Freshed Up

We Found Love in Nadam

 

[SUNNY’S POV]

It felt like a dream. Siwon dropped by my house. But he told me that he dated someone and broke up already. It was horrible. I laid on the sofa and turned the TV on.

“Ah! BBM!” I jumped.

Just a second after I checked o my phone, there’s one message popped out on the screen. I felt weird. I clicked the envelope symbol, and my feelings were right. From Prince Charming.

Sunny, I’m really sorry to you. I know, a thousand ‘sorry’s wouldn’t be enough to cover my mistakes and your broken heart. But I really want to apologize to you, Sunny. And I promise I wont’ repeat the same mistake again.

“Yeah, whatever,” I said as I deleted that text and that fake prince’s number from my phone.

“Sunny-ya, open the door!” I heard a voice shouted my name from the outside.

“Ah, yeah mom, please wait a second!”

I opened the door for mom and helped her with the groceries.

***

“Mom, can I invite my friends here?” I asked and sat on the pantry stool.

“Of course you can, sweetheart. When I was shopping back then, I saw there was a big sale for crabs too, so I bought some. Go call them and let’s have a glorious lunch together!” She answered while busy unpacking her precious discount goods.

“Really? Waaah, thanks mom! Love ya so muchos!”

I ran to my Blackberry and hurry send BBMs to my friends.

Girls, rly sorry for the super late reply! Smth horrible happened ytd. If u have some  spare time, pay a visit here. Gonna tell u the whole story.

***

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Hwang,” all the girls greeted.

“Ah, the girls have already arrived, Sunny-ya! Come, come! Um, you girls just go upstairs, Sunny is in her room. I’m still busy here in the kitchen, hehehe,” mom greeted back.

“Oh, arasso. We’ll go upstairs, Mrs. Hwang.”

Tiffany, Seohyun, Taeyeon and Sooyoung entered my room.

“Okay, so what happened yesterday?” Taeyeon asked first.

“Girls, I feel terrible!” I said.

“Yeah, yeah I know, as seen on your frowned face. But, why?” Sooyoung asked impatiently.

“You girls seriously wanna know?”

“No, and we actually don’t wanna come here. Kaja, let’s go home, girls.” Tiffany stood.

“Seriously...”

“What’s freaking wrong to you, exactly? What happened?” Seohyun asked.

“So... Prince Charming isn’t Siwon.”

“HUH!?” Sooyoung screamed.

“WHAT!?” Taeyeon screamed.

“NO WAY!” Seohyun screamed.

“YOU’RE LYING!” Tiffany screamed.

I just could nod.

“Oh my gosh, hun... Stay strong,” Taeyeon said as she hugged me. The others too.

“Yeah, thank you girls. Err, there’s still a sequel for this,” I continued.

“Jinjja? So, please continue!” Seohyun said.

“You girls wanna know who’s the real Prince Charming?”

All of them exchanged glares. “Um... How should I say this? Sunny, it scares me to know who’s the real Prince Charming,” Seohyun squealed.

“S-so, you met him yesterday?” asked Fany.

“Yep, and he’s—”

“Wait, wait. So, he lied to you, right? I mean, he disguised himself as Siwon?” Fany continued.

“Yes...”

“So, who is he?”

“You’re ready?”

“Nope.”

“Good. He’s... Sungmin.”

Silence.

“Sungmin, Siwon’s friend?” asked Taeyeon seriously. I nodded.

“Ah...ahahaha. Really?”

All of them looked confused. They seemed to not believing in what I said. Well, me myself too.

“Yes, it’s true, Taeyeon-ah. That’s why I hate him so much!” I didn’t realize that I already cried. Everyone calmed me down.

“Sun, please... Don’t cry...” Seohyun said and patted my back.

“Ah, yeah one more. Siwon dated Fei’s eonni,” I said after I wiped my tears.

“My God, is it true?”

“Everything’s true, Taeyeon-ah.”

“I can’t say a word anymore,” Sooyoung said with a pleading expression.

“Sunny, I’m sure you can go through this problem. I’m sure!” Seohyun said.

“Yep, it’s true. You still have us, Sunny-ya!” Tiffany added.

“Correct! Hwang Soonkyu hwaiting!” Taeyeon and Sooyoung cheered.

“Yeah, as long as I still have you, I’m going to be strong. Thanks...” we hugged each other.

***

“Sun, come here, honey. Lunch’s ready.”

“Okay, mom. Girls, come on,” I said and led my friends downstairs for lunch.

Today’s lunch was extraordinary. The foods were special and the taste was no doubt. I suddenly felt happy. After we finished our lunch, it was the perfect time to chill and hang out.

“Ya! Why don’t we go to the spa? It’s been a long time since we went to a spa together. It was before our performance for the basketball competition, right?” Sooyoung spoke.

“Palm Springs? Come on! I need my daily dose of massage,” Seohyun said.

“Sounds good. Let’s go then? I think it’s a great thing for Sunny. Maybe it can take away Sunny’s bad aura?” asked Taeyeon and all of us laughed.

“Okaaay, to the Jag~!”

***

As usual, we did a full treatment, starting from our hair until our toes. After those relaxaxing moments, all of us went to the mall near Palm Springs for another shopping spree. I didn’t buy much, only a really pretty spring dress and a -colored pumps.

“Girls, happy enough?” Tiffany teased.

“Yep! Let’s go home, I’m exhausted!” Sooyoung protested as she carried her not-less-than-3 shopping bags.

“Okay girls, to the Jag!”

All of us went to the parking lot and went back home. As usual, Fany drove me home.

***

Few days later.

“Sunny-ya, let’s go to Mr. Kim’s house! We’re new neighbor, but we’ve never been to Mr. Kim’s house,” mom suddenly approached me, who was watching the Inkigayo, U-KISS comeback stage.

“Hm, what?” I asked, eyes were still stucked on Dongho’s undeniable cuteness. “Mr. Kim? What are we going to do there?”

“Well, dad and Mr. Kim have some bussiness things to do. Just come with us, they said they also have a daughter in the same age with you. I’ve bake a cake for them.”

“Where’s the house?”

“Exactly on our right, Sun.”

“Oh,” then I thought. Next to us? “What? N-next to us!?”

“Y-yes, Sun. What makes you so surprised like that?”

Next to our house. That means... It’s Fei’s house. ...Right? “No-nothing, mom.”

Me, mom and dad eventually went there. Only a few steps, we’ve arrived there. I was pretty nervous, but I didn’t know why, I want to talk with Fei?

***

“Sunny, say hi to Mr. and Mrs. Kim,” mom said as she introduced me to the Kims.

“Good morning, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim,” I greeted nicely.

“Oh, so this is Sunny that you guys talked about,” Mr. Kim smiled. “Let’s go, come in!”

Mrs. Kim was also very nice, she welcomed us warmly and she gave us a lot of smiles.

I looked everywhere, but I didn’t see Fei’s sister, and Fei herself neither.

“Sun, you study in Nadam High too, right? Do you and Fei know each others?” asked Mrs. Kim, got me a mini-heartattack.

“Oh, Fei-ssi. We’re not in the same class actually, but I know her, hehehe,” I replied awkwardly.

Mrs. Kim nodded, “just a second okay, I’ll call her. Fei-ya, come down, honey, there are guests here,” she stood up and called Fei. “Sunny-ssi, just wait here,” she said and again, another smile.

“Guests? Who are they, eomma?” I heard a really familiar voice from upstairs.

“Mr. Hwang and his family, our neighbor,” Mrs. Kim replied. I gulped.[]

 

==========