Hot Tea

Path to Your Dreams

Monday Morning, Week 10

The dorm complex.

Chorong stepped outside of the girls dorm building and looked up at the gray cloudy sky. She had heavily considered not going to class today, but skipping it to avoid seeing Changsub would be incredibly petty. What were the chances he'd be there anyways? Knowing him he was probably not going to leave his bed today.

She closed her eyes.

"Don't think about him."

Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes again.

"Just walk. It's gonna be fine."

Chorong got to the lecture hall and looked around. As expected Changsub wasn't there.

She walked towards the row where she usually sat and paused. The image of Changsub sitting there at the desk with his coffee and a goofy grin flashed in her mind. She sighed and kept walking. She'd have to sit somewhere else today.

Luckily there were plenty of open seats. It was pretty far into the semester and people had stopped coming to class. She chose a seat near the front.

About 15 minutes into the lecture Chorong heard the classroom door click softly. She chanced a quick glance back at the door.

She wished she hadn't.

Changsub slipped in quietly and took a seat at the back. He looked tired.

Chorong turned back towards the front hoping he hadn't noticed her looking.

As the class went on Chorong could practically feel Changsub's gaze burning into the back of her head. It was extremely distracting.

When the class ended she took her time packing her things in the hopes that Changsub would leave before she did.

Chorong finally got up and caught a fleeting glimpse of the back of Changsub's hoodie as he disappeared out the door.

A lump rose in . She should be feeling relieved that they hadn't interacted but why did it suddenly hurt to watch him leave like that?

-----

Several minutes later at the cafeteria.

"Unnie I still can't believe you did that to him." Bomi said giving Chorong a disapproving look.

"Bbom-ah..." Eunji said warningly.

Chorong said nothing and continued to eat her food as if Bomi hadn't said anything.

An awkward silence followed as Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung looked at each other with nervous expressions.

Eunji glared at the three of them

"Talk about something!" She mouthed.

"What?" Namjoo mouthed back.

"Anything!" Eunji hissed.

Namjoo gave her a doubtful look then cleared .

"So I heard Lee Minhyuk was spotted with Bang Minah the other day." She said awkwardly to the table.

"Oh? Really?" Eunji replied exaggeratedly.

She gave Naeun and Hayoung meaningful looks hinting for them to play along.

"What were they doing?" Hayoung asked, catching Eunji's hint.

"I don't know exactly but my sunbae's friend's girlfriend's roommate said that he gave her cash." Namjoo replied.

"No way…" Naeun said covering .

"Do you think they were…?" Hayoung began.

"Oh they were TOTALLY…" Eunji continued, glancing sideways at Chorong who was still eating silently.

Bomi rolled her eyes and glared around at the girls.

"YAH are you guys seriously talking about THAT when the hottest tea is sitting right over there!?" Bomi said pointing her chopsticks in Chorong's direction.

Chorong froze.

Eunji, Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung sat looking shocked as Chorong slowly put down her spoon.

There was a chilling moment of silence before Chorong spoke in a steely voice laced with suppressed anger.

"Bomi you know how much acting means to me."

"Unnie…"

Bomi was lost for words. Chorong hadn't called her Bomi in years. It was always Bbom-ah. Always.

Chorong stood and picked up her bag.

"I'm leaving." She said.

"Unnie wait!" Bomi called after Chorong as she walked away from the table.

"Heol…" Namjoo said covering as Hayoung's chopsticks fell out of her hand.

Naeun looked as if she was about to cry.

Bomi's lip quivered.

"I didn't mean to…" 

Eunji stood up and roughly yanked Bomi up from her seat.

"YAH YOON BOMI WHAT KIND OF TY ROOMMATE ARE YOU HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO CHORONG UNNIE?"

Bomi began to wail.

The situation was getting out of hand. The other students around the cafeteria were now staring at them and whispering amongst each other. Some were even taking videos.

"Bomi-ya!" Eunkwang rushed over from where he'd been sitting with Hyunsik.

"Bomi-ya what happened??" He asked in a panicky voice.

Bomi ran to Eunkwang and buried her face in his chest.

"Waaaaaahhh Chorong unnieeeee." She cried loudly with fat tears streaming from her eyes.

Eunkwang wrapped his arms protectively around Bomi and kissed her head as she continued sobbing into his shirt.

Hyunsik came over and looked questioningly at Eunji.

"What the hell happened?" He asked.

Eunji swore under her breath.

This was going to be rough.

 

 

------

 

A/N  Pheeeewww If you thought the last few chapters were a mess…well it just got worse OTL. I've ruined more friendships…what am I doing??? The plot thickens.