Broken Promise

Path to Your Dreams

Saturday Night, Week 11

Ilhoon's Room.

"I miss the old you."

Chorong looked up at Changsub as he finally turned his head to face her.

His expression was somewhat guarded as if he didn't want her to see what was going through his mind. Chorong was a bit surprised by how different those eyes were from the ones that once smiled brightly at her just weeks ago.

Changsub sighed wistfully and looked down at Chorong's hand that was resting on top of his. He wanted so badly to lace his fingers through hers but he knew he couldn't.

"We already talked about this."

He pulled his hand away but Chorong firmly grabbed it again.

"Changsub-ah I know it's not fair for me to ask you but you're not the only one having a hard time here."

Her voice softened.

"I don't like seeing you so cold like this. I need my friend who makes stupid faces and teases me and makes me laugh."

"You have other friends." Changsub said.

"But I need you…Changsub-ah"

Changsub met Chorong's eyes with an anguished look.

"If you really need me then give me one chance to be with you. Just one. That's all I'm asking."

He leaned in closer.

"I don't care if it's just for one month, one week, one day…"

"Changsub-ah don't…"

"I want to have that feeling again. That feeling when I had you in my arms…that feeling when we kissed."

He caressed her face.

"You made me feel so alive and it was so right...so right."

Changsub looked at her pleadingly.

"Couldn't you feel it?"

Chorong averted her eyes.

"Tell me you didn't feel it Rong." . 

Chorong tried to speak but her lips wouldn't move. Why wasn't her body responding?

"Tell me!"

Chorong was startled by Changsub's suddenly raised voice. She looked up wide eyed. His gaze seemed to pierce right into her soul and she felt something inside her breaking free. Something she'd locked away in the depths of her heart and tried to deny from the moment she'd realized it was there. She tried desperately to fight it but she knew it was too late. The promise she'd made to herself that she'd sworn not to break was already broken.

The words didn't need to be said. Changsub could see the answer clearly written in Chorong's eyes as they filled with tears. 

"Changsub-ah I-"

Changsub didn't wait for her to finish. He drew her up close and captured her lips in a deep kiss. 

Chorong stiffened at first then closed her eyes and let the tears fall as she finally gave in to the feelings she'd been denying herself.

The two shared a tender moment of newfound empathy as they kissed slowly. Neither one wanted it to end but eventually they pulled apart. 

"What happens now?" Chorong whispered tearfully. 

Changsub gently wiped a tear from her cheek.

"Don't think about the future." He said softly.

"But I'm going to have to sign a contract someday. What's going to happen to us then?"

Changsub gave Chorong a comforting look.

"Stop worrying we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

"But Changsub-ah it's already our last year of college…There isn't much time"

"Chorongie…"

Changsub took her hands in his and looked her in the eye.

"As long as I have you it's more than enough time for me."

 

 

-----

A/N  Am I getting too sappy HAHA I can't believe I wrote the "I love you" chapter without saying "I love you" at all LOL.

Oof...the amount of editing this went through for being a short chapter...

Anyways you're welcome hehe