Exhausted

We Found Love in Nadam

 

[SUNNY’S POV]

School days. I couldn’t wait for the first meeting of the cheerleading club! I kept on thinking what the uniform could be like. Black crop-tanktop with white and pink stripes, plus a cute black mini skirt, of course with white and pink stripes! White over-knee socks with pink sneakers? Uwaaa!! I should stop thinkin of this stuffs before I go crazy. Ah, what about the poses? Split, maybe? Salto in the air? OF COURSE THE PYRAMID! I want to be on the top.

“Ya, Hwang Soonkyu! Please come forward and answer the question on the board,” Mr. Kim—Kim Kibum, that in my opinion is cute—caught me daydreaming.

“U-uh, ne Kim saem,” I came forward doubtfully, that physics question was killing me!

***

“Sunny-ya, you’re coming, aren’t you?” Tiffany asked me after school.

“Ne? Where?” I answered.

“Cheerleading practice, of course, duhh~”

“Ahahaha, yeah! Of course I’m coming, it’s the first day, right? I thought you guys are going to somewhere else.”

“Actually, we are. We’re going to accompany Sooyoung-ssi to the school administration, school stuffs,” Said Seohyun.

“Sunny-ya, just go first to the court. Taeyeon-ssi will wait for you there, okay?” asked Tiffany.

“Oh, okay, okay, arasso.”

“Bye, Sunny, we’ll be back in 5 minutes,” said Seohyun.

“Cao~” Tiffany waved her hand.

I waved back and went to the court.

***

Remembering that this was the first day for all students to attend the first meeting of their clubs, the school went crazy after the bell rang. It’s crowded everywhere! I walked through the hallway, passing some rooms used for the clubs.

I carried my Domo Kun backpack on my shoulders and some books on my arms. I looked from right to left, investigated each club I saw. There was a science club, a dance club, journal club, movie club and so many more. Then I found a room at the corner, beside the stairs. I heard some noise from there, like the piano, saxophone and some other musical instruments. Then, that one sound interrupted me. A sound from a guitar. I immediately thought of Siwon. Siwon likes to play guitar, isn’t he? THIS MUST BE HIM. I have to check!

I went nearer to the room and sneaked a peek from the half-opened door. I kept looking for him, but I didn’t find him anywhere. So, I decided to enter the room. Yeah, pretty reckless I guess.

I finally heard that sound again. It came from my south-west. I turned my head and my eyes caught a guy was playing the guitar.

“S-...Sungmin-ssi!” I was kinda dissapointed when I saw him instead of Siwon.

He looked up to see me and greeted, “Su-Sunny-ssi!” He was a bit shocked when he saw me stood in front of him. “You’re also joining this club?”

“Uh-ah-uh...,” WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER BABO SUNNY I SHOULDN’T HAVE WENT IN THE CLUB NOW I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ASDFHSJDHS. “Uh, aniya... e..hehehe..hehe...”

“Then, what are you doing here?”

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. To see Siwon, ha! You’re happy? “Um...”

Sungmin raised one of his eyebrows, waiting for me to answer.

There’s no other answer, Sunny! Just answer it! “Actually, I’m planning on joining the club, hehe,” I grinned awkwardly. Well, it’s okay actually. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play guitar since daddy can’t teach me. Music isn’t his interest.

“Really?” he seemed excited. “Waah, that’s good.”

ERGH THIS MAN CAN I SQUISH HIM.

“But maybe not today, Sungmin-ssi,” I sighed.

“Oh, waeyo?” he asked with that big eyes.

“Cause I have cheerleading practice today! And I’m kinda late for it, so bye-bye!” I pretended to look to my watch even if I didn’t wear that kinda thing. I rushed outside and went straight to the court.

***

“Taeyeon-ah, sorry for the wait~” I waved to Taeyeon soon as I arrived at the court. “I kinda had... a... trouble. Back then,” I said awkwardly.

*awkward silence*

Taeyeon looked straight to my eyes with that adorable round eyes, expression-less.

