My Pathetic Life

We Found Love in Nadam

 

[SUNNY’S POV]

“Soonkyu? Honey, wake up, it‘s already 9!” Mom woke me up from my nightmare, my worst nightmare I’ve ever had.

So, here’s my nightmare. I bet you’ve known that Prince Charming asked me to meet up with him right at the backyard, on Nadam High Spring Ball yesterday night. But when I arrived, I saw Sungmin! Prince Charming is Sungmin! Wasn’t it crazy? But... w-wait. It’s... not a dream, eh?

I jumped from my bed as I remembered that, that tragedy wasn’t a dream. It really happened yesterday night. I could still hear his words in my ears, “Sunny! Sunny, wait! I’m sorry!”

Aisshh... I shook my head. Remembering that moment made me want to cry again. My heart was broken. Very broken. I was disappointed that Prince Charmin wasn’t Siwon.

I saw my reflection painted on the mirror. My eyes were swollen and I got panda eyes. Did I cry heavily until I fall asleep yesterday? I rushed to the bathroom, then quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. After that, I hopped downstairs because I was so hungry. I saw french toasts and scrambled egg on the dining table.

“Where’s dad, mom?” I asked her with screwed heavy voice as I ate the first bite of my lovely french toast.

Mom approached me and took of his apron. She sat beside me and answered, “dad has something to do with his work, he has to go to Gangnam until Wednesday, he went this early morning.”

“Oh...”

“What happened to you, Sun? Yesterday night, you arrived here with crying eyes and fading mascara, then slammed the door harshly without answering mom and dad’s questions and locked yourself up in your room. Do you realize that? What actually happened to you yesterday?” Mom asked.

W-what? What kind of daughter am I, broke in the house and shut the door without saying hi to mom and dad? I don’t even remember I did that.

“Oh it’s... Hehe... I’m sorry, mom. Well, high school life. Broken hearts, remember?”

Mom widen her eyes and said, “ah~ so that’s why~ hahaha,” she answered calmly then laughed. Mom, excuse me but you’re laughing on my misery.

“It’s okay, sweetheart. Don’t overthink stuffs like that. Chill out. This thing called ‘broken heart’ in high school life is really an ordinary thing. Dad TWICE broke mom’s heart! First, he cheated on me. Second, he accused me for cheating on him, but in fact I didn’t cheat on him.”

“Really? Then why did you accept his love, mom?”

“Because he proposed me with a 24-carat diamond ring!”

“Mom! Seriously...”

“Hahaha, of course not... Well... Mommy loves his nose so much,” she put both of her hands on her cheeks.

“Mom, it’s not funny please.”

“Okay, okay I’m just kidding. It’s because mommy loves daddy so much. Moreover, he promised that he won’t do the same mistakes anymore.”

I was amazed, that I left my french toast and continue to listen my mom’s story.

“But why did you believe in him?”

“Because I know that he’s speaking the truth. I bet you know how to differentiate between lying and saying the truth. It’s a nature gift, you know,” mom said as she sipped her tea.

I nodded my head when in fact I didn’t really understand her words.

“So mom, if there’s a guy who made mistake to me, and he said sorry, should I forgive him, or not?”

“It’s all up to you,” she smiled, “do you think he’s lying, or not?”

***

I laid on my bed—again—while hugging a Rilakkuma plushie. I couldn’t get Sungmin out from my mind—it’s because of you mom. But, is Sungmin really want to apologize to me? Because, he seemed to be really serious yesterday. To be honest, Sungmin is kind, helpful, humorous, smart, extremely good in guitar—which I’m dying to know how to play guitar, caring, lovable...STOP! Why did I have to think about our moments together when we were texting each other!? No, no this isn’t right. No matter what, he BROKE my heart already. I couldn’t forgive him easily.

“Sunny-ya, I’m going to the supermarket for a minute, okay? There’s a huge discount for kalbi today, you can come if you want to?” Mom suddenly broke in my room.

“Oh, okay mom. I’ll just wait here,” I said.

“Okay, I’m leaving.”

Mom left, so now, it’s all I’m alone. Gaaahhh. Since I didn’t know what to do, so I took a shower. After done taking a shower, I dried my hair in front of my vanity and I saw my Blackberry laid powerless on the middle.

“Neptune’s beard! I forgot to check my phone!”

When I checked it, critical battery. “Sh*t! Charger, charger, where the freaking hell is my charger!? Oh, there is it,” after I plugged the charger in, I saw 15 missedcalls, 5 BBMs and 10 messages. They were from my girls, Seohyun, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sooyoung.

All of them consist the same words:

Eeeyy~~ What happened yesterday, sweetie? Did he drive you home?

'YA! Why don’t you text or call us?

'Sunny-ya~ What did he say yesterday? >_<

'HWANG SOONKYU ANSWER MY CALLS!

'Where the heck is your phone, Soonkyu? Did you put it inside the refrigerator again? Reply our BBM and texts! And answer our calls!

'Sun, what are you doing? Are you okay?

My life is over. I’m really sorry girls, I didn’t reply you all! I was going to type the first letter but suddenly someone rang the bell.

“Huh? Mom’s back already? Did she really go to the supermarket? I thought ‘a big sale’ causes a huge fight between neighbors? Or maybe mom has a new power to fight with the others? Ah, I don’t know,” I left my Blackberry on the vanity and rushed downstairs to open the door.

“Yeah, coming!” I said as I jogged to the door. “You’re so fa—”

“Umm, hey... Sun.”

“SIWON!? Wha-what are you d-doing here?”

“Can I come in?”

***

That was crazy. I was extremly surprised when I opened the door and found my mom became so handsome. But it turned out to be Siwon, came to my house. You know what? He saw me with these ugly oversized tee and pink sweat-pants with wet hair. I felt like digging my own grave.

I led him to the kitchen and we talked there. I didn’t know why I led him there, was it because I was too nervous that I forgot where’s my own living room or what, I didn’t know.

“What would you like to drink?”

“Oh, no, it’s not needed, Sun. I’m not staying for a long time.”

“Okay...” I said with my gentliest voice as I pour the tea my mom was drinking to my favorite mug.

We sat awkwardly on the pantry stools. And okay, awkward silence. I hate this so bad. I sipped a little amount of tea.

“Sunny, Sungmin told everything to me, yesterday night,” Siwon broke the silence.

“Oh... What did he say?”

“He told me about you and... Prince Charming?”

“Uh-huh, and then?”

“Well, he told me that he disguised himself as Siwon, because he knew that... That you actually... like—”

“Yea, yea, okay, and then?”

“Yeah he felt really guilty to you, Sunny.”

I sighed, “...I’ve never thought that... He’s really a jerk. Sungmin is really a jerk! He plays with my feelings, Siwon-ssi.” I felt like crying.

“Yes, Sun, I know. But Sungmin didn’t mean to be mean like that. Believe me, he’s a very nice guy, Sunny.”

I couldn’t say anything. “So... You’re saying that you want me to forgive him?”

“It’s up to you, whether if you want to forgive him or not. Just do what your heart says. What brings me here, exactly, is... I want to apoogize to you.”

“Huh? Apologize? For what?”

“I’m sorry, for being so stupid. I didn’t realize that you like—”

“Stop. Uh... um, it’s not your mistake, Siwon,” I couldn’t bear him saying that I like him. It’s enough already for him to know the truth.

“You’re not mad at me, right?” Siwon asked.

I sighed again, “of course not, Siwon-ssi. Why should I?” I smiled.

He smiled back, “that’s relieving to know that you’re not mad at me.”

“Haha, yeah. Chill, Siwon-ssi.”

***

“Can I tell you a story?”

“Story? What story, Siwon-ssi?”

He was speechless, but not so long he started to speak. “Have you ever imagine... How does it feel when you suddenly know that there are 2 persons who like you?”

Dheg. He knew it already? He knew that Fei likes him too? “Oh, um... You’ve known everything, don’t you?”

“Fei?”

“Eh... Y-yeah.”

He nodded. I sipped some more tea again.

“Ah, yes. I want to tell you something. But... Please don’t be mad at me?”

THE HECK IS HAPPENING. I couldn’t control my heartbeat.

“Go on,” I replied calmly.

“Umm... Uh... I... I dated Fei’s sister.”

I was sipping the tea when Siwon said that. I was freaking choked, that I coughed heavily.

“Sunny! A-are you okay?”

“Yeah, yeah I’m okay. You se-seriously dated Fei’s sister?”

I cried heavily on the inside. That means there’s no hope for me at all. Why? Why is this my life? Why is it so pathetic?

“Yeah, you can say that. But... we’re separated already.”

“What? You broke up with her already?”

Does that means... There’s a little light of hope for me? Aish... It’s not the right time to think of that. But why did they split up? Was it because of Fei? Fei’s pretty fierce. But... Could it be?

“True, we’re splitted up. As a guy, I’m embarassed of myself. I shouldn’t be stressed just because of this problem, right?”

I felt sad for him. I believe he loves Fei’s sister so much. I stood up and went nearer to him. I patted his back.

“Don’t be, Siwon-ssi. Come on, cheer up! I’m sure you can go through all these problems!” I felt like those words were belong to myself. Face it, Sun. Siwon loves another girl, and you have to cheer him up.

“Eh... Thanks, Sunny. Thank you so much. Thank you for being such a nice friend for me.”

Yep, right in the feelings. I was moved.

“You too have to cheer up, okay?” Siwon gave me his smile and patted my head. I smiled back.

“Friends?” he asked while giving me his palm.

“Sure,” I welcomed his warm palm and we shook our hands.

After that, he went home. It felt weird, but I suddenly felt more comfortable to be friends for Siwon. Why?[]

 

==========

 

heya, back with the new update~^^

so, come on, tell me what do you think!

it's getting more dugeun-dugeun, isn't it? O_O

kekeke...

please give some comments below and subscribe^^

and please give me lots of support! :D

thank you >_<