Frosting Party

Path to Your Dreams

Saturday Evening, Week 11

Ilhoon's apartment.

"Chug chug chug chug!"

Changsub watched from his spot in the corner of Ilhoon's living room as Eunkwang downed a bowl of who knows what kind of mystery punch Ilhoon had mixed.

After several seconds of loud gulping Eunkwang finally raised the empty bowl up in triumph as Ilhoon, Hyunsik and the girls cheered. He suddenly burped loudly.

"Ah oppa….Did you really have to?" Bomi complained from the kitchen.

Everyone laughed as Eunkwang blew her a kiss from across the room.

"Just for you jagiya!"

Changsub cringed as he took a sip from his drink. He knew he'd probably end up being the one cleaning up after Eunkwang later, but it was Eunkwang's birthday so he wasn't about to stop him from having his fun.

He glanced over at the kitchen where Chorong was busy getting the cake ready with Bomi. Whatever had happened between the two girls had clearly been resolved and she seemed to be doing much better these days.

Changsub watched her for a moment longer then he looked back down at his cup.

He and Chorong were back on speaking terms now but it was still awkward between them and he liked to keep his distance.

He sighed and downed the rest of his drink.

"Oppa! The cake is ready!" Bomi called from the kitchen.

Everyone gathered around as Hyunsik lit the candles.

"Okay everybody pick a different key!" Eunji said.

"Oh god please don't my musician ears-" Changsub began but he was cut off as Namjoo quickly covered his mouth.

"Oppa just shut up and sing!"

Eunkwang pretended to conduct with a wide grin on his face as everyone sang together in clashing discordant tones. When the song was finished Eunkwang in a huge breath then blew out the candles in one big puff. Everyone cheered and clapped as Bomi kissed him on the cheek. 

Ilhoon who had been sneaking up behind the couple suddenly jumped up and shoved their faces down into the cake.

Bomi let out a muffled scream as Ilhoon ran away laughing evilly.

Eunkwang and Bomi pulled their heads up from the cake with frosting all over their faces.

"What the…" Eunkwang spluttered, shaking his head and flicking bits of frosting around.

"JUNG ILHOON YOU LITTLE TWERP!"

Bomi grabbed a fork and brandished it wildly as she chased Ilhoon.

"Get back over here I'm going to kill you Irun-ah!" Bomi screamed.

"Catch me if you can noona!"

Ilhoon quickly dodged behind Naeun who squeaked in surprise as Ilhoon grabbed her by the shoulders and tried to use her as a shield to protect himself from Bomi.

It was quite a scene.

Meanwhile Hyunsik was dying from laughter as Eunkwang tried to the frosting off his nose.

"Eww oppa that's so gross!" Said Hayoung and Namjoo together as they watched Eunkwang, looking both disgusted and weirdly fascinated at the same time.

"Almost there…" Eunkwang stretched his tongue out as far as he could trying to reach more of the frosting.

Eunji hurried over with some napkins.

"Oh gosh oppa don't do that, here take a napkin and wipe your face." She said shoving one into his hands.

Amongst the chaos, Chorong was quietly trying to salvage what was left of the cake and portioning it out onto some plates.

Changsub shook his head as he watched the craziness going on around him and went to go grab another drink.

The night went on and after more rounds of drinks and cake and singing and games Changsub was feeling a bit drained. Parties had never really been his thing.

"Changsub-ah, why the long face?" Eunkwang giggled as he got up a little too close in Changsub's space.

Changsub leaned back to avoid the now obviously tipsy Eunkwang.

"Geez hyung can you not?"

"Aww come on Changsub-ah let's play another game!" Eunkwang whined.

He wrapping his arms around Changsub and drowsily looked around for his girlfriend.

"Bomi-yaaaa where's the cards? Can you bring the cards?"

Changsub sighed and gently tried to detach himself from Eunkwang's grasp.

"You guys go ahead and play I think I'll pass this time."

He excused himself and got up to look for Ilhoon's bathroom.

The first thing he did was check his face in the mirror. Damn…he looked pretty bad. Changsub the sink and splashed some water on his face.

After a few minutes he came out of the bathroom, but he didn't quite feel like going back to the living room just yet. On a whim he decided to take a peek at Ilhoon's bedroom.

Changsub had expected to find Ilhoon's room a mess but surprisingly it was very organized. The kid basically had a mini recording studio set up in there. He had a collection of headphones, a large array of miscellaneous DJing equipment, expensive looking speakers, a fancy microphone and a glass case filled with neat stacks of CDs.

"Damn how can that brat afford all this expensive ?"

Changsub had been friends with Hyunsik for a really long time but he'd never asked much about Hyunsik's past with his half brother. As a result Ilhoon had always been a bit of a mystery to him.

He picked up one of the CD cases that sat on Ilhoon's desk. It was one of those blank ones you could use to record your own things. There was a title and some other things scribbled in permanent marker on the disc.

"Wonder what this is…?" He mused.

Changsub heard a sound behind him and turned quickly expecting to see Ilhoon, but to his surprise it was Chorong standing at the door. 

"Oh, it's you." He said, putting down the CD. 

"What are you doing here?" Chorong asked.

Changsub sighed.

"I needed some air."

"Ah…" Chorong nodded.

"Aren't you going back to the party?" Changsub asked.

Chorong shook her head.

"I wanted make sure you were okay."

Changsub looked down at the desk.

"Why should you care…" He said with a hint of bitterness at the edge of his voice.

"Don't say that…You know I care about you." Said Chorong quietly.

Changsub took one look at the hurt expression on Chorong's face and instantly regretted his words.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it to come out like that." He said apologetically.

He sighed and took a seat on the edge of Ilhoon's bed.

Chorong left her place at the door and came over to sit by him, leaving just enough space between them.

She looked at him with concern.

"You haven't smiled all day."

Changsub didn't meet her eyes but gazed instead at the sliding doors that led to the balcony and said nothing.

"Changsub-ah…can I be honest with you?" Chorong asked tentatively.

"What is it." Changsub said, feeling slightly nervous about the direction of the conversation.

Chorong inched her hand closer on the bed then carefully placed it on top of his.

"I miss the old you."

 

 

 

------

A/N  Hmm................ Okay but imagine the mess at this party lmao