Jealousy

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think I know why... w-why father hates me"

It was during Christmas when the incident happened. Your mom was 5 months pregnant that time and maybe you were too young, you insisted to go to the theme park to celebrate your birthday. You had been whining the whole day to go there despite the cold weather and the fact that your brother was sick and your father was busy working even on a holiday. Your mom felt bad that you couldn't celebrate it with the family so she went with you anyway to ride the ferris wheel you loved the most.

However, it happened so that you were kidnapped while waiting for your mom in the washroom. Your memory was kinda blurry but you were certain a man came and took you away in split seconds.

The next thing you knew when you woke up was your body was tied with huge ropes on a chair. You had the memory of not being able to move your limbs at all, tied tightly and a duct tape pasted on your lips to prevent you from making any noise. It was pitch black at first but when the lights were on, you were all alone in an empty space. It looked like you were in a factory assuming it because of the huge space. You remembered you were looking for your mom and when you found a room nearby, you started to tremble in fear when you saw blood flowing from beneath the door of the metal room.

"They asked for money and cut my neck" you pointed on your neck while sem's eyes fixated on the deep scar. "At that time, I had no idea mom was actually dying. She was in that room. They kill-" you heaved a deep sigh. It was not easy to talk about that incident again. Sweats were forming on your temples and you bit your lower lip. You swallowed hard, eyes fixated at sem's, "They opened the door a-and I saw mom was drenched in blood..." 

"Babe, it's okay..." he pulled you in his arms when he saw how you got really terrified and uncomfortable to talk about the traumatizing past. But he was relieved that you finally opened up to him.

"From then onwards, we no longer celebrate my birthday or even Christmas. We have to visit mom"

"Babe, you have to know no one wanted this to happen. It's not your fault, alright?" sem cupped your face close to him, rubbing your tears away using his thumb.

"It was my fault, sem. I caused father to lost his wife and also a baby in her. Yuta oppa would have had another sister if-"

"Don't blame yourself, babe. Hmm?" he raised his brows when you squeezed your eyes tightly, choking back the tears.

 

 

It seemed like you ruined the mood so both of you headed back to the hotel after that. Sem said you could bath first so you did but found him not in the room after that. 

You wore a plain white oversized t and a pair of grey coloured sweatpants. You were drying your hair, rubbing it with the small towel when a box placed neatly on the surface of the bed caught your eyes. 

It was a present, you suppose, in cherry pink coloured box with a huge bow tied on top of the box cover. A smile spreaded across your lips the moment you recognised his writing on a card slipped in under the bow. 

 

It was written:

 

 

Babe, I might not be able to solve your problems but I can lend you my ears.

Don't cry too much okay? You have to remember that you still have me.

Love you, my Akira

 

From, Jaehyun sem

 

 

You were grinning from ear to ear while gazing at that card. Slumping down on the bed, you brought the card close to your heart. You really really like sem... When he emphasized, 'my Akira', your heart fluttered crazily against your chest. You just couldn't describe the feeling you were having. Probably you were over the moon? You weren't sure. For the first time ever in your life, someone said that he can listen to your problems and that you can lean on him.

To be honest, you felt much better now after telling him the hurtful past that was engraved deep in your heart. It was like heavy weight lifted off your shoulders. Although at first, you were a little worried if he wouldn't listen to you as questions and questions piling up in your mind. What if he grows distant after listening to your story? But at least for now, you knew you could trust him and that you were feeling a little sorry for ruining his mood.

Brushing those thoughts away, you placed the huge box on your lap. You then untied the ribbon and opened the cover. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter