Ghosting

Path to Your Dreams

Thursday Night, Week 4

It was a rainy night at the dormitory. Chorong and Bomi were hanging out in Eunji and Naeun's room while Hayoung and Namjoo were out at the esports computer lounge.

"Bbom-ah!" Eunji said jumping on the bed next to Bomi with her laptop.

"What." Bomi said looking up from her textbook.

"Try this game it's really funny." Eunji said shoving her laptop at Bomi.

"What game is this? A maze?" Bomi asked.

"Yeah, just follow the maze and try not to touch the wall with the mouse." Eunji said with an evil twinkle in her eye.

"Let me try." Bomi said, taking Eunji's laptop.

Chorong came over to watch. She glanced at Eunji who winked. Eunji was clearly up to something.

Bomi started playing, moving the cursor carefully through the maze.

"This isn't so hard."

"Just wait." Eunji said trying not to smile.

Suddenly a zombie face appeared on the screen. Bomi and Chorong both screamed and jumped away from the laptop.

"EOMMA YA!!" Bomi wailed clinging to Chorong in fear.

"Yaaa…..you're so mean why do you keep doing that to me?!" She whimpered with a hurt look to Eunji who was dying of laughter.

"Bbom-ah your face was priceless!" Eunji wheezed.

"You're so dead!" Bomi picked up a pillow and tried to whack Eunji.

Chorong, having overcome her surprise pulled out her phone and started filming as Bomi chased Eunji around the room cursing and screaming.

Naeun who had been in the bathroom came out with a towel around her head looking confused.

"What happened I heard screaming?"

She took one look at the mayhem and sighed.

"Never mind." She said and promptly went back into the bathroom.

Eventually Bomi and Eunji ran out of energy and collapsed in a pile on the floor laughing and out of breath.

"This is gold." Chorong giggled as she replayed the video on her phone.

"Don't you dare post that in the group chat!" Bomi gasped, glaring at Chorong.

"Oops too late." Chorong said pretending to look sorry.

Bomi wailed again and flailed on the floor in frustration.

Eunji got up and went over to Chorong to watch the video.

"HAHA daebak wait until the boys see this." Eunji snickered.

"Andwae…." Bomi whined as Chorong's notifications started popping.

Hyunsik: ㅋㅋㅋ

Changsub: wtf

Ilhoon: *read*

Eunkwang: love u sweetie <3

Eunji read Eunkwang's message and gagged.

"Aigoo…I can't believe Eunkwang oppa is so whipped for you Bbom-ah I bet he thinks your farts are cute too."

Bomi looked up from the floor, stuck out her tongue at Eunji and looked to Chorong.

"I wanna go home." She said.

Naeun finally came out of the bathroom again with her hair down this time. She was looking her phone with a weird expression.

"Naeun, what's wrong?" Chorong said noticing Naeun's frown.

Naeun sighed.

"He's sending me weird dms again."

"Who?" Chorong asked.

"Oh I bet it's that brat Ilhoon isn't it." Bomi said getting up from the floor.

Eunji, Chorong, and Bomi crowded around Naeun to look at her phone.

On her screen was a slightly grainy selfie of Ilhoon in a blanket with a bit of tattoo peeking out on his chest.

"Oh honey…" Eunji said shaking her head.

"Daebak…" Chorong said covering .

"How am I supposed to reply?" Naeun asked.

"Reply? Girl that's the kind of stuff you leave on read. Ghost him." Bomi said.

"But…" Naeun said sounding unsure.

"Don't tell me you actually like him?!" Eunji said looking flabbergasted.

"No I just…Ah I don't know."

Naeun gave a fretful sigh and ran a hand through her damp hair.

Bomi patted her on the shoulder.

"Look Naeun…Ilhoon might be a nice guy when we hang out but he's just a liiittle bit shady."

"I think you can do better." Chorong agreed.

"Come to think of it there's no way he's making that much money just from being a DJ." Eunji said scatching her head.

Naeun bit her lip and stared at her phone for a second before closing the app and turning off the screen.

"Okay, I trust you guys." She said.

"That's a good girl." Eunji patted Naeun on the head.

Chorong pulled Naeun over to the desk.

"Here sit down. Unnie will do your nails." She opened the drawer and pulled out some nail polish.

"Ah I need to shower." Eunji grabbed her towel and clothes.

"Bbom-ah don't touch my chips!" She said pointing to Bomi before disappearing into the bathroom.

As soon as Eunji closed the door Bomi grabbed said bag of chips from the table and plopped down on Eunji's bed.

"Speaking of boys…" She said through a mouthful of chips.

"Hmm?" Chorong didn't look up from Naeun's nails.

"How come you're not dating Changsub oppa yet?"

Chorong pursed her lips.

"Bbom-ah, give it a break will you, we're just friends and for the millionth time I'm not looking to date anybody."

"But you just met like a month ago and now you hang out like…WAYYY too much." Said Bomi, stuffing another chip in .

"So?" Chorong said, dipping the brush back into the bottle of polish.

Bomi frowned.

"So you're telling me, you've been seeing this guy almost every day and texting him all night and you don't have the tiniest grain of a thought of dating him?"

Chorong thought for a second. When Bomi put it that way it was kind of strange but…she hadn't really considered it.

"Something like that." She answered vaguely. Was it really that weird to become friends with a guy that fast?

Naeun shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Can we stop I don't want to talk about boys anymore." She complained.

"Yeah let's not." Chorong said.

"I'm just saying…" Bomi shrugged and peered into the bag for another chip.

They said nothing for a few minutes as Chorong turned her attention back to painting Naeun's nails and the sound of Eunji singing in the shower emanated from the bathroom. 

As much as Chorong tried not to think about it Bomi's words seemed to echo through her thoughts like a pesky mosquito. She shook her head and tried to clear her mind. No. Bomi was being ridiculous. Changsub was just a classmate and a fun person to hang out with who just happened to also be a guy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

 

-------

A/N Okay things are starting to get a little twisty and weirdddd. ILHOOOOON!!! #shady.

Have you all played the scary maze game? Don't google it. 

I said don't!