The Invitation

We Found Love in Nadam

[SUNNY’S POV]

My first day of my high school wasn’t that good. The only thing that makes me happy was knowing that I’m going to the same school with the jogging guy, Siwon! Waaa~ So happy that I could die. But thing is, I still don’t have much friends. Like every pupil in my class already had their own friends from their junior high school. Me? I’m just sitting there, friendless.

I was going to the bathroom that afternoon. When I got in, I saw nobody else except me and two other fashionable girls. I mean, really fashionable. The first girl is taller than the other. They both have beautiful hair, one is wavy, the other is straight. They wore makeups and fancy socks and shoes. After I could see their faces clearly, I realized that they’re my classmates. I was so freaking amazingly afraid that I’ll be bullied by them.

“So, we’re really going to the cheerleader club, kay?” asked the straight one to the wavy one.

“How many should I tell you, Seohyun-ah... Yes,” said the wavy when she put some blush on.

“Um, but I’m still confused... Cheerleader or math club?”

“Come on, if you join the math club you’ll be the geeky weirdo. All of us will join the cheerleading, right?”

I politely interrupted them since I wanted to wash my unclean hands. “Uh... Excuse me,” I was veeery afraid.

“Oh, yeah here you go,” the wavy said friendly then moved a bit.

“Ah, aren’t you our classmate?” the one that have the straight hair said greeted me.

“Yeah, yeah. Uh I-I saw you earlier,” I replied.

“Oh, hi~ Nice to meet you,” she said. “Do you mind if I ask you something?”

“Um, what’s it about?”

“Uhh... Have you decided which club you want to join?” asked her.

I shooked my head, “No, I haven’t, hehehe.”

The wavy haired girl was still applying some mascara to her eyelashes until I said that. She then turned around to me, “Then, just join the cheer team!” she eye-smiled happily. She is so freaking beautiful with that unforgivable eye-smile.

“Ch-cheer?” I’ve never interested in cheerleading since I’m not acrobatics enough for that. “I’m not really elastic and acrobatic, sorry...”

“Ah, gwaenchanhayo! You just need to jump and scream loudly and ja-jaan! You’re a cheerleader.”

What? To be a cheerleader you just need to scream loud and jump? That’s ridiculous... “Really?”

“Of course, I’ve been in the cheer club since junior high school.”

“Wow...” I amazed.

“So, will you join us?”

“U-um, well... I’ll think of it,” I replied with a smile.

“Great!” the wavy gave me a high five. “Oh, sorry, we haven’t introduce ourselves! I’m Tiffany Hwang.”

“Uh, hi~ I’m Seo Joo Hyun, Seohyun is enough,” the straight gave me a smile.

“Oh, annyeong, I’m Hwang Soonkyu, Sunny for short. Hehe,” I grinned and bowed.

“Nice to meet you, Sunshine!” said Tiffany.

“Nice to meet you too, guys!” Oh my God, I was so relieved that they’re apparently nice.

“So, Seohyun-ah, have you decided?” asked Tiffany.

“Okay, okay. I’ll join the cheer,” Seohyun replied.

“Haha, yeaaah, that’s what I’m talking about!” Tiffany embraced her friend.

“So, Sunny-ssi, we’re planning to go to the salon this Saturday, would you come with us?” Tiffany invited.

Me? Did they just asked me to come over to the salon with them? Did I just made friends with them? “M-mwo? But I...”

“Ah, it’s neomu okay, you know? We’ll glad to have you too! Some of our friends will come too, they’re also going to the cheerleader club.”

“Really? Can I?”

“Yes you can and you will!” Tiffany patted my shoulder.

“Okay, I’ll go. Thank you, girls!” I replied happily.

“I’ll text you every details later. Gimme your number, Sunny,” Seohyun took out her phone and started to pressed some buttons.

I told her my phone number then they left me.

“Bye, Sunny!” they both waved.

“Bye...” I waved to them powerless. I mean, I was just too happy that I succeeded in making friends! My first girl-friend at school, in Korea!

This is the real high school life! I suddenly became happy and I forgot about my problem. I remembered that I’m in the same school with Siwon. THAT MAKES ME EVEN HAPPIER. The only words that flew in my head all the time was ‘salon’ and ‘Siwon’. That’s my target! I have to work hard to be a good friend for Seohyun and Tiffany. I have to be Siwon’s girlfriend too! Hahahaha kidding~ Aaa, wait, I still have more targets. I have to be an expert cheerleader and get good grades! That way, I could make my mom and dad proud of me. I thought the last sentence while I’m clenching my fists.

I walked to my house since my dad’s in the office. I thought I can go home together with Siwon, but I saw him walking with his friends so I decided to step back. When I arrived at home, my mom welcomed me warmly. She was baking a banana cake. I couldn’t stop my saliva running trough my mouth when I came inside my house because the smell was so good.

“Ah, you’re home already Sunny, how was your first day?” my mom said after she took out the precious banana cake from the oven.

“The first day was A-W-E-S-O-M-E,” I spelled in English.

“See, that’s why you always win in a spelling bee contest, hahahaha,” my mom laughed. “Come here, don’t you wanna try this yummy banana cake?”

I took a small piece of it and ate it carefully since the cake was still hot. “Oh my gosh, mom this is beyond delicious!”

“Really? I thought I put too much honey,” she ate a small bite. “Aih, forget what I just said. It’s true! This is over great!” my mom was proud of herself. “So, tell me about your day.”

“I got a new friend, um wait, not ‘a’ but two new friends! I was over excited! And I’m going to join the squad team! Isn’t that cool mom?” I said with sparkling eyes.

“I’ve never made a wrong decision to call you Sunny, hehe,” she continued, “That’s really good! You should hang out with your new friends often, Sunny. Now, go take a shower and after that, let’s finish the cake before daddy’s home! Agree?”

“Agreed!” I gave my mom a little high five and rushed upstairs.

I took a shower quickly because I was too hyped and starving. I couldn’t wait for my banana cake! Hahaha, no just kidding. After I took a shower and got dressed, I went downstairs and looked for my mom. I saw her watching TV and a plate of banana cake in front of her. I joined my mom and ate the banana cake together.

My tummy was full, I decided to go upstairs and chill. I plugged my iTouch to the player and started to choose a song. I danced around my room, accompanied by the song The Boys sang by my favorite girl group, Girls’ Generation. I used a can of hairspray as the mic and I sang it passionately. I can’t stop thinking about Saturday. What should I wear? I suddenly frozed up when that question ran to my mind. I rushed to my wardrobe and opened it.

I saw some old clothes and talked to myself, “Oh my God, this is so lame. They’re clothes from the ice age, come on? I have to go shopping, where’s the nearest mall?”

I jumped outside and ran downstairs. I could see my mom was doing some yoga poses. She always do some yoga stretching since we’re in USA. “Mom, where’s the nearest mall here?”

“Mall? It’s still school days honey, what are you going to buy?” my mom looked to the stairs.

“But mom, I need some cool clothes for Saturday, my new friends were asking me to join them to the salon this Saturday. The clothes that I’ve got are so old,” I used my aegyo to my mom. It always works.

“You can wear my new Iconia dress, honey. It seems so teen-ish,” she calmly said.

Bzzzt—some electricity came to my head. A light bulb popped above my head. “Ah, yeah,”—I hit my forehead. I forgot that my mom is so fashionable since she was young. She’s only one size bigger than me, I guess her clothes are suitable enough for me. “Arasso, mom! I’m going to your room, okay?”

“Okay, honey. You can choose anything there,” she said and she continued her yoga.[]

 

==========

 

hey guys! I'm back!

wah I'm really surprised by this accident!

so the asianfanfics was having a trouble lately, and my story lost a few chapters.

and now I'm back with chapter 5: The invitation.

I probably upload the sixth chapter next day due to my business.

So everybody, reread the fifth chapter! comments again if you like^^

for new readers, thank you for your time to read this

I hope you like the story!!

don't forget to subscribe the story! don't be shy to comment this story!^^

your supports are very appreciated.

thank you all! saranghaeyo~ :)