Sungmin

We Found Love in Nadam

 

[SUNNY’S POV]

Beep-beep-beep... the alarm exploded, woke me up back to the reality.

Knock-knock! “Sunny, wake up! You have to go to school, hun!” my mom knocked on my door.

What!? School? Errrggh, this is crazy. “Y-yeah, mom...”

I went to the bathroom and got myself ready. Wow, my hair got longer! I didn’t know that? I brushed it and rushed downstairs.

“A little faster, okay? Your dad will be late,” mom said, gave me a plate of scrambled egg.

“Okay, mom.”

***

“God, I’m too lazy for the first day of school...” Taeyeon gave a long sigh and sat beside me.

“Yes it is, indeed,” I agreed.

“Ya! Where’s the power, girls? It’s the first day of school, come on!” Seohyun told us.

“What happened to you, Seohyun-ah? It’s so not you,” asked Taeyeon.

“Of course she’s energized,” Tiffany came up, “Yonghwa—the student body president just confessed to her,” she explained.

“What? You have a boyfriend already?” I, Taeyeon and Sooyoung—who suddenly came from nowhere—said.

Seohyun’s cheeks went red.

“When? Ey, Seohyun-ah why didn’t you tell us?” Taeyeon clinged on Seohyun’s arm.

“It’s yesterday. I was planning to surprise you girls, but... This lady over here caught me dating,” Seohyun smacked Tiffany’s arm, who was grinning.

“Okay, so after school, all of us should go to the Starbucks. Someone’s gonna treat us today~” Sooyoung spoke.

“Sounds good!” All of us agreed except Seohyun.

“Who’s gonna treat us?” asked Seohyun.

“It’s you, babo. A congratulations party for you!” said Tiffany.

“Eh, Starbucks... Err, sorry Sun, I didn’t mean to,” Sooyoung awkwardly said.

“Starbucks? Wh—oh, that thing. Chill, Sooyoung-ah. Hehehe. Ah, I haven’t tell you girls about this story,” I just remembered the thing that happened yeasterday.

“What story, Sun?” Everybody looked curious.

“I got a new friend. Guess who?”

“Huh? Who?” Taeyeon thought, everyone else too.

“Sunny, did you buy a new dog?” asked Seohyun.

“Dog? Duh, it’s a person,” I sighed.

“Who? A student here?” asked Tiffany.

“Yep, she’s in the same age with us.”

“Is she a new student?”

“No, she’s not. Ck, it’s Fei.”

“Fei!? Fei, um, your rival?” Taeyeon asked spontaneously.

“Yes, and she’s not my rival anymore. She’s my friend now.”

“Really? Wow, how can be?”

“Long story. The point is, I visited her house yesterday. There, we apologized to each other, and we talked for a pretty long time. She’s kind and she’s fun to chat with. So, why be enemies when you can be friends?”

“Truthfully, yes. But, it’s so sudden.”

“Hahaha, I didn’t expect for it to be that fast, to be honest.”

“By the way, I guess you’ve moved on from Siwon, right?” asked Sooyoung.

I sighed, “yeah, guess so.”

“Aaawww,” everyone bursted out hugging me.

I laughed, “girls, cut it out. I’m okay, I’m okay.”

“Cheer up, Sun! There are still so many guys out there.”

Suddenly a person that I don’t want to see—even think, just once—came right on the second when Seohyun said that.

“Um, Sunny, may I have your time? Just a second, I want to talk to you.”

“You? What are you doing here?”

“Please, Sun. I only wanna explain it all.”

“I guess there’s nothing else to be explained, because everything’s clear right?” I said sarcastic.

“Sun—” when he came closer, Sooyoung blocked his way.

“Ya, back off! Shoo~” and the others did the same too.

I didn’t really think straight that time.

“If you make our Sunny cry one more ti—”

“Stop. That’s it, I’m okay. And for you, get away from me,” I said as I stopped Taeyeon’s words and shooed Sungmin out.

Sungmin eventually gave up and went out from our class. And in that moment, the bell rang.

***

I didn’t concentrate at all through all the lessons. This super annoying guy kept on popping inside my head. I’m confused... My heart told me to forgive him. But my brain didn’t.

“Ya, wake up, wake up!” Sooyoung, smacked my arm, more like punching.

“Ouch. Eh! D-did I daydre-dream?”

“Yes, what were you thinking?”

“Ah? Oh, n-no I didn’t—it’s nothing, hehe.”

“Girls, are we going to the Sturbucks?” Tiffany asked.

“Let’s go!” Taeyeon replied while Seohyun was frozen.

“Kaja, we’re wasting time here.” Sooyoung said.

“Err, girls, you should go first, I guess I can’t go today. I... Don’t feel well,” I said, pleaded.

“Sun, are you sick?” asked Seohyun concerned.

“No, take it easy, I’m just a bit tired. I want to go straight home.”

“You wanna go to the infirmary?”

“No, I’m okay.”

“Want us to take you home?”

“Um, no thanks. Just go,” I said and gave a small smile.

“You sure you don’t wanna join us? But if you’re tired then don’t think about it, take a rest at home, alright?”

“We’re going now, bye!” they eventually left to the Starbucks without me.

***

I walked to my locker wanly and slowly. I didn’t know that thinking about him could drain my energy until this much. The hallway was quiet, students were going home already, I guess. There were only a few students walked through the hallway. I opened my locker. There, laid a picture of Siwon. I smiled and I took it. I put it inside my bag, going to bring it home. I wont throw it away, it’s a rare picture though!

When I closed my locker, suddenly a man appeared on my right, made me surprised crazily.

“Sh*t!” then I tried to catch a breath. “Y-you! Why do you have to show up again? You surprised me!”

“Sorry, Sun, I didn’t mean to surprise you. Can we talk for a moment?”

I took a look at his face for a second, then I shook my head. “Sorry, I’m busy,” then I looked away.

But he quickly grabbed my wrist. “Please, Sunny, please.”

I stopped and removed his filthy hand from my wrist. “Okay. Now, what do you want to say?”

“Sun, I’m really sorr—”

“Yeah, you think with a simple ‘really sorry’ can solve the problem?”

“Sunny, listen to me first. I know a sorry won’t solve the problem. But, I’m really sorry for my mistake, from my deepest heart, I’m sorry. And I want you to know that I regret it badly, and I hope you can forgive me.”

I stared at his face, his round watery eyes, and his expression was pleading. He regrets this so much? Doesn’t he? Again, my heart believes him, but I still couldn’t forgive him. I could only troop my head down and didn’t say a word.

“Sun, you can do anything you want so you can take revenge on my unreasonable act.”

No, that’s not what I want to do. I’m just... Angry. I slapped him on his face. He accepted it gracefully, but he looked surprised too. His tear fell on the ground.

“If you’re satisfied yet, you can slap me again.”

Heard that, I feel like crying. I wreaked all of my rage with a cry, because I didn’t know what to do. I flew my palm once again to slap him, but he caught my palm. Then he turned my hand to his red cheek and rubbed it gently. I didn’t understand, but his tears flew hard. His cheek was soft, but it was wet because of his tears. I also cried. He kept on rubbing my hand onto his cheek and my heart ached painfully. It was right in the feelings. I went speechless. My heart race. And I didn’t know why.

“Sun, I love you so much,” Sungmin said.

To be really honest I was shocked, because I didn’t expect him for saying this thing in this kind of situation. I just didn’t know what to say and to do. I set myself free from his grip and quickly ran away from him. My feelings were all mixed up. Sungmin, what did he say?[]

 

==========

 

hello readers~!!

again, I'm sorry for a pretty long update keke >_<

by the way, how's this chapter?

you like it? or not? xD

please give some comments below~~^^

and don't forget to subscribe too :3

thank you so much! :D