Pushing Limits

Path to Your Dreams

Wednesday Afternoon, Winter Break

Chorong and Bomi's dorm.

"Bbom-ah!" Chorong called as she pulled on her coat to leave.

Bomi slowly stuck her head up from behind the pile of laundry she was folding.

"Don't forget to clean out the shower drain." Chorong said sternly.

"Yes unnie…" Came Bomi's meek reply.

"And do the dishes right after you eat dinner."

Bomi nodded quickly.

"AND make sure you take out the trash before you go to sleep." Chorong added.

Bomi bowed her head even lower behind the laundry as she tried to avoid Chorong's harsh gaze and mumbled "I will" in a mousy voice.

Chorong eyed Bomi severely then headed for the door.

"Unnie…?" Bomi asked cautiously.

Chorong glanced back at her with a slightly tired look. Changsub was already downstairs and she didn't want to keep him waiting.

"Yes?" She said with suppressed impatience.

"What time are you coming back?"

Chorong paused. She had no idea how long she might be staying at Changsub's place.

"I don't know." She replied uncertainly. "Probably not too late but don't bother waiting up for me."

Bomi opened to say something then seemed to changed her mind and simply nodded which caused Chorong to feel a small twinge of pity.

"Bbom-ah." She said in a softer tone as Bomi looked up hesitantly.

"Yes unnie?" Bomi mumbled.

Chorong considered Bomi with a still serious but much gentler expression.

It really was getting hard to keep up with the scolding when it was almost Christmas and Bomi truly seemed to be regretting her actions, but Chorong had already dealt the punishment and taking it back would be too soft of her.

She thought for a moment then reached into her purse and took out a few bills from her wallet which she laid carefully on the desk.

"Order something tasty for dinner while I'm gone." Chorong said softly.

Bomi's looked towards the money on the desk and her eyes welled with tears. She dropped the shirt she was folding and ran to give Chorong a hug.

"Bbom-ah what are you crying for? It's just food and you still have to do all the chores." Chorong gasped, trying her best to breathe as Bomi wrapped her arms tightly around her middle.

Bomi whimpered and looked up at Chorong with puppy eyes.

"Unnie I promise I will never be so careless ever again and I'll listen to everything you tell me to do or not to do from now on without a single objection and I'll be a responsible unnie and I won't drink when we go out with the girls and..."

Chorong couldn't help but chuckle at Bomi's outlandishly impossible promises but she was touched all the same. She smiled gently at Bomi and patted her head.

"Aigoo…what am I ever going to do with you." She sighed.

At that moment her phone buzzed in her pocket indicating a message had arrived from Changsub. It was time to go.

"Bbom-ah I have to leave now." Chorong said.

Bomi gave Chorong another squeeze then let go and helped her straighten her coat which had become slightly rumpled from the hug.

"Don't be too late okay?" Bomi sniffed.

"I won't" Chorong said reassuringly before stepping out the door into the hallway of the dorm.

She laughed a bit to herself as she closed the door behind her, thinking about how funny it was to hear "Don't be too late" coming from Bomi when it was usually the other way around.

Ah…how things had changed with Changsub coming into her life.

Chorong made her way down to the ground floor of the dorms and spotted Changsub standing outside through the glass door. He looked up with a smile as which Chorong returned as she stepped outside into the cold winter air to meet him.

"Sorry I kept you waiting." Chorong said breathlessly.

"It's fine." Changsub replied.

He took her hand and placed a light kiss on her cheek.

"How's my sleeping beauty?" He asked jokingly. "Feeling any better?"

Chorong raised a quizzical eyebrow at him.

"Sleeping beauty??"

Changsub gave a sort of sheepish grin.

"Sorry. I'm being stupid." He laughed. "I was just thinking about how cute your yawns were on the phone this morning."

"Oh…"

Chorong flushed slightly under Changsub's soft gaze. She hadn't given much thought to how she sounded on the phone before but looking back she could see how that "just woke up" kind of morning voice could come off sounding a bit…intimate?

The word sent a strange shiver down her spine as the reality of the situation sank in.

"Me?…Park Chorong?…Going home with a guy?…Alone…???"

The old anti-dating Chorong never would've allowed such a thing to become a possibility but now she found herself feeling inexplicably curious.

How much farther would Changsub go when no one else was around to watch them?

 

-----

 

A/N Now THAT is a real question right there...hmm...debating...