Last Song

Path to Your Dreams

Friday Night, Week 1

Noraebang.

"I GOT YOOOUUUUU UNDER MY SKIN!"

"NEON NAREUL WONHAE!"

"WONHAE!"

Drunken screeching filled the air as TVXQ's Mirotic blasted through the room.

Nearly everyone was up and out of their seats yelling the fanchants as Bomi and Eunkwang sang with way too much enthusiasm.

"Changsub-ah Changsub-ah do the thing it's coming it's coming!!" Eunkwang said shoving the mic into Changsub's hands.

Changsub took the mic and yelled loudly to prepare his voice. They always made him do the Changmin scream. This was his part. He was ready.

Changsub took a deep breath.

"YEAHHHH~~~~ WOAH!"

His voice cracked horribly at the last note and the room collapsed into laughter and cheers.

He came up gasping for air looking red in the face. He noticed Chorong laughing with the other girls and felt his face burn. He couldn't believe he was being such a weirdo in front of somebody he just met this week.

Changsub handed the mic back to Eunkwang and downed another shot of soju. Maybe the alcohol was doing things to him. 

After a few more songs the rest of the room was still going strong but Changsub was starting to feel worn out. He took a seat to rest for a second and looked around. Chorong was missing.

"Weird…where'd she go?"  He thought.

Changsub got up.

"Hey guys I'll be back I need to pee."

"Okay, just make it back before the last song!" Hyunsik said.

Changsub left the room to go look for the restroom.

When he came out of the restroom he saw Chorong leaning against the wall scrolling on her phone.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

Chorong looked up startled.

"Oh, it was just getting a bit hot in there I needed to breathe." She said putting her phone away.

Changsub nodded.

"Yeah Eunkwang hyung is a lot of fun but sometimes it's hard to keep up."

"You went pretty crazy yourself." Chorong said.

Changsub laughed looking down at his feet.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that. I'm not usually like that around new people."

"No it's okay it was pretty funny."

They both laughed.

"It's a bit weird isn't it?" Changsub said.

"What?" Chorong asked.

"All of our friends know each other but somehow I didn't meet you until recently."

"Oh….yeah, I mean I was studying in China last year so I missed a lot."

"Ah that's right Eunkwang mentioned something about that."

"Seems like the girls got close with you guys while I was away." Chorong said.

Changsub chuckled.

"Your friends are pretty wild."

"Oh my gosh tell me about it." Chorong said.

They stood in comfortable silence for a moment until Changsub spoke again.

"Hey what's your kakao?" He asked pulling out his phone.

"Oh, here." Chorong took out her phone and pulled up her QR code.

Changsub scanned it.

"Thanks." He smiled at Chorong. "I think we'll be seeing a lot of each other this semester."

"Yeah." Chorong smiled back.

Just then Chorong's phone vibrated.

"We should head back, Bomi's asking where we went." Chorong said.

"Oh right." Changsub agreed.

They followed the hallway back towards the room. As they approached they spotted Bomi sticking her head out the door looking up and down the hall.

"Aigoo where the heck were you guys? Hurry we have 4 minutes left!" Bomi said pulling them inside.

"Alrighhht last song what should we sing?" Eunkwang said.

"Cho Yong Pil! Cho Yong Pil!" The girls chanted.

"Okay!! Cho Yong Pil it is!" Eunkwang punched in the numbers for Cho Yong Pil's Let's Go Travel

Everyone cheered as Eunkwang and Eunji started to sing while Namjoo and Hayoung wildly rocked out with imaginary air guitars. Ilhoon pulled a protesting Naeun out of her seat to the front of the room to dance. Even Hyunsik who had been relatively chill the whole night was whooping and pumping his fist.

"Wooo!! Come on unnie let's dance too!" Bomi said dragging Chorong away from the door.

Changsub stayed near the back watching the chaos unfold around him with amusement until Eunkwang came out of nowhere and shoved the mic in his face. 

"To hell with it."  Changsub thought as he grabbed the mic and screamed "ROCK AND ROLLLL!!!" before joining the fray.

----

Eventually the song came to an end and the energy started to wind down. 

"Hey make sure you got all your stuff I'm not driving back here if you forget something." Eunji said to the girls as they picked up their belongings.

Eunkwang was swaying slightly as he looked around for his phone. 

"Hyunsik I think you'd better drive today, Eunkwang looks wasted." Changsub said catching Eunkwang by the arm. 

"Sure." Hyunsik said. 

Eunkwang sluggishly dug in his pocket and fished out his keys which he tossed to Hyunsik. 

"Oppa your phone." Bomi said holding out Eunkwang's phone. "I knew you were going to lose it." 

"You're the best Bomi-ya~~" Eunkwang cooed blowing her a kiss.

"Definitely wasted." Changsub muttered under his breath. 

"Totally." Hyunsik laughed. 

When everyone finished finding their things the group meandered up to the front to pay.

"How are we doing this? I don't think they're going to like splitting 10 ways." Namjoo said.

"I got it." Ilhoon said whipping out his credit card with a wink. 

The girls let out a collective "Oohh" and began to slow clap.

Hyunsik shook his head with a chuckle.

"That little ." 

Changsub nodded in agreement. He turned to the girls. 

"You all good getting back to school?"

The girls glanced nervously at Eunji.

"What?" Eunji said looking offended. 

"We are NOT putting 4 people in that back seat again." Bomi said crossing her arms. 

"We have space in our car, wanna come with us?" Hyunsik asked. "You can make sure Eunkwang hyung doesn't throw up on the way." 

Bomi considered for a moment then sighed. 

"Okay. Chorong unnie you come with me then." She said. 

"Aigoo...fine then leave us for your crazy drunk boyfriend." Eunji joked. "We'll be heading out then. See ya around!" 

"Have a good night girls!" Ilhoon said. 

"Thanks Ilhoon oppa!" Hayoung and Namjoo said. They nudged Naeun who only shook her head, mumbled something and looked flustered. 

The girls followed Eunji back to the car leaving Bomi, Chorong and the boys. 

"Well I better be going soon, I've got a gig at the club down the street in a few minutes." Ilhoon said checking his phone.

"Let me know if you need anything." Said Hyunsik, giving Ilhoon a bro hug. 

"Sure hyung." Ilhoon said. He turned to Changsub.

"It was good to see you too Changsubie hyung, good luck getting him home." He nodded to Eunkwang.

"Aish get out of here already you crazy kid." Changsub said with a laugh. 

"Okay okay, good night everyone." Ilhoon waved one last time then started walking down the street to the club. 

They watched him leave then Hyunsik spoke.

"Alright let's hit the road." 

Bomi and Chorong followed Hyunsik as he led the way to the car. Changsub went behind them doing his best to keep Eunkwang on his feet.

"Jesus hyung you were jumping around just 10 minutes ago what the hell…" Changsub said as Eunkwang struggled to keep his eyes open.

"I'm sorry man I'm just so….sleepy…" He yawned.

Hyunsik unlocked the car and held the door open while Changsub got Eunkwang situated in the back seat. Bomi got in the middle seat followed by Chorong.

"Oppa…seriously you went overboard again." Bomi said as she fussed over Eunkwang who was fumbling with his seatbelt.

"Here I'll do it." Bomi said taking it from him.

Changsub went around the car and got in the shotgun seat next to Hyunsik.

"You think he'll sober up enough to fool security when we get back to the dorms?" He asked as Hyunsik started the car.

"Haha fat chance." Hyunsik said.

With all their energy spent they didn't say much during the drive. Soon Eunkwang was passed out on Bomi's shoulder and Chorong was staring sleepily out the window.

Changsub yawned in the front seat. It had been a bit of a crazy night. Through the side mirror he caught a glimpse of Chorong nodding off in the back. Without thinking he smiled to himself. 

He wasn't sure what it was but there was something about her...

---------

A/N Phewww longer chapter this time. Did I say chaos or did I say chaos??? Ilhoon really is a little he's so annoying bless him and all his Balenciaga. 

Anyways Changrong is starting to click a little bit more who's excited I'm excited ahhh! I have some edited pictures coming lol...Everyone's been using all the legit Changrong pics from Gone and I don't want to keep using the same ones so I hope y'all aren't too uncomfortable with delusional edits OTL. What am I talking about you're reading fanfics of course we're all delusional here :) 

Song choices inspired by the following scenes:

BTOB Mirotic Cover

Apink Showtime Karaoke