“Ya! What take you so long?” Taeyeon investigated me, from head to toe. “What happened?” She looked curiously.

“Ahahahaha, ani-aniyaa~”

“Aaaa~ you’re hidding something?” Taeyeon smirked. “Hurry, what is it? Just tell me sweetie!”

“Uh... um... there... there’s nothing to worry about. Ahahaha...”

“Sunny-ssiii~” Taeyeon teased me.

“I-I-It’s...”

“Hey guys~” Sooyoung, Fany and Seohyun suddenly arrived. Phew~ That’s a pure relieve!

“Oh, hi guys! When did you arrived?” Taeyeon surprised.

“Um... We just,” Sooyoung answered.

“Guys hurry, we don’t wanna be late right? There’s our mentor. Come on guys!” Tiffany guide us to the center of the court.

We gathered around and had a briefing from our mentor, Miss Kim Hyoyeon.

Miss Kim is still young and energetic. She dyed her long wavy hair blonde and tied it with a red hairtie. She wore a pair of red gym suit, brought a whistle on her neck and carried a note on her arm. She’s a serious person and she seems so deadly.

When we were practicing, I saw Siwon and his boyfriend—oops sorry I mean friend—Eunhyuk, were walking to beside the court. Funny thing was, they both were playing catch in the middle of busy students. I giggled soon as I saw them catching each other. But suddenly, a teacher approached them. I was trying to eavesdrop but I can’t hear a thing.

They were discussing something. 8 seconds later, I saw Eunhyuk pushed Siwon and laughed. Then, he ran away. Siwon seemed doesn’t want that to be happened. The teacher talked to Siwon again, Siwon replied with a small nod. He then rushed inside the building. Hm... What happened? I decided to ignore it since Ms. Kim has already stood up and blew the whistle.

Priiittt!!! 

“Now, I’m going to give you all the uniform. Queue here, go forward one by one and tell me your sizes, arasso?” she shouted pretty loud. “First, Goo Hara!”

Students immediately did what she just said.

“Next, Hwang Miyoung!” Ms. Kim called.

“M-Miss, please... Tiffany. Medium,” Tiffany stepped forward and received the uniform.

“Arasso, next Park Jiyeon!”

Next, next, next until Ms. Kim shouted my name.

“Next, Hwang Soonkyu!”

I was kinda surprised and rushed forward.

“M-Medium,” I said.

“What should I call you?” she asked and gave me the uniform.

“Sunny would be great, Miss.”

“Arasso,” she wrote on her notebook. “Next, Min Hyojung!”

Yay! I finally got my uniform! It’s different from what I thought, tho. It’s a one-piece blue mini dress, with white stripes. There’s also a mascot of Nadam High in the middle. Over-knees white socks with blue stripes on the top. Hm, yeah. Not bad!

“Okay, girls, let’s warm ourselves up before we get to the main practices. I want you to do 5 sit ups, 5 push ups, 10 scot jumps and run around this court for 3 times, get it? Okay, you may start now!”

WHAT? Is she mad or something? She’s trying to kill me, isn’t she? But, I saw most of the students are used to it, including Fany and Sooyoung. Well, I just gonna do these stuffs then.

After the warming up, I found myself laying on the court, exhausted.

“Sunny-ya, gwaenchanha?” Tiffany approached me and gave her hands.

I took her wrist and stood up, “Haaah, I’m so freaking tired...” I wiped the sweat that hung on my forehead.

“It’s only the warming up, Sunny,” she gave her eye-smile. Can I give a punch straight to her beautiful face. Lol no, I’m just kidding.

“Really? I’m gonna die.”

“It’s not that bad! You should exercise more often, Sunny-ya.”

“True.”

“Alright, girls good job. Now I’m going to teach you some very-basic cheerleading poses. For those who have ever cheerleading before, I’m sure you guys have mastered these poses. For those who haven’t, pay attention to me.” Ms. Kim clapped her hands thrice and started to do some poses.

Well, it’s true that the poses were very-basic. I could follow Ms. Kim’s poses pretty well. It’s not that hard!

“Excellent! So, girls please practice some more, I have to go for one moment. Keep on doing the poses I taught you!” she said and left the court.

“How’s it?” Sooyoung tapped on my shoulder.

“Ah, Sooyoung-ah. Yeah, I can do these basic steps. But I haven’t do some exercise these days, I got pretty tired.”

“Oh no you did not just say that, Sunny-ssi! To be a cheerleader, you have to exercise a lot! You have to keep your body fit!” Sooyoung surprised.

“True, we have to exercise to keep our spirit!” Tiffany added.

“Arasso...” I replied with a nod.

“Kaja, let’s practice together!” Seohyun joined the conversation.

“Let’s go!” Taeyeon clenched her fist.

“Hana... Dul... Set!” we counted together and started to do the basic moves.

We successfully did the basic moves. I felt like my body was very elastic and light. Those moves matched perfectly with the rythm of the song and we’re doing it right. I somehow felt so proud of myself. Okay, I mean, we were proud of ourselves. But when I thought for the second time... It’s only the basic moves!

Priiittt!!!

“Okay girls, now let’s move on to the next step, elasticity. Let’s start with the split,” Miss Kim suddenly blew the whistle when she came back.

WHAT? SPLIT? I turned my head panicly to Seohyun and my eyes popped out in disbelief when I saw her did this split thing in 2 seconds only.

“Wh...” I was cut off when I turned my head to Tiffany and found her did the same thing.

“Thi...” again, I was cut off when I turned my head to face Taeyeon and Sooyoung did the same thing as easy as breathing.

I have to try!! Let’s go!! I stretched both my legs but I couldn’t reach it. That’s okay Hwang Soonkyu, first tries always fail. Second try, let’s go!! Again, I stretched my legs but it only got wider for about 4 cm. Okay, third try. Let’s go!! I could stretch my legs bit wider, for about 13 cm, but it stopped due to overloaded pain.

“Ouch!!” I rapidly closed both my legs and fell on the green ground.

“Oh my God, Sunny honey are you okay?” Seohyun caught that embarrassing moment of life.

“I-I-I’m o...okay...,” I answered weakly. “B-but my legs...” I kept my head down.

“Come here let me help you, can you stand up?” she offered her hands.

“Thanks...” I grabbed it and stood up.

Seohyun called the others and they decided to help me. Result? Nope. Worse, Miss Kim saw me hopelessly did the split. Sh*t!

“You! Split, now!” she pointed her index finger to me.

I tried my very very very best but then I failed. Miss Kim shooked her head in disbelief.

“It’s like this, Sunny,” she did it perfectly.

I nodded and tried once more. Same, failed.

I kept on doing the same mistakes and Miss Kim started to loose her temper.

“Come on!” “I know you can!!” “It’s not like that!! It’s like this!!” “I can believe this...”

Ouch. That truly hurts. She sighed everytime I fell.

After thousand of tries, I finally did a near-to-perfect split for 2 seconds only. I tried so hard.

Miss Kim sighed heavily. “That’s enough for today’s practice. Let’s meet up next week, don’t be late,” she announced. “Sunny, practice hard,” She hit my forehead with her long finger and swear to God it made my forehead red. “Ah yes, next meeting will be at the gym. Thanks everybody,” Miss Kim left us.

Students packed their stuffs and went straight to their houses. I grabbed my Domo Kun bag harshly and ran away from Tiffany, Seohyun and the other girls. I was so embarrassed and I felt ashamed of myself. Maybe they picked the wrong friend, I have no talent at all, I’m just an embarrassing friend who messed up everything. I heard they called my name couple times but I decided to ignore them. Sorry guys, but this practice was a NIGHTMARE![]

 

==========

 

hey guys! I'm back with the new chappie~ 

11th chapter, exhausted!

poor sunny! let's hope the best for her~ keke^^

anyway, thank you for the many coments! :O

I'm so happy for them~ oh, and the subscribers too!^^

looking forward for the upcoming comments and subscribes!

I'm waiting for them, hehehe~ ;D

big big thanks for them, love you!<3