School Celebrity

Path to Your Dreams

Saturday Afternoon, Week 5

Track Meet Part 2

The first portion of field events were relatively unexciting. Nobody seemed to care much about the high jump, long jump, shot put or javelins. Everyone was waiting for the entrance of the university's star athlete Lee Minhyuk who would appear first in the men's 60 meter dash.

Namjoo was tapping her foot and looking around the stadium restlessly.

"Aish when is Lee Minhyuk gonna show up?" She complained.

"Oh look I think that's him!" Naeun said pointing towards the locker rooms.

"Where where!?" Namjoo jumped up and craned her neck trying to get a better view.

Sure enough, Lee Minhyuk walked out of the locker rooms with a water bottle in hand.

The rest of the crowd seemed to have noticed as well and a flurry of excited whispering erupted in the bleachers.

Minhyuk set down his water bottle on one of the benches and began to stretch.

"Oh my god he's so hot." Namjoo sighed, fanning herself.

"Right?" Chorong squealed.

Naeun giggled and covered her face looking slightly flushed.

Changsub fidgeted in his seat. Their fangirling was making him uncomfortable. He leaned back to glance at Hyunsik who was munching away at his gummy bears and shaking his head at the girls antics with amusement.

Damn. Even Hyunsik seemed to be able to have a good body no matter how much he ate and how much he didn't work out. His muscles just seemed to grow without even trying.

"Ugh genetics…"

Changsub looked down at his own stomach. He'd never set foot inside the gym in his entire life. Maybe it was about time to change that…if he wasn't so damn lazy.

Next to him, Chorong and Naeun were leaning over to look at Namjoo's phone as she started recording a shaky fancam of Minhyuk stretching.

Changsub sighed.

"Look at you guys acting like a bunch of crazy fangirls." He said under his breath.

"What was that?" Chorong asked turning around to look at him.

"Nothing." He said making a face.

Chorong eyed him suspiciously then turned back to look at Namjoo's phone again with a dreamy smile.

Changsub felt something twist in his stomach.

"You're jealous." 

A tiny voice in the back of his mind taunted him.

He quickly shut out the thought. What the heck was he thinking? He shook his head and slapped his face a few times.

"Changsub you good over there?" Hyunsik asked.

"I'm fine." Changsub said. He wasn't fine.

"Have some water, you don't look so good." Hyunsik said reaching into his bag and tossing him a flask.

"Thanks bro." Changsub caught the flask and took a long drink. The water seemed to help cool his thoughts.

By this time the people down on the field were now setting up the blocks for the 60 meter dash and Minhyuk appeared to have finished up his stretches. He and the other runners went to their respective lanes and prepared themselves for the race.

As the MC announced the athletes from each university, Minhyuk waved and smiled at the crowd. Namjoo, Chorong, Naeun and all the other girls in the bleachers screamed and cheered. 

"Lee Minhyuk! Lee Minhyuk!"

The crowd chanted as Minhyuk got down on his blocks and readied himself.

Everyone watched with bated breath.

CRACK!

The starters gun went off and Minhyuk sprang from his blocks and sprinted down the track.

"Aaand Lee Minhyuk takes the lead! Look at him go! Cha Sunwoo can't seem to catch up! Oh my looks like we might have another record breaker here today folks! They're almost to the finish line! Lee Sanghoon is falling behind! AND IT'S LEE MINHYUK WITH 6.4 SECONDS!"

The crowd roared.

Minhyuk pumped his fist and blew kisses up to the bleachers.

"Woooooh! Minhyuk oppa!!!" Namjoo cheered.

Minhyuk ran a small victory lap down the front row of the bleachers then waved to the crowd again before sitting down. The coach came over and handed him a towel which he took and wiped his face.

"Oh I hope he throws the towel." Namjoo said rubbing her hands together.

"Oh for goodness sake…" Changsub sighed. This was getting ridiculous.

To Namjoo's disappointment however Minhyuk did not throw the towel.

As the track meet went on Minhyuk continued to rack up medal after medal from the 100 meter race to the 200 meter race to the 4 x 100 relay.

They watched as Minhyuk stood on the podium posing for pictures with the other athletes and kissing his medals.

"What a prick." Changsub muttered.

Namjoo glared at him.

"Oh shut up oppa just 'cause you don't have any abs." She snapped.

"Ouch that hurts my soul!" Changsub complained.

"Careful Namjoo, Changsub might actually cry." Hyunsik snickered.

Changsub fumed and silently cursed Hyunsik. Seriously dude? Did bro code not exist anymore? What was he doing making him look like a loser instead of backing him up. Traitor.

He saw Naeun and Chorong cracking up at Hyunsik's comment and somehow that stung even more.

"I'm going to the practice rooms." Changsub said coldly. He grabbed his bag and left.

"Wow what's up with him today?" Namjoo said putting her hands on her hips.

"Is he okay?" Naeun asked looking worried.

"Ehh he'll be fine." Hyunsik said waving it off. He was used to Changsub's temper tantrums by now.

Chorong said nothing but watched Changsub as he walked away looking sulky. She suddenly felt guilty like she'd done something wrong but she couldn't figure out what had pissed him off so much.

"I'm thirsty let's go get bubble tea." Said Namjoo.

"Oh I'm down!" Hyunsik replied.

"Unnie what about you?" Naeun asked Chorong who was still staring in the direction that Changsub had gone.

Chorong was too distracted and didn't answer at first.

"Unnie? Hello? Earth to Chorong?" Namjoo waved her hand in front of Chorong's face.

"Huh?"

Chorong shook her head and brought her attention back to the present.

"Oh…um…no I'm good, I'll catch you guys later." She said. 

Chorong picked up her bag and started to leave.

"Unnie where are you going?" Naeun called out.

"None of your business!" Chorong yelled back as she ran off towards the music department.

She had no idea where the music practice rooms were but she figured they shouldn't be too hard to find.

"I hope he's really okay…" 

 

---------

A/N OTL Poor subbie it's really not his day today. Have I made him too grouchy? Lol......