The Jogging Man

We Found Love in Nadam

[SUNNY’S POV]

Hello, I’m Soonkyu. But people calls me Sunny. My mom once said that my eyes are bright like the sun, so she decided to call me that way. Then, other people started to call me with that name too. I don’t mind, honestly. Anyway, I’m 16 years old. That means I’m going to enter the high school life soon. I thought I’ll spend my high school life in USA, but I was so surprised when my mom and dad told me that we’re moving to Korea. Well, I can’t say no. Have I told you that I’m the only child? Yea, I’m the only daughter in this small family. I don’t have any brothers or sisters. I thought I’ll be lonely but fortunately my parents are always here beside me whenever I need someone to talk to. I love them very much.

“Sunny, wake up. We’re here, honey,” my mom woke me up.

“Uhh... What?” I asked, half-asleep.

“We’re here. At our new home,” she smiled.

I got excited as I saw a big wooden house on my left. I packed my things from my bag and I rushed inside the house. I went upstairs to pick my new room. I saw a room with a small balcony, then decided to choose it as my new room.

I went to the balcony and took a deep breath. “Hmm, the air in Seoul is much more better than the one in California,” I smiled.

“Sunny? Honey, where are you?” My mom shouted from the first floor.

“I’m upstairs, mommy!”

“Come here for a bit, honey. Don’t you remember that you have to pack your own things?”

Ah, yes. I forgot that I just moved in. Too excited.

“Okay, mom,” I rushed downstairs. “Where’s my stuffs, mom?”

“Try to look for the ‘Sunny’ labeled box, I guess it’s around the living room,” my mom said and rolled her sleeves.

I was busy looking for the Sunny box. I  couldn’t find it anywhere. I took off my yellow jacket and tied it around my waist, started to feel hot because I walked back and forth. “Um, mom, I couldn’t find the box...”

“Jeongmal? You’ve checked every corner?” My mom peeked.

“Yep.”

“It can’t be left... But probably... Ah there it is! They just brought it down. I’m sorry, honey,” said my mom when she found an ahjussi was walking towards us, carried the Sunny box.

“Aaah~ Ne, gwaenchanha mom! Gomapseumnida, ahjussi-nim,” I thanked the ahjussi-nim when he handed over my Sunny box. “Mom, I’m going upstairs!”

“Neee, set everything in your new room, kay?”

I gave her an OK sign before I left.

I breathed out and tied my long hair. I opened my box and started to put all the things on my new table. Sweet memories came to my mind. My childhood photos, my elementary school photos and of course the newest photo that I took with my polaroid couple weeks ago with my schoolmates.

“Knock, knock! Sunny hunny, these are your high school books,” my dad came to my room. “Wow, your new table looks like the old one, Sunny, hehe.”

“Ah, thanks dad! Yea, I started to miss my old table... Um, so everything’s complete, dad? My high school books?”

“Yes, of course. You can put them on that shelf.”

“Okay, I understand. Thank you, daddy.”

“You’re welcome,” he smiled and left me.

Days past, I’m going to enter the high school life in just 2 freaking days. I somehow can’t wait for my first day! Since I’m still new to the neighborhood, I decided to take a short walk in the morning. I took a shower and walked to the dining table. I saw my mom and dad there.

“Sunny, you’ve taken a shower?” my mom asked.

“Yes, mom. I’m thinking of taking a walk, hehe.”

“Really? Don’t go too far, okay? Here, if you’re hungry you can eat this. Your favorite!”

“Blueberry sandwich! I miss this, hehehe. Thank you mom, I’m going!”

“Take care, Sunny!” my dad sipped some coffee.

I left the house, ate my blueberry sandwich. I walked from house to house, saw many new faces. When I got to the corner of the street, a tall guy that was jogging nearly bumped into me.

“Ah!” we said in the same time.

I went left, he went right. I went right, he went left. Such coincidence. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt that matches with his black trainers. I saw a pair of grey Nike on his feet. He held a green Nano iPod in his hand. Black hair, pulled up. Oh, and gorgeous eyes. Freaking gorgeous. It looked like he’s in the same age as me.

“Joesonghaeyo, are you okay?” asked this guy, pulled his earphones and put his iPod inside his Adidas sweatshirt.

“Yeah, yeah I’m okay,” I answered. Awkwardly.

“Algesseumnida. I’m going now, bye,” he was going to leave me, no! Wait!

“E-eh, w-wait!” Sh*t! I didn’t mean to say such thing! Omo, what to say!?

“Yea?” he turned his back.

“Uh-um... Do you know where’s the DVD rental near here?” wait, what? DVD rental? God, please. I can buy lots of DVDs by my own. Okay, total awkward.

“Ah, you want to borrow some DVDs, huh? See, you just walk through this road and you’ll find a DVD rental at the end of the street. It’s not so far from here,” the guy explained.

I made an oh sound, meant that I understood. “Arasso, thank you very much!”

“Cheonmaneyo. Um, you’re new here, I guess?” he asked. I can’t believe that he continued our conversation!

With sparkling eyes I answered, “Yeah, hehe.”

“Oh, I see. Same here, then. I just moved here about 1 month ago,” he replied kindly.

“For real?”

“Siwon, Choi Siwon,” he gave his palm to me, asking my permission to shake my hand. His freaking smile.

I shook his hand excitedly.

“And... you?” he asked, still shaking hands.

“Oh yeah, sorry. I-I’m Sun-Soonkyu. Hwang Soonkyu. Sunny for short,” I replied awkwardly. Babo, Sunny.

He pulled his hand back. We had a silence for couple seconds while I took this golden chance to adjust my uncontrollable breath. Suddenly a deep voice surprised me a bit. Siwon continued the conversation, again!

“What are you eating?” he pointed at my sandwich.

“This? Uhh my mom made me this blueberry sandwich.”

“Jeongmal? It looks really good. Just saying. Um, it’s nice to meet you, by the way,” he flew another smile to me.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” I smiled back.

He unexpectedly continued the conversation. “Where do you come from?”

“I-I’m from California. I was born there.”

“Jinjjayo? Wow, I’ve always wanted to go there. Why did you move to here, may I ask?”

“It’s because my dad’s job and stuffs,” I answered with my heart pumping fast.

“I see. So where do you live now?”

I turned around and looked for my house. I nearly fainted when I couldn’t find my house but thank God I saw the tall chimney. “That one, with the chimney,” I pointed.

“You’re still new and you walked here far away from your house, alone. How brave, hahaha,” he giggled. Felt like my heart was going to pop out from my chest.

“Ahahaha... Um, how about yours?”

“Mine? It’s 2 blocks from here.”

“Ah, you jogged so far too, I see,” I giggled back.

“Yeah, I’m warming myself up. Morning jog is important, you know?” he replied with another smile. Gosh I can’t take this anymore. “Um, okay I’ll continue my jogging then. By the way, do you want me to accompany you to the DVD rental? In case you get lost, hahaha.”

O-M-O. I was so shocked yet happy. “Sure, thank you so much, Siwon-ssi,” I blushed.

We walked straight ahead to the DVD rental, yet I still don’t know what to do when we get there since I won’t borrow any DVD.[]

 

==========

yeay, I finally uploaded the next chapter, it's from Sunny's point of view, kkk^^

you guys, I need more subscribes, please? <3

I need support from you, please comment and subscribe! thank you

this will make me happy, you know?^^

please look forward to the next chapter, I'm sorry if the opening chapters are kinda boring :(

I'll really appericiate every subscribers and comments, and of course views!:)

once again, thank you! and saranghaeyo^^