Syllabus

Path to Your Dreams

Monday Morning, Week 1

The first day of senior year. What a drag.

Changsub squinted as the late morning sunlight glared at him through his dorm room window.

It was already 10:30. Damn. Class in 30 minutes.

Changsub sleepily got out of the bunkbed to wash his face then rummaged for some clothes in his half-unpacked suitcase. He didn't much care about dressing nicely for class anymore. He was a senior now, what was the point. He pulled out a pair of fading sweatpants and a plain t-shirt. These would do just fine.

He changed quickly then grabbed his school bag, shoving his laptop and notebooks inside. His best friend and roommate Hyunsik had an early morning class and had already left 2 hours ago to get breakfast.

"I'll just grab something at the convenience store on the way" He thought as he headed out from the dorms.

The campus was bustling. No surprise. First day of the term blah blah blah he knew the drill already after 3 years.

Changsub picked up a few snacks and a coffee at the convenience store and quickly made his way to class.  As much a he tried, it was difficult to avoid the clusters of lost looking freshmen who littered the campus.

He got to the classroom with 2 minutes to spare and found himself a seat on the edge of the room. This was a waste of time gen-ed class really, he only needed it to fulfill the credit requirements for graduation. He looked around at all the freshmen.

"Look at these kids" He thought to himself.

The class started with the usual professor's spiel.

"The syllabus will be coming around shortly. Please fill out your name and email on the sign in sheet. I will be sending out weekly emails with announcements and due dates..." The professor said in a bored voice.

Changsub had heard this speech a million times already.

"Can we just get to the lecture already..." He thought as he impatiently tapped his pencil on the desk.

The professor continued on about the course topics, the textbook and grading. Changsub was already beginning to zone out.

"Psst."

He felt a gentle tap on his shoulder and turned around. The girl sitting behind him was holding out the stack of syllabi motioning for him to take it.

"Ah thanks." He whispered, taking it from her.

She looked too old to be a freshman but he couldn't remember seeing her before. Maybe he had, who knows. There were a lot of people he'd been to class with for years and never talked to.

He turned back to his seat and passed the stack of papers.

The lecture continued uneventfully. Despite his lazy demeanor Changsub was quite diligent at his studies. He sipped his coffee and scribbled notes as the professor drawled on.

Finally the class ended and he began to pack up his things.

"Excuse me, could you get that for me?" A soft voice said from behind him.

Changsub turned around. The girl from before was pointing at a paper that had fallen under his seat.

"Oh, sure." Changsub picked up the paper and handed it to her.

"Thanks." She said taking it from him with a smile. "I dropped it earlier but I didn't want to bother you during class."

"Ah." Changsub said awkwardly.

"Well, thanks again!" She said as she got up and left the classroom.

Changsub watched her go.

"She's quite pretty." He thought to himself. Maybe this class wouldn't be so dull after all. 

 

----

A/N a perfectly normal day in the life of Lee Changsub. Y'all already know who she is ;)