Episode 45: Misunderstandings

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[HEECHUL]

I entered the gates and parked my car in front of a painfully familiar house. It’s been years since I’ve been here. I paused for a moment to think about how I ended up here.

Damn that bastard. Why did he sound so convincing at that time?

I slid out of the car and tightly held onto my phone as I entered the house—our house.

 

I was led by my father’s assistant towards the dining room where I quickly saw Leeteuk with my father at the dining table.

“You came.” My father said in his usual tone.

I went straight towards the chair at the other side of where Leeteuk was sitting and sat on it.

“Yeah” I replied upon seating while I started fiddling with my phone.

Then I felt someone kick my leg from under the table. That someone would be none other than Leeteuk who was staring at me with judging eyes. Of course, I instantly replied with a glare.

“Let’s start eating first.” Father finally said, not even interested on how I have been.

 

 

The dinner went on as normal and by normal what I mean is as silent as possible. I was actually hungry from driving all the way here so I just kept myself busy from eating.

“Eat some crabs Heechul. You like it right?” father suddenly said, breaking the silence.

Crabs. I used to like crabs and other crustaceans when I was a kid but somehow as I grew up, I developed an allergy towards them. But of course, father won’t know about it.

“Tch. Kind of you to offer food to your son. Too bad father, I’m allergic to crabs.” I decided to reply.

“Do you really plan on acting like a spoiled child Heechul?” father asked.

The word spoiled quickly triggered me.

“Spoiled? Me? For a kid thrown to another country and left to survive on his own? Yeah, I feel very much sheltered.” I replied sarcastically as I put my brewing anger in the steak that I was slicing. But what he said next made me lose all my patience.

“It was for your own good. But I guess I was a fool to believe you’re smart enough to—” he started to say.

“Yeah, sorry that you have a good-for-nothing son like me. to be you. But, oh! You got a better one, now right? Ya, Leeteuk, be the perfect son for father okay? I’ll pass on that.” I said as I look at the quiet Leeteuk from across the table.

“Enough!” father finally lost his fake façade and slammed the table.

“Oops. Sorry, I ruined your day again father. Now, let me excuse myself. I don’t think I’m needed here actually. Too bad I was bored.” I said before standing up and leaving the room.

 

 

 

I was about to leave the place when I remembered the back garden. I decided to take a look into it before I drive my way back to Seoul.

The moment I stepped out into the open air at the back patio of the house, the sweet scent of roses immediately greeted me. I strode towards the stone path that led me to the thick rose bushes perfectly lined to lead to a small cottage at the center of the garden.

This is the only place in this house that I can still be fond of. I remember spending a lot of time here as a kid. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter