Comfort

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Akira" he called once but there was no response from you. 

"Akira... " he called again after a few minutes with a softer tone. 

That was when you heard the familiar, soothing baritone voice ringing in your ears. You opened your eyes slowly, staring at the door only to realize someone was standing right outside of the door. You could feel his presence, a reassuring figure. 

Sem? Sem is here? You swallowed hard, removing your hands away from blocking your ears. At that moment, you knew you needed to see him but you had to refrain yourself...

"Akira, are you okay?" he asked. He knew he was dealing with a difficult student who is emotionally unstable. He needed to know what exactly happened to you earlier that caused to be this traumatized to even locked yourself in the washroom stall.

You refused to answer, staring at the door blankly. You wanted to unlock the door right now but you knew you shouldn't because once you do, you might hug sem and that was not what you wanted.

"Are you not going to talk to me?" he asked. Patience, he needed patience to talk to you slowly. "Do you want me to call Yuta?"

At the mention of your brother, you nodded slowly. In a way you were still shaking, too overwhelmed with the situation.

"Hmm?" he hummed. It took more than 10 minutes for you to finally reply sem.

"N-ne, sem" you replied meekly, voice shaking and Jaehyun closed his eyes, sighing in relief. You finally answered him that it took you forever. He really thought you fainted or something.

"Can you open the door?" he asked but you shook your head, biting your fingernail. You were hesitating, reluctant to show yourself to him. You looked like an utter crap. There were bloods everywhere on your uniform. How could you show yourself like this to him?

"Babe, open the door please" he pleaded, pressing his forehead against the door. He was really worried about you. You didn't reply anything, sitting on the toilet cover while staring at sem's shoes below the door. 

"Babe, I'll call Yuta now" he spoke softly that you reached a hand nearer to the lock and unlocked it.

Sighing in relief, Jaehyun knew he should act slow to calm you down so he opened the door slowly and kneeled down, pressing a knee on the white tiles to reach your level.

There was a lump in his throat the moment he came face to face to you. You were in a complete mess, your hair that was tied in a ponytail was wet, your face had paint stains and even your school uniform was painted with faint red coloured stains. His eyes slowly averted to the pile of papers you were hugging tightly against your chest, the paper was crumpled and wet. This exact image of you, weak and vulnerable broke his soul apart.

When sem studied your face, you kept your head down, no... Sem shouldn't look at you in this state. You pouted, pulled your knees tighter against your chest. Insecurities kicking in that you couldn't look at him in the eye. Unknowingly, you brought your hand closer to your lips, biting your fingernail again but this time, sem grabbed your hand, checking your finger.

"Do you know your fingernail is bleeding?" he asked, voice soft as ever and his eyes displayed concern, sincerity and sympathy that you decided to trust those eyes of his. However, you had no idea when it started to bleed so you stared at your thumb and shook your head. He then pressed your thumb against his lips, giving a light kiss and turned to look at you. You withdrew your hand from his grasp, fidgeting with your fingers. Sem shouldn't kiss you... 

As he wanted to caress your hair, he was reminded of how you pushed him away earlier so he withdrew his hand, aware and cautious of his own actions towards you. To be honest, he was slightly hurted by what you said so he was more aware of what he is doing now to prevent you from avoiding him again.

"Akira, do you want to go out now?" he asked but you shook your head, keeping your head low. "Then, how about-" 

"Can I call oppa?" you asked, staring at him. He nodded, fishing his phone out from his pocket and then handed it to you. He saw you desperately pressing on the button and then put his handphone next to your ear, waiting for your brother to pick up. A disappointed expression plastered on your face when Yuta didn't pick up his phone. You shook your head at sem after three times attempting to call your brother, giving him back the handphone. 

"What happened earlier?" sem finally asked, staring at you, giving you the time to answer. You shook your head, avoiding his eyes because you were reluctant to talk about it. 

It seemed like sem couldn't control his tears when he saw you being weak yet he couldn't comfort you so a tear dropped from his eye while staring at you. So you chose to bottle up your feelings in the end...

"Why are you crying, sem?" you asked when he looked all dejected, studying your face while blinking slowly, holding in his tears. "Don't cry, sem" you commented and gave him the warmest eye-smile to comfort sem.

"Do you want to see Yuta?" he asked but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter