Frustration

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He grabbed your hand, squeezing it to reassure you that it was fine to keep crying and went back to your house. Tears still streaming down on your face when he reached your room. It seemed like you couldn't stop crying so he scooped you up in his arms, calming you down. He patted on your back, caressed it as if he was babying you until you finally stopped sobbing. 

Jaehyun placed you to sit on his lap while he sat on the edge of your bed. He was studying your face up closely, tucking a strand of your hair to the back of your ear but you were avoiding his eyes, puffy eyes fixated on your lap while fidgeting with the hem of your school blouse.

"Are you feeling better now?" he asked after a while that you turned to look at him, the numbness was still there after shedding tears. 

"Those cigarettes are not mine" you told him, defending yourself. Sem only nodded much to your surprise and giving you the warmest smile, showing his mochi dimples and somehow you questioned his sincerity that you started to pout. It took less than a minute for sem to believe you. How come father didn't even believe you at all? You wrapped your arms around his neck, burying your face in the crook of his neck.

"Do you believe me, sem?" you asked. 

"Of course, babe" he caressed your hair lovingly, gently soothed your soul. The way he treated you showed how much he cared for you and you found genuineness in his tone that you wanted to trust him for believing in you. He was not even a part of your family member to begin with.

"Thanks sem for believing in me" you muttered and unconsciously you planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

Your eyes turned wide instantly, placing your palms against your lips, covering it. Did you just kiss sem? It was unplanned?! Astonished with yourself that you hiccupped because you were bashful. One of sem's eye brows lifted, questioning your action and slowly the tips of his ears turned red. He found THAT really cute.

Your cheeks started to burn so you shifted closer and buried your face in the crook of his neck, hiding your flushing cheeks from him not knowing sem was also flustered since it was such a long time you didn't hug or kiss him back and treat him with love and affection. A smirk escaped his lips, started to get excited over to see you being the innocent and naive Akira again, hence he hugged you tighter in his arms, rocking you and inhaling your scent.

He didn't know you were this clingy when you didn't move like that for more than half an hour, too comfortable to sit on sem's lap and being in his arms. You were fiddling with your fingers at sem's back while resting your chin on his shoulder. Sem on the other side, playing with your hair with that long and slender finger of his. 

"Babe, we should pack our stuffs" he mentioned that you turned to the side to look at him. 

"W-where are we going?" you mumbled in his shoulder, blinking at him.

"Somewhere far" he replied, slowly turning to you that you realized his face was an inch close so you straightened up and wanted to move away but he tightened his grip around your waist.

"Do you have a destination in mind?" he asked but you were just thinking with your lips parted. All this while, you spent your whole life at home so you didn't really think about going out before. Seeing you thinking hard, he knew you probably must be blank right now after using up all your energy in weeping.

"It's okay. I'll decide then. Before that, babe I'm sorry that I'm late because I went to take this earlier" referring to the time he came right after your father left and then he handed you back your dream list that was supposed to be with the discipline teacher. You quickly took the paper from his grasp and hid it behind you, feeling your cheeks getting hot. It seemed like the whole world knew about your dream list now, they must be laughing at you for being ridiculous.

"You don't have to hide this. I knew about it a long time ago" 

"When? How?" you questioned him with your eyes widened and lips parted but sem shifted closer and whispered next to you.

"Do you think kissing your boyfriend ten times a day is enough? I need more than that" he casually spoke, making the hair on the back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter