Uncertainty

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your hands were trembling when he walked into the room that he disappeared from sight after he walked towards your study table situated next to the wardrobe. You moved closer to the other side of the wardrobe door, afraid he would open it. Sweats formed on the sides of your face when he suddenly reappeared and now standing infront of the wardrobe, blocking everything you were seeing. You pressed your phone closer to your chest, tried to stay calm. What if he has a weapon with him? You swallowed hard, tried to think of the possible way to get out of here. You wanted to call someone or text them but this man pressed his back against the wardrobe. You heard him talking now. He's not alone? There's more people broke into the house? You couldn't hear clearly of what they were talking about since he blocked everything. 

It lasted for a few minutes that you wanted to cry right now but you held it in. After he moved away, like finally, you slowly took out your phone and texted Yuta. Yuta didn't even reply or read so you texted father but knowing that he sometimes had duty at night, he wouldn't reply too. At times like this, you swore to god if you know someone who could save you right at the moment and Ppooff! Jung sem just popped in your mind. But you don't have his number... You checked your contacts and scrolled down just to find that you did have his number. But since when?

Brushing it off since it was not your priority, you texted sem right away. 

"Sem, I'm scared... Where are you?" he called you right after you texted but you ended the call so that it wouldn't leave any sound in your room. He replied you immediately after that. 

"On my way back home. Why, Akira? Are you okay?"

"Sem, I think someone broke into my house and I'm alone" 

"Akira, have you called the police? Where are you?" when sem sounded worried, you felt relieved... and glad that at least there's someone who tried to calm you down.

"No. I haven't call the police. I am hiding in the wardrobe of my room" 

 

Sem listed down what you should do next and told you to stay calm. While on the other side, Jaehyun sped up his car and headed straight to your place. He too, contacted the police and explained your situation. He tried to call Yuta but he was unreachable at the moment so he gave up. Besides getting worried because you were his friend's sister, he wanted to save you and he was worried and anxious if something might happen to you. He didn't want any of that.

Once he reached, he didn't even park his car correctly at the parking space and barged into your house right away. Waiting for the police was a waste of time, that was what he thought because they were always a minute late while your life is in the line. Knowing that the house was facing a blackout, he didn't even care. He didn't know why he would be this worried, either because you were his friend's sister, his student or because of something he had yet to find out. 

He headed upstairs, saw two men in black mask, covering themselves all in black attires. Jaehyun marched forward although they were holding a knife. Jaehyun kicked one of the man's right shin that he knelt due to the strong impact. When another man marched towards Jaehyun with a knife pointed at him, Jaehyun grabbed his wrist abruptly that he dropped the knife. Jaehyun then used his elbow and hit the man's throat. When Jaehyun tried to tie this man down to restrain him from moving, the man who knelt attacked Jaehyun from the back. Jaehyun on reflex grabbed his arm and did an over shoulder throw that this man slipped and fell on his . However, the man succeeded in leaving a cut on the back of Jaehyun's hand. Jaehyun who had a black belt in Taekwondo didn't react much on the wound but successful in tying the both of them down.

Jaehyun strode towards your room and opened the wardrobe door. Once he opened, he came face to face with you, your eyes were widened, still trembling in fear and body was filled with sweats. 

"Sem..." you called and leaned forward abruptly to wrap your arms around his neck. "You're late...I was waiting for you" you buried your face in his chest. 

"I'm sorry" he muttered and lifted you up, realizing that your knees were weakened. He pulled away to check your face, he was taking his time to study every little details that your cheeks started to turn pinkish. He was just cupping your face that you grasped on his shirt tightly, heart pounded faster.

 

 

The men were interrogated by the police while you and Jaehyun were sitting on the other side. Unknowingly, you had been holding Jung sem's hand, squeezing it when you stared at the perpetrator. A man was staring at your body, his lip that you grimaced.

"Thank god, you're early. They stole all of your and bras. If you're late, they would've this girl" the police indicated that they were erts. They even cut your house electricity knowing that you lived alone.

"May I know your relationship with this girl?" the police asked that you got curious of what Jung sem was going to reply. You turned to stare at sem and then he too turned to look at you.

"Guardian" he replied, squeezing your hand to assure you that you will be fine under his care.

 

After the interrogation, Jung sem was told to take care of you by the police. You called dad and able to reach him like finally but he didn't sound surprise. You pouted, wondered if he really cared about you. Yuta on the other side switched off his phone because he was studying for exam the next day. Jung sem then brought you back home.

"Do you think you can stay here for the night?" sem asked that you cocked your head up, meeting his eyes. No, you didn't want to be alone tonight but you didn't want to cause him t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter