Tears

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sem came late at night again so you stayed in your room. All this while, you knew that Jung sem came every night and look at the window of your room at the first floor from the view of the porch. He would rest his back against the car's door, cross his arms against his chest and look up at your room till you switch off the lights.

You knew it when his car engine approaching, too familiar to the sound so you would run upstairs and stay in your room. You sat next to the window so that you would be able to peek over and steal a glance at sem.

You exceptionally desired to switch off the lights later than usual today so you took your own sweet time to stare at him. Sem was just wearing casual, a plain white t-shirt and a pair of pyjama pants with tartan pattern. Even his hair suited the mood, tousled and messy but it looked too good on him.  Fluffy and soft. Sometimes you question if he was just a college student. 

Although it was already dark outside, his face was glowing and you missed seeing his dimples when he smiles. Ahh... It's been a long time since you see him smiling at you with those mochi cheeks of his... 

You switched off the lights now and ran to sit near the window, rested your chin on the back of your hand that you placed near the window sill. He should leave by now... You didn't want him to leave too late because he would be driving alone back home and you were worried. 

You wondered if he knew what happened to you today and how would he react to it. He must have had a different impression on you now... A girl who involved in fights. 

You fished out your phone from the pocket of the sweatpants, staring at it. The screen was indeed broken now and you weren't sure if you could retrieve the pictures from the gallery. Just when luck will be on your side? And the surprising thing was that no one can call you now. Not even Yuta.

After sem left, you pouted. Parting is really difficult. You saw him opening his car's door while still fixated his eyes at your window to check if you really switched off the lights. He then his engine, waited for a few minutes before driving away.

What if you are an adult now? Will things be different? Will Yuta accept you as his best friend's girlfriend? Will father still ignore you? You heaved a deep sigh at the thought of your father. The fact that he slapped you today, the side of your left face was still swollen, a little red and numb, knowing that your father is a Taekwondo instructor meant he was really really strong when he landed a slap on your face. You had been questioning yourself if you were really at fault. You did pull her hair and fought with Sunhwa but when father chose not to listen to you, you were really disappointed in yourself. Are your explanations not worth to listen to?

 

 

You tried not focusing on anything else, doing the project by burning the midnight oil but this time with no pictures attached since it was all gone. Hmmphh... A deep sigh escaped your lips.

It didn't change the fact you were still stunned over how father treated you and when you thought about it, you realized that you were really afraid of him.

You chewed on your lower lip once you reached school the next day, keeping your head down and tried the hardest not to get into trouble today. You grasped tightly on your school backpack strap, sauntered along the corridor and finally reached your class. The first thing you saw was Sunhwa, she was chatting with her friends happily as if nothing happened yesterday. Yet you faced t...

You slumped in your seat, sighing in relief because days were going back to normal. You hoped so much Sunhwa wouldn't bully you today. You were not ready to meet your furious father.

Things were okay not until during recess when you came back to class after visiting the washroom. You found your smeared dream list was pasted on the whiteboard at the front of the class that you stomped your feet towards the front and took the paper away.

Your jaws clenched, hands balled into fists with your knuckles turned pearl white when you turned around and faced your classmates who bursted into laughter. It was supposed to be a secret... Your dream list is a secret. You grapsed on the paper tightly, crumpled it and glared at them with your nostrils flaring. Just what the hell with this class? Do they hate you that much? Why are they doing this?

Inferiority complex kicking in when they laughed even harder, loud noises blasted your ears, echoing in the class. Why are they laughing? What is so funny to laugh about? Blinking effortlessly at them that your breathing turned unsteady and sweats started to form on your temples so you strode back to your seat, keeping your head low.

"Choi Akira" a familiar voice called that you lifted your head up slowly from your seat just to meet the discipline teacher stood right infront of your place.

"Take out your bag" he instructed that your eyes turned wide, questioning why the teacher is here. You turned to the side, realized that the noisy class turned into an utter silence, all paying their attentions at you with Sunhwa standing very near to your place, crossing her arms against her chest with a smirk plastered on her face.

You bent, lifted your backpack up and placed in on the table. You were sweating hard right now that you started to rub the back of your neck. What is happening? Since Jung sem's class was right after this, he marched into class with his eye brows furrowed.

"Why?" sem's deep and hoarse voice echoed the entire class when he came in, joining the discipline teacher and stood next to him. Both of them were infront of your place now when Mr Jeon took out a packet of cigarettes from one of the compartments of your school backpack.

You straightened up instantly, eyes turned wide, almost bulging out with your lips parted. You were staring at sem and your lips turned dry. Since when do you have a packet of cigarettes in your bag? 

"Akira, follow me to the discipline room" Mr Jeon said sternly that you didn't feel good about this, you grasped on your skirt, chewing your lower lip and stood up slowly from your seat.

"Akira, is this yours?" sem asked, cocked his head towards the packet whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter