Revenge?

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah-h, yes Akira" it seemed like sem's heart skipped a beat when you entered like this, unexpectedly.

"Can I submit the English project tomorrow? Something happened and I am still working on it" you tried explaining, looking at sem nervously, pressing your palms against your stomach to appear formal. You bit your lower lip, afraid he wouldn't give you extra time to work on it. Sem immediately softened when you were this honest. He knew what exactly happened to your work. He nodded slowly while looking at you. Weight has been lifted off his shoulders when you appeared healthy again with your pinkish cheeks. Although the faint watercolour stains were still there on your uniform, but you were back to your normal self, with pretty star-like eyes behind your spectacles, small red lips and your long and straight hair was tied into a ponytail.

You gave him your eye-smile when he gave the green light, allowing you to submit your work tomorrow. You bowed at him, wanted to open the door to leave the room but halted when you were reminded of something. You turned back, caught sem was still staring at you.

You rummaged your bag, took out a peach flavoured milk drink and placed it on his table.

"Thanks for yesterday, sem" you bowed 90 degrees, formally at him. "Take care"

After that, you quickly leave his office, heaving a sigh of relief. Cutting contact and showing gratitude are two different things, you kept reminding yourself about this. No matter how much you wanted to push sem away, you couldn't deny the fact he helped you all this while and the least you could do was to utter the word, 'thanks'.

 

 

You were deciding what pictures you should use for the project since you redo it yesterday night at home. You had to admit it took such a long time for you to calm the hell down and not think about the past at home.

Brushing it off, you scrolled down the pictures in your gallery using your thumb, scrutinising to check which pictures you should be using for your project when you stumbled upon pictures of Jung sem's back that you took during camping. You were just staring at it blankly, blinking slowly. For the first time, you felt like really crying on the spot. Why does parting hurts so much?

All of a sudden, someone took your handphone from your grasp that your head shot up. Ughh Sunhwa again. She was looking at the picture and then a smirk escaped her lips.

"Wait...who is this?" she asked, referring to the picture of sem's back (the one you took when you slept next to him in the tent). She held your handphone high that you couldn't reach it even if you tiptoed to get your phone back. Your brows were knitted, teeth clenching, trying hard to retrieve your handphone back.

"Give back my handphone" you said, loud enough for her to hear you. Your voice was soft as compared to her but you tried sounding stern this time. Your knuckles turned pearl white when Sunhwa and her group of friends bursted into laughter instead.

"See, she just raised her voice at us." she was just ridiculing you with her group of friends. However, Sunhwa managed to grab the class attention that everyone stopped doing what they were doing and turned their attentions to you and Sunhwa. "Just like the first time you entered our class, remember?"

She wanted to talk about the past at how you snapped back at her when she mocked your mother being a Japanese. Ahh... So Sunhwa held grudges and now she was trying to make another scene seeming like she won in a conversation infront of her classmates.

"Give me back my phone!" you said once again but she scorned at you. 

"Yah!" she snapped. "People like you should ask politely. Who do you think you are? Stop acting weak. Who do you think you are, always have Jung sem backing you up?" she was infuriated by how Jung sem always save you from trouble.

Nonsensical. She was making no sense, dragging this and that into the conversation you detested. Keep that jealousy to yourself, Sunhwa. You heaved a deep sigh and held your hand out, demanding her to give you back your handphone with your brows furrowed, fuming. 

Instead of giving you back, she marched forward, come face to face with you and pushed you slightly using her forefinger pressing against your right shoulder. 

"Yah! Stop acting weak" she gritted her teeth, determined to ridicule you again. 

"I just want my phone back" you remained your composure but Sunhwa was about to lose it. One of the reasons she was trying to bully you again was because apparently Jung sem reported about the case yesterday (the class prank) to the discipline teacher who happened to be her uncle so she was lectured because of her actions. She wanted to win this time, having the entire class to witness you losing and that was going to be her achievement. 

"You are such an eyesore-" Sunhwa was continuing in mocking you that the class started to jeer and sneer at you but you were too focused on the phone, trying to take it from her hold. As she was standing very near to the window, she accidentally released your phone when you tried taking it but it dropped out of the window. Breathing heavily, hands turned sweaty when you pushed her away from the window and

 

 

THUD...

 

 

Your heart sank when you saw your precious handphone fell onto the ground from the third floor of the school building. It was broken... Completely broken... 

Thousands of pictures were in your phone. Pictures of your father, Yuta and sem... They were all in your gallery. Those memories you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter