Staring at him

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was back to his usual self, cold and distant when you saw him the next day during class. And he acted like he didn't know you... To be honest, you still preferred the fluffy Jung sem. You wondered if you were the only one who knew about the different side of him. 

After a few days eating in the class, you finally had the urge to go to the cafeteria to have breakfast today. You heard they sell high quality foods. Smiling to yourself when you heard your stomach growling, asking you to feed them. You sauntered your way to the cafeteria for the first time, realising how clean and huge it was. White was painted on the walls, tables and benches aligned neatly just infront of a stall, selling foods according to the menu of the day. They had japchae and chicken ginseng soup as the main today. You grabbed the stainless steel lunchbox and queued in line while waiting to be served. It was nice to see how other students talked to one another, chatting and laughing. Just when you will be able to have friends like them too?

Once you got the food, you sat at a place at the far end where no one was there. It was better to stay away from everyone, that was what you thought. As you started to dig in the japchae with the rice, there came Sunhwa and her group of mean girls occupying the seats surrounding you while Sunhwa sat across you.

"Didn't you know this is my place?" Sunhwa's tongue poked to the inside of her cheek, glaring at you. You stopped chewing the japchae, cocked your head up to meet her eyes. Just let me eat peacefully here... You gazed down at your food, you have just started eating and you didn't want to waste it. But you didn't want to cause trouble as well. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know" you replied, forcing a smile at her and stood immediately. You just needed to bring your food somewhere else. When you moved away from the bench while holding the stainless steel containing your food, a girl after exchanged glances with Sunhwa, put her foot to make you trip over. And unfortunately she succeeded...

You slipped and fell with your back and  hitting the ground, the food fell over your front but that was not only it. The hot ginseng chicken soup poured all over your right arm. You grimaced, felt the heat burning on your skin. Everyone turned their attentions to you, eyes were full of concerns but no one came to help you. You cocked your head up with your lips parted, breathing heavily, glancing at the group of girls but they were laughing instead. Not a slight of guilt they felt. You felt a lump in your throat. Why are they treating you like this? 

Thoughts clouded your mind as students just walked away when they saw you and even mocked at you. You wanted to get away from the scene but the pain was unbearable, mentally and physically. Thank god the soup was not scorching hot. Sighing, you really wanted to go home right now. 

Just then, students, one by one cleared their way when the familiar leather shoe heels tapped on the marble floor, echoing in the entire cafeteria. Everyone stopped talking and turned their attentions towards Jung sem who was making his way to you. He was once again emitting the terrifying aura when he glared at the group of girls. 

You were still sitting on the floor when he reached his hand out for you to hold it. He came to save you? Your eyes were widened in disbelief with your lips parted. Staring at his hand for a moment before you held his warm and bigger hand. He helped you to get up and brought you to the nurse room. 

"Do you have extra clothes?" sem asked when he saw the food stains on your white uniform but you were so out of it, couldn't accept how bad those students were towards you. You took about 30 seconds to shake your head at him. This was the only set of uniform you have... It was brand new but now that it became like this, how are you supposed to tell your father? 

Maybe luck was just not with you today. The nurse was on sick leave. So Jung sem had no choice but to bring you to his office. He took out his first aid kit when you were still standing near his door. He gestured you to sit on the chair and then he knelt infront of you with a knee pressed on the floor. You were staring at his hair now, it was silky, gelled when last night it was very fluffy and soft. He cocked his head up and caught you staring at him so you looked away immediately, avoiding his gaze. In a way he looked scary now just by frowning, emanating the vibe just like how he did in the class when teaching. 

He grabbed your hand slowly that you were cautious with his touch and about to withdraw your hand but he gripped on it tighter. You gazed down and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter