[PG13] Identification

Path to Your Dreams

*Rated for slight violence and some adult themes...?*

 

Tuesday Night, Winter Break

The entrance of Club Cheonsa.

Bomi, Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung stood outside the club looking up at the bright white letters that read 'Club Cheonsa' with angel wings on either side of the door. 

"Woah...you're telling me Ilhoon oppa works here??" Hayoung asked. 

"Yep. This is the place." Bomi said as she turned around and huddled the younger girls together.

"You kids brought your IDs right?" She asked.

The three nodded and pulled out their cards.

"Perfect!" Bomi clasped her hands together. "Oh I'm so excited I get to go with you guys! I've only been clubbing with Eunkwang oppa before and he always gets so clingy."

"Isn't he always clingy?" Hayoung teased.

"Yeah but he's like eeeeextra clingy at the club. Like he's afraid someone else is going to try and steal me if he doesn't make it painfully obvious I'm taken." Bomi replied.

Namjoo scoffed at Bomi.

"Unnie nobody's gonna try to pick you up with your crazy dancing."

"Oh shut up wait 'till we get inside and I'll show you who's the dance machine." Bomi shot back as she led the way up to the bouncer and flashed him her ID.

The bouncer let Bomi, Hayoung and Namjoo through quickly but paused for a second on Naeun's card.

"You look a bit young." He said as he took her card.

Naeun fidgeted under his authoritative gaze.

The bouncer looked at her card carefully then shrugged and handed it back.

"Okay go ahead." He said.

Naeun rushed to join the other three with a sigh of relief.

"That was a bit nerve wracking." She said.

Namjoo laughed.

"Haha wow he didn't even think twice about our Hayoungie but he spent a lot of time checking your card. It must be because you’re so pretty unnie." She said to Naeun.

"Hey are you calling me old?" Hayoung retorted.

The rest giggled as they entered the main room and soon they were surrounded by flashing colored lights and loud booming music.

The youngest three looked around in fascination as Bomi squinted up at the stage looking for Ilhoon.

"Yah yah look there he is!" Bomi yelled.

"Ugh look at that rascal he really thinks he's the doesn't he?" She added.

"Daebak it really is him." Hayoung said.

"Do you think he'll see us?" Naeun asked nervously.

"Nah don't worry it's way too crowded I don't think he'll notice." Bomi said.

"Oh who cares about Ilhoon oppa let's go dance!" Namjoo yelled excitedly.

She grabbed Hayoung by the hand and disappeared into the sea of dancing people.

"Hey don't go off by yourself wait for us!" Bomi shouted.

"Aish those two." She muttered as she pulled Naeun with her into the crowd to chase after Namjoo and Hayoung.

About 30 minutes later Naeun found herself sitting at the bar tending to a very tipsy Bomi. They had lost Namjoo and Hayoung somewhere while they were dancing and Naeun had no idea where they were.

Bomi scowled disapprovingly at the stage where Ilhoon stood, pumping his fist to the music while several scantily clad female dancers hovered next to him at the DJ booth.

"Seriously who does he think he is?" Bomi slurred as she took another drink from her cocktail.

She turned back towards the bar and considered Naeun with a judgmental expression.

"Naeun-ah."

"Huh?" Naeun said absently, breaking her eyes away from the stage.

"I see you staring. Youuuu haven't taken your eyes off of him the whoooole time we've been here."

"I wasn't staring." Naeun protested, blushing slightly. Had she really been that obvious?

"Sure you weren't." Bomi giggled slyly.

She pointed her index finger between Naeun's eyes.

"You're a strange one you know. You keep saying you don't have feelings but you won't outright reject him and now he won't stop bothering you because you keep giving him hope even though you know he's not good for you. It's a shame really. With your looks you could have your pick of any of the respectable church oppas at school but instead you let yourself get stuck in the bad boy trap."

Naeun blinked and swatted away Bomi's finger as Bomi continued her rambling. 

"You think you're the only one he's texting? I bet he's talking to dozens of girls like the ones up there." Bomi said, sloshing her glass in the direction of the dancers.

Naeun winced and shied away from Bomi to avoid getting splashed.

"Unnie I think you've had too much." She said nervously.

"Aha! You're avoiding the topic!" 

Bomi narrowed her eyes at Naeun.

"Aigoo…after all the times I told you to stop replying to him and you still haven't cut him off." She said, clicking her tongue in disappointment.

"But you talk to him..." Naeun ventured. 

Bomi slammed her glass on the counter.

"Yes well that's different! Ilhoonie is fun kid at the hangouts and I don't mind letting him pay for us all the time because free food is free food, but I WILL NOT have my precious Naeunie getting her heart mixed up with a boy who's job revolves around partying with random girls at the club every night."

Naeun didn't answer but glanced back at Ilhoon who seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the attention of the dancers beside him. She was torn. Seeing his behavior on stage was a bit shocking in comparison to his cheesy pickup lines and bad selfies, but surely his charming words couldn't all be a lie? Was she really just one of many girls?

Naeun turned her attention back to the bar as Bomi finished her drink with a grimace.

"Ugh…I don't think my stomach is agreeing with this stuff." Bomi said, glaring at her empty glass and rubbing her stomach.

"Why did you drink it then?" Naeun scolded.

Bomi groaned and sprawled her arms out on the counter in front of her.

"I don't knoowwww I wanted to try one because Eunkwang oppa never let's me have more than one or two sips when we go out." She whined.

"Unnie…everyone knows you can't handle more than a little bit before you get messed up." Naeun sighed.

"Ugghhhh." Came Bomi's muffled response as she let her head fall to the counter.

This wasn't good. Bomi was already a handful when she was sober but drunk Bomi was an unpredictable liability. At least this Bomi appeared to be going the sleepy drunk route today instead of the bat crazy drunk, but there was no telling what might happen next and Naeun wasn't sure she was equipt to handle the situation alone. 

She scanned the crowd hoping to find Namjoo or Hayoung but the two were nowhere to be seen.

"Where are they?..." Naeun muttered to herself impatiently.

She pulled out her phone to check if they had seen her last message but there was no response.

Suddenly there was a tap on her shoulder and she whipped around with a surprised jump.

"Hey miss mind if I join you?"

A tall guy with a slightly foreign appearance pulled up a stool next to Naeun.

"Have I seen you before?" He asked, looking her up and down.

Naeun shook her head nervously.

"Hmm really? I swear I've seen you on Instagram or something." The guy insisted.

He leaned in a little closer to get a better look at her face and she backed away slightly, bumping into Bomi who was still slumped over the bar.

"Ah yes…you're that Marcella girl aren't you?" Said the guy.

Naeun started to feel slightly uneasy. This wasn't the first time someone had recognized her from Instagram but it was much creepier when it was happening in a club and she was alone with a very drunk Bomi.

"Well, my name is Dongwoon." The guy said smoothly.

He gave Naeun a suave smile.

"S-sorry I'm not looking." Naeun stuttered.

The guy named Dongwoon chuckled.

"Oh but a pretty thing like you doesn't need to be looking to have a bit of fun."

He winked at her and Naeun started to panic. She nudged Bomi urgently.

"Unnie…get up…" She whispered.

Bomi pulled herself up from the bar looking bleary eyed.

"Who's that?" She asked groggily.

"I don't know." Naeun said from the corner of .

She gave Bomi a distressed look, silently asking for help and Bomi took a while to compute before she seemed to catch on.

Her drowsy face morphed and she flashed a withering glare at the stranger.

"Who are you and whaddya want!" She spat.

Dongwoon seemed amused by Bomi's drunken state and laughed coolly.

"Woah there no need to get angry I was just wondering if your friend here would like to hang out with me for a bit."

He turned to Naeun with an ominous glint in his eye.

"Why don't you leave her, it'll be much more fun with me."

"Wait I don't-" Naeun began.

Dongwoon made a grab for her hand but he suddenly yelped in pain as Bomi flew in and socked him in the jaw.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER YOU SCUMBAG!" She roared, eyes blazing.

Dongwoon stumbled back as Bomi aimed a kick between his legs and made contact with a painfully loud smack.

"Aigoo you pitiful excuse for a human being! WHY ARE HALF THE MEN IN THIS WORLD SUCH TRASH? WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT ME BACK LIKE A REAL ONE HUH? HUH?!" Bomi yelled as she balled her fists.

She pulled back for another swing but she felt somebody grab her arm.

"Aish let me at him!" Bomi shouted, turning furiously to lash out at the poor idiot who dared to stop her but she paused when she saw who was holding her arm.

"I-Ilhoonie?" She spluttered.

"Noona what's going on?" Ilhoon asked.

He surveyed the scene. Naeun was standing by the bar looking shell shocked and Dongwoon was groaning on the floor with a nasty bruise forming on his face.

"That…that crazy just tried to kill me." Dongwoon gasped.

"And you deserved it!" Bomi shot back. "Nobody gets away with harassing my precious dongsaeng under my watch."

She lunged forward and tried to break free from Ilhoon's grasp but Ilhoon stopped her again.

"Noona calm down there are people watching." He hissed.

Indeed, a small crowd of curious onlookers had started to gather around the bar and Bomi paused her struggling.

Suddenly Namjoo appeared, squeezing her way through to the front of the crowd with Hayoung behind her.

"Bomi unnie!" She gasped. "Oh my gosh…What did you do?"

Hayoung rushed to Naeun with a worried look.

"Unnie are you okay?" She asked.

Naeun still looked unsettled but she nodded shakily as Hayoung fussed over her.

Ilhoon waved Namjoo over and handed over Bomi.

"Here take her, I'll handle this." He said.

He approached Dongwoon who was now struggling to his feet and gingerly stretching his jaw.

"I'm sorry but we don't tolerate harassment here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Ilhoon said firmly.

"And who are you to tell me that, pipsqueak." Dongwoon replied.

Ilhoon leaned in a bit closer and pulled up his sleeve.

"You see this?" He said dangerously, nodding to his tattoo.

Dongwoon's face paled slightly and Ilhoon smirked.

"That's right. You don't wanna mess with me. I know the boss pretty well and he owns about a dozen clubs all across the city and I can have you blacklisted from this entire strip if you don't leave right now."

Ilhoon pulled his sleeve down and stepped back.

"I'm not calling the police this time but if I see you here again I won't hesitate."

Dongwoon nodded tensely and Ilhoon eyed him threateningly before signaling to one of the bouncers to him out.

The girls watched apprehensively as Ilhoon dispersed the crowd.

"Yah what's with his tattoo? You think it’s a gang symbol?" Namjoo whispered to Hayoung.

"I don't know I thought it was just a cool design but…"

Hayoung stopped talking as Ilhoon began to walk towards them.

He approached the girls with an unreadable expression and his eyes lingered briefly on Naeun for a moment before he turned and spoke to Namjoo.

"Did you guys drive here?" He asked, looking doubtfully at Bomi who was sagging on Namjoo's shoulder and looking around sulkily.

"No umm…we took the bus from school…" Namjoo replied as she struggled to hold Bomi up on her feet.

"Ah…"

Ilhoon checked his phone and looked up again.

"Well my set was almost finished anyway so if you wanna wait outside until I'm done packing my stuff I can take you girls back to the dorm." He said.

"Can you?" Namjoo asked.

"Yeah sure, give me a few minutes and I'll meet you out front." Ilhoon replied.

Namjoo nodded as Ilhoon turned to leave then let out a lengthy sigh.

"Oh geezus…this is such a mess."

"Well it could've been a lot worse." Hayoung said, as she gave Naeun a comforting hug. "Imagine what could've happened if Bomi unnie hadn't..." She paused and shuddered.

Naeun whimpered and hid her face in Hayoung's jacket.

"Yah yah Hayoung-ah stop it she's already upset." Namjoo scolded.

She hoisted Bomi up again and tsk-ed in annoyance.

"Goodness when did you get so heavy." She grumbled.

Bomi yawned and draped her arms around Namjoo with a scowl.

"Whaaat. The hotpot was all you can eat." She whined.

Namjoo rolled her eyes as she started pulling Bomi towards the exit.

"How are we ever going to explain all this to Chorong unnie…" Namjoo thought aloud.

Hayoung stopped in her tracks.

"Oh no!" She exclaimed. "I forgot totally the other two still out at the café! Do you think Ilhoon will have space in his car?" 

"I doubt it. Just tell them to take the bus back and meet us there." Namjoo replied.

Hayoung pulled out her phone and hastily typed out a message in the group chat.

Hayoung: Unnie. Where are you guys now?

Chorong: We're just walking around, is everything alright?

Hayoung: Sort of…

Chorong: Sort of???

Hayoung: Well Bomi unnie caused a bit of a scene at the club.

Chorong: YOON BOMI I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL HER WHAT DID SHE DO?

Hayoung: It's a long story…anyways Ilhoon oppa is driving us four home so we'll meet you back at the dorms and we'll explain everything later.

Chorong: ?????

Hayoung sighed and put away her phone. 

"Oh boy...Looks like somebody's going to get a serious lashing from Gangster Rong tonight." 

 

 

------------

 

 

A/N The longest chapter so far? I'm sorryyyy Dongwoon is a sweet guy and Beastpink is cute too but plot devices???

Anyways drunk Bomi fight scene woooot.