the US.

 

The question made Jungkook widen his eyes in realization too and he looked at you in surprise. A female werewolf would go into heat once she meets her other half, and it would go on for days until you were mated. If for whatever reason the heat wasn’t satisfied, it would end for a while but it would start again not long later. It was a vicious cycle that a female wolf had to go through and it was the goddess’ way of making sure that the soulmates would mark each other, a way to avoid them from breaking the law of nature and mate with someone not fated for them.

 

Of course, a wolf in heat will result in marking. It was an intimate process that came together with a big emotional baggage, which was why you wanted to wait until your emotions were stable before you agreed to get marked by him, and vice versa. You were already overwhelmed with your own disappointment and hidden anger, how were you going to take on the additional burden of his emotions?

 

Laura released an unladylike snort at the question and you glared at her.

 

“Oh, this is going to be good.” She said and you threw a cushion to shut her up. "Is there popcorn?" She continued after catching the cushion and hugging it. You rolled your eyes at her and took the cushion that was behind Jungkook and hugged it. 

 

“What did you do?” Jimin asked curiously.

 

“Why are you curious? You guys are moving off the rail here. Keep it on track.” You narrowed your eyes at Jimin.

 

“We are on track. What did you do? Is it going to affect us?” Jungkook put a firm grip on your shoulders and forced you to face him.

 

Pursing your lips, you averted your eyes from him.

 

“Maybe…” You said softly.

 

“Well, then tell us.” Your brother impatiently said and you sighed.

 

They’d know sooner or later anyway. Moving his hands away from your shoulder, you took a hand in yours and rested them on your lap.

 

“I went into heat not long after I reach the US, on my birthday.” Some of their jaws dropped and Jungkook squeezed your hand.

 

“Probably because that’s when my wolf matured and she knew that she had already met her mate, but I didn’t know so I was utterly confused. It hurt so bad that I took handfuls of painkillers to numb the pain, and when it’s gone, I researched werewolf medicines that could help numb the heat but that was when I realized that there wasn’t one since there wasn’t a need for it in our race.”

 

“So I experimented with different kinds of painkillers, any chemical compounds that could weaken the wolf hormones, I tried anything that I could get my hands on and after so many trials and errors and consuming all those drugs, I managed to find a solution and the heat just stopped. But the side effect came later and I fainted. The fact that I would have difficulty in getting pregnant may be contributed by those drugs too.” You said and the office went back to being silent.

 

Taehyung turned to Laura to ask if she knew anything about it but she spoke first.

 

“Before you start scolding me for not stopping her, I did try and clearly failed.” Laura broke the silence and Taehyung sighed, looking distressed.

 

“Werewolf hormones… Did you add in any poisons to weaken them?” The Luna asked and you hesitantly nodded, looking at Jungkook who was staring at your connected hands. His eyes were scarily dull and you had no idea what he was thinking.

 

That was the only way to weaken your wolf.

 

“There was only one way to soothe a wolf in heat but that solution was thrown out the window when I don’t even know who my mate was and I can’t go out since there was a chance of other werewolves jumping at my alluring scent. So… I didn’t have a choice…”

 

A wolf in heat releases a scent that could make any unmated wolves crazy. They turn into animals.

 

“Why didn’t you tell any of us?” Taehyung asked with a frown.

 

“To my male best friend?” You raised your brows and he cleared his throat. It was like female humans flaunting that they were having their menstrual cycle to their male friends. How awkward would that be?

 

Plus, they would run over to the US, and what were the chances that they would end up being the ones jumping on you?

 

“What about mum?” Your brother asked.

 

“She can’t exactly stop it.” You shrugged and Jungkook suddenly excused himself and left the office.

 

You looked at him in confusion.

 

“He’s pissed,” Jimin said and massaged his temples at how complicated the situation had gotten.

 

“At me?”

 

“Unlikely. You did it for survival, I’m sure he understands that. But are there any compounds that would affect your bond with him?” The Alpha asked and you shook your head.

 

“Our bond is connected spiritually, I didn’t use any witchcraft ingredients to touch on the bond. It just affects me physically.”

 

“Damn kid, you’ve been through so much at your age.” Namjoon, the Beta, said which led to further confusion.

 

“The heat is a normal occurrence for any werewolves, so I didn’t actually think too much about it.”

 

“But it affected your fertility.” The Luna said softly and you raised your brows.

 

“Would you object me if I can’t bear an heir?”

 

“That’s absurd. Whether or not you can produce an heir, you’re still the true mate of Jungkook’s.” The Alpha said and you smiled.

 

“I guess the talk here is over. Can I leave to find him?” You asked and the Alpha smiled and nodded.

 

Giving him a respectful bow, you turned to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter