Episode 29: Gratitude

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[LEETEUK]

It was the worst possible nightmare turned reality scenario for me.

Ever since I survived the car accident with my parents and after being stuck in the car with them for hours, I developed this claustrophobia that always leaves me motionless with fear. I’ve been holding onto this as a well-kept secret so nobody can use this weakness against me. Too bad that I was lucky enough to reveal it myself to one of the persons I wanted to hide it from.

 

 

I hugged my knees as I watched Heechul pace in darkness while trying to call for help. When he finally noticed my current condition, I expected him to make fun of me. Instead, I was surprised to actually see him sincerely concerned.

“Leeteuk?” I heard him called me from the darkness.

The next thing I knew, he was holding the flashlight of his phone on my face.

“Leeteuk? What is it?” he asked, worry clouding his voice.

As much as I wanted to answer him, I felt that fear had my voice trapped in my throat.

“Don’t tell me… are you—claustrophobic?” He asked me and quickly huddled up beside me to pat my back and help me stop hyