Episode 56: Everything will be alright-- or not?

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been days since Heechul and Jungsoo returned to Seoul from their short vacation. It was all fun and sweet but Heechul couldn't deny that there's been a slight change in Jungsoo's mood halfway through their trip. Like something had been bothering him but he was instead trying hard to hide it. Heechul knew that his boyfriend probably doesn’t want him to worry but he couldn’t help it, he’s an overthinker and seeing Jungsoo’s unusually secretive attitude is an easy trigger.

“Should we visit my Dad this weekend?” Heechul asked during their ride home from work as he remembered the promise he made during their recent trip.

Jungsoo was taken by surprise with Heechul’s sudden question and with his mind still in a mess, he couldn’t find an immediate answer for him.

“Jungsoo?” Heechul asked again, thinking that Jungsoo probably didn’t hear him well.

“I-I’ll check my schedule later, I remember Siwon telling me about a meeting this weekend.” Jungsoo finally replied with an obvious lie.

Heechul knew that it was an excuse but he decided to let it go. He’ll tell me about it once he is ready. He told himself. 

“Should we eat dinner first?” Jungsoo asked, hoping to change the awkward atmosphere inside the car.

“Sure, I was craving for ramen.” Heechul replied, shrugging off the anxiety that was creeping inside him.


One week later


Jungsoo finally gathered all his resolve to face Mr. Kim, Heechul’s father, to know the truth from him. Despite all the evidence presented to him by Siwon, he would still want to give Mr. Kim the benefit of the doubt and let him explain about the matter. He was ready for two scenarios, either to abandon all the anger that had been boiling inside him or to face the worst case scenario and make Mr. Kim pay for his wrongdoings if he really did them.

He parked  his car outside the front door of the mansion and walked inside, his heart beating wildly inside his chest. It also hurts him that he had to lie to Heechul about his schedule that day just so he can talk to Mr. Kim alone. But this just needs to pass and he will make up for all the things that he did to his lover the past few days. 

Mr. Kim’s secretary led Jungsoo into his study, as per the old man’s request. Jungsoo saw him reading a book with a cup of tea on his side.

“Good evening Mr. Kim” Jungsoo greeted him as soon as he stepped inside the room.

“Teuk-ah, I was surprised to have you visit on a weekend,” the old man replied, placing the book in his hands on the side table and motioning Jungsoo to sit on the chair across from him.

“Sorry for coming here on short notice Mr. Kim but I need to talk to you about something.” Jungsoo started to say, the seriousness in his tone was evident.

“Please continue son, I’ll listen” Mr. Kim said, signalling his secretary to leave the room and give them some privacy.

“It’s about my parents–” Jungsoo started to say and he could already notice the sudden change in Mr. Kim’s expression but hearing no response, he continued with his words.

“I have been investigating our family’s accident. I learned that it was not really an accident… and you Mr. Kim knows about it. I have evidence that says you even stopped the police from investigating it f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter