Hatching Plans

Path to Your Dreams

Tuesday Evening, Week 13

Boys Dorm

The end of the semester was drawing close with only a few weeks of classes left. Due dates for projects and presentations were coming up and soon after that it would be time for exams. The boys had been admittedly having a bit too much fun, but now they could no longer put off their work. 

Eunkwang had come over to Changsub and Hyunsik's room and the three were pouring over their laptops as they worked on their music projects.

"Hyunsik-ah, help me fix the reverb here it still sounds funny." Eunkwang said as he frowned at his screen.

"Lemme see." Hyunsik said.

Eunkwang took off his headphones and handed them to Hyunsik. Hyunsik put them on and listened to the section a few times then quickly made a few fixes.

"There." He said as he handed the headphones back to Eunkwang.

"Wahhh you're a genius Hyunsik-ah." Eunkwang said giving Hyunsik puppy eyes.

Changsub sighed and wearily took a gulp of his energy drink. It wasn't even that late yet but his brain was already starting to feel bogged down. Somehow the screen-time spent doing assignments seemed to affect him much more than screen-time spent playing video games.

He blinked a few times then looked back at his computer.

The boys worked in silence for another few minutes until Eunkwang's phone started popping with messages.

Changsub and Hyunsik both looked up but Eunkwang seemed not to be able to hear with his headphones on.

"Hyung, your phone is going off." Changsub said, waving a hand in front of Eunkwang's face.

"Huh?" Eunkwang pulled off his headphones.

He checked his phone then his eyes widened.

"."

"What is it?" Changsub asked.

Eunkwang looked up with a serious expression.

"Yah…my other friend Youngjae just said their wing of the dorm is getting searched for contrabands."

The three boys looked at each other, then they all glanced nervously at the closet where Changsub and Hyunsik had been hiding their alcohol.

"What are you guys going to do?" Eunkwang asked frantically.

Changsub put a finger to his lips.

"Shh we disguised the booze inside water bottles after the business majors got caught last time." He whispered.

"Hyung what about your room do you need to go hide anything?" Hyunsik asked.

Eunkwang shook his head.

"I got nothing."

"Then we should be good right?" Changsub asked.

"I think so…but lemme just text Youngjae again." Eunkwang said as he typed furiously on his phone.

A second later he looked up again.

"Youngjae says dump it. They're checking everything."

"Damnit, they were never this strict before." Changsub cursed as he bolted up from his bed and ran to the closet with Hyunsik close behind.

The two boys carried the plastic bottles of disguised liquor to the bathroom as Eunkwang went to keep watch at the front door of the dorm.

"Aish…this man this wasn't cheap." Changsub said with a pained look on his face as they began to empty the bottles into the toilet. 

Eunkwang popped his head through the bathroom door.

"Yah hurry up they're only a few doors down now!" He hissed before disappearing again.

Changsub and Hyunsik both cursed and rushed to finish flushing down the booze and rinsing out the empty water bottles in the bathtub.

Eunkwang came back into the bathroom carrying a trash bag.

"Here put the bottles in this we'll tell them we were collecting water bottles for recycling. They'll never know." He said.

They shoved the bottles into the trash bag then tied it up and shoved it into the closet.

"What do we do now?" Hyunsik asked.

"Cross your fingers and act as natural as possible." Eunkwang said.

The boys had barely made it back to their computers when there was a knock at the door.

15 minutes later the three were sitting in the common area with the rest of the boys from their wing waiting for the RA's to finish searching their dorms.

Changsub tapped his foot nervously on the floor.

"This won't do, I can't survive in the dorms like this anymore." He said.

"What should we do then?" Hyunsik asked.

The boys thought for a moment then Eunkwang spoke.

"I think we should move out next semester."

Changsub and Hyunsik looked at each other.

"Should we?" Hyunsik asked.

"My mom won't like it but I think I can convince her. What about you?" Changsub said. 

Hyunsik shrugged.

"I can talk to my dad."

The two looked back at Eunkwang.

"Hyung how's your budget?" Changsub asked.

Eunkwang did some air calculations.

"Hmm…if I get a job on campus I should be good but we might need to find another roommate depending on the rent." He said.

"You know anyone hyung?" Hyunsik asked.

Eunkwang his chin thoughtfully.

"I can't think of anyone now but I can ask around. If anything we can put up a post on the school forums or something later." He said.

Changsub nodded.

"We should start looking at apartment listings soon then so we can move during winter break." He said.

"That sounds like a plan." Hyunsik replied.

Just then one of the RA's came into the common area.

"Okay you guys are clear." She said.

There was a collective sigh of relief from everyone in the room.

"Thank god." Changsub said under his breath as he, Hyunsik, and Eunkwang got up.

"I'm so glad we used the water bottles." Hyunsik said.

"Yeah but I'm still pissed we had to dump it all." Changsub replied sourly.

"Hey at least you weren't busted okay. Don't worry I'll take you two out for drinks sometime soon and we can talk more about moving out." Eunkwang said.

He wrapped his arms around Changsub and Hyunsik's shoulders and the three went back to the room to finish their work.

 

------

 

 

A/N  I realize way too much of this story happens at night lol but I can't write about classes it's too boring. Also I've never lived in the dorms HAHA. Oh well, imagination. Which Youngjae you ask? Probably BAP but if you want GOT7 that's fine too lol.