Pins and Needles

Path to Your Dreams

Friday Afternoon, Week 14

Performing Arts Center

The auditorium was bustling with activity as the acting students prepared for the final dress rehearsal before the performance. Naeun was backstage along with a couple of other volunteer design students who had come to help with the costume fitting.

She furrowed her brow in concentration as she tried to fix the clasp on the back of Chorong's dress which had somehow gotten loose.

"Ouch!" Chorong squeaked as Naeun accidentally poked her with the sewing needle.

"I'm sorry!" Naeun said frantically, dropping the needle in surprise.

She quickly bent down to pick up the fallen needle while Chorong gingerly rubbed the back of her neck.

As Naeun stood up, she bumped her elbow against a nearby table and knocked over a container of bobby pins.

"Oh no…"

Naeun let out a sigh of despair and scrambled to collect the pins.

"Naeunie…Is everything okay? You've been dropping things left and right all day." Chorong said.

"It's nothing." Naeun replied.

Eunji coughed loudly from the other side of the room where she was doing her hair.

"It wasn't nothing though." She said slyly.

"Unnie…don't." Naeun whined from the floor as she crawled under the table in search of the last few pins.

Eunji turned back to the mirror and inserted another pin in her hair.

"Seriously this girl just can't seem to stop attracting trouble." She said shaking her head.

"What happened?" Chorong asked.

"Ilhoonie sent her drunk texts last night." Eunji whispered loudly.

"Oh…" Said Chorong.

There was a muffled "Ouch!" from under the table as Naeun bumped her head. 

She crawled out from under the table looking pink in the face as she rubbed her head and put the container of pins back on the table.

"Naeunie are you okay?" Chorong asked.

Naeun quickly picked up her pin cushion and gently grabbed Chorong's shoulders to turn her around.

"Unnie come here I'm not done fixing your dress." She said, trying to change the subject.

"Wait what did he text you?" Chorong asked looking over her shoulder.

Naeun shut her lips tightly and shook her head.

"Naeunie…tell me" Chorong pouted.

Eunji stifled a giggle.

"Sorry unnie we're taking those texts to the grave." She said.

"Eunji-ya…" Chorong whined.

Eunji gave her an apologetic smile.

"I wish I could tell you but she made me promise not to spill."

"Yah…was it really that bad that you can't tell me?" Chorong persisted

Naeun turned an even brighter shade of pink and Eunji snorted.

After another minute of nagging Chorong finally gave up and crossed her arms.

"Aish seriously you two." She sighed in exasperation.

By this point Naeun had finally finished reattaching Chorong's clasp. She snipped off the thread and fastened the back of Chorong's dress.

"There it's done unnie." She said, still looking flustered.

Chorong turned around and did a quick twirl in her dress.

"Thanks Naeunie." She smiled.

Just then the theatre director showed up at the dressing room door.

"Rehearsal is starting in 5 minutes! Meet at the stage I have some announcements!" She called.

All the girls in the dressing room started making their way towards the door.

"Looks like we've gotta go. See you later Naeunie." Eunji said as she and Chorong waved and left the room.

Naeun waved back at them with a weak smile then sighed and started putting away her sewing things.

As Chorong and Eunji made their way towards the stage they overheard some excited whispers amongst the other acting students.

"What's going on?" Chorong asked.

Eunji shrugged.

"Okay settle down settle down." Said the theatre director from the stage.

The students halted their chattering and gathered around the stage. Sungjae came up next to Chorong.

"Hi noona!" He said .

He noticed Eunji and bowed quickly.

"Eunji sunbae."

Chorong smiled at Sungjae while Eunji gave him an awkward nod.

"Ahem. Ahem."

Everyone looked up as the director cleared .

"Alright everyone tonight is our last rehearsal before the big show tomorrow."

She paused as the students whooped and clapped then raised her hand for silence again.

"As some of you might have heard, there may be some recruiters in the audience tomorrow, so I'm going to need all of you to put on your best performance and if you're lucky you might even get scouted."

"Unnie hear that? This could be your big chance!" Eunji said, grabbing Chorong's hands excitedly.

Chorong paled slightly and held Eunji's hands a bit tighter as the director waited for the buzz to settle.

Finally she spoke again.

"You guys have worked really hard this semester so let's put everything into this last rehearsal okay?"

"Yes ma'am!" Chorused the students.

The director clapped her hands together.

"Alright! Let's go! Everyone to your places! We'll start from the top!"

 

 

-----

A/N  Ilhoon????  (>.>)