Chapter 6

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shifting back into your human form after going for a run with your best friends, you hid behind a tree and wore the loose shirt and lady boxer that you tied around each of your ankles before you shifted into a wolf. Both of them were giving Jungkook a silent treatment after the cat was let out of the bag, while Jina was still clueless. The three of you were heading for the packhouse when both Taehyung and yourself were laughing at Jimin who was sulking.

 

He couldn’t stop himself in time while they were racing and tripped, getting himself soaked in the river. The sweatpants that he tied around his ankle got soaked as well, so he was wet from head to toe. He was walking half-, wearing his soaked sweatpants that were dripping water from the hem with every step he took.

 

“Come on, don’t be angry. It’s not our fault that you tripped on your own feet.” You laughed and jumped on Jimin’s wet back, not caring that you were getting yourself wet too.

 

If you knew that letting your best friends know what you were going through would make your heart feel so much lighter, you would’ve done it a lot sooner. Your legs were wrapped on Jimin’s waist and your arms were around his neck, forcing him to give you a piggyback ride. Jimin groaned and put his arms below your thighs so that you wouldn't fall.

 

“Well, if you guys could have given me a heads up on the goddess damn river, I would’ve slowed myself down too! I thought I won the race when you stopped!”

 

Taehyung laughed louder.

 

“Yeah, you won alright, we give you that. With a price.”

 

A string of curses left Jimin while you patted Jimin’s bare shoulder, trying to encourage him. Your smile never falters even after you entered the packhouse while you were still teasing Jimin. Telling him to be more aware of his surroundings.

 

The moment his scent infiltrated your nose when Taehyung opened the door, you tensed and gripped harder on Jimin’s bare shoulders subconsciously. Both Jimin and Taehyung stopped at the entrance of the packhouse and the three of you were looking at a livid Jungkook who was standing at the foot of the staircase. He was glaring at Jimin’s hands on your bare thighs.

 

Well, someone’s jealous. Jimin snorted through the three-way mind link that you shared.

 

You hit his shoulder in response. “Put me down.” You whispered and Jimin did.

 

“We need to talk.” Jungkook’s eyes were on you and Jimin moved to stand in front of you, blocking you from him protectively while Taehyung moved closer to Jimin, adding another layer of protection.

 

“I don’t think she wants to talk until you clean up the mess that you’ve created.” Taehyung’s voice was low and threatening, glaring at the person he once called his best friend.

 

Jungkook scoffed and stalked towards them, “Move.” He enforced authority in his tone and both of them had no choice but to move in submission, looking at you apologetically.

 

Simply waving them off, you told them to go wash up and let Jungkook dragged you to the lounge, locking the door so that nobody comes in. Looking up at him and wanting to tell him off, you took a sharp intake of breath when he wrapped his arms around your back and pressed his lips on yours. Too stunned to comprehend, your eyes were wide as you felt him moving his lips against yours, beckoning you to respond.

 

Your wolf instantly stirred at the contact and was clawing her way out.

 

You could hear the sound of your heart beating erratically in your ears and the smacking sounds of his lips against yours. The pleasurable tingles made you lose all sense of reasoning and your arms automatically moved to his neck, pulling you closer to him as he pressed himself closer to you. Before you knew it, your legs were wrapped around his waist as you felt the wall pressed behind you. His hands were underneath your thighs, supporting your weight and the kiss got intense.

 

Full of passion and longing.

 

The strong emotions that both of you felt for each other were made known in the heat of the moment.

 

Your hands were on each side of his jawline, feeling the stubble on your skin while your hair acted as a curtain that covers both of your faces as the kiss got passionate.

 

The moment was cut short when her voice reached both of your ears, causing you to immediately pull away while your eyes were still glossed over and were looking down into his. The both of you were panting and trying to catch your breaths.

 

“Put me down.” You painfully whispered and he reluctantly did.

 

“Jungkook? Are you in here?” She knocked on the lounge door and asked.

 

You saw the unshed tears in his eyes and a look that was screaming for help. It had been quite some time since you properly had a good look at him and you finally noticed the eye bags underneath his eyes, and his cheeks were slightly sunken. He looked exhausted and your heart reached out to him.

 

Closing your eyes, you calmed your heart to face the reality that was right outside the door. Without another word, you opened it.

 

“Oh, Jaein.” She immediately looked down when she saw you.

 

“I had some things to discuss with Jungkook, I’ll see you after I wash up.” You said and walked away.

 

The moment you opened the door to the guest room that had your things, you saw Jimin and Taehyung chilling on the bed. They stared at your slightly swollen lips in suspicion as you closed the door silently, avoiding their penetrating eyes while you took out your extra clothes from the bag you brought and went to wash up.

 

“Don’t even bother trying to wiggle your way out. You guys kissed.” Jimin pulled you to the bed as soon as you left the washroom and you cleared your throat, turning your head away from them.

 

“I thought you didn’t want the entire pack to know until the time is right?” Taehyung asked with his arms crossed.

 

“I do!” You defended and your eyes widened.

 

“Well, you ain’t doing well in trying to keep it discreet. You smell like him the moment you entered the room.” Jimin frowned.

 

“I can’t help it. I’m part animal and I have little control over my wolf who only needed and wanted her mate.”

 

Jimin turned to Taehyung who narrowed his eyes at you,

 

“You didn’t enjoy it?” He suddenly asked and you were flustered.

 

Jimin choked on his saliva and went into a coughing fit.

 

“I…I…” You were speechless.

 

“I have to tend to Jina.” You took your medical bag and escaped with flushed cheeks.

 

Jina was looking at you as you did her usual medical check-up.

 

“Are you and Jimin… mates?” She suddenly asked and you froze, looking at her in shock.

 

“What?”

 

“You guys seemed… closer than friends.” She added carefully, trying her best not to offend you.

 

“We’re not.” You answered and continued working.

 

Jina’s lips twitched at how aloof you were being. Although your answer was short, it was enough of a sign for her to try and converse with you. She saw how you acted around Jimin and Taehyung the past few days and you didn’t seem like a bad person, but you were just stuck to your pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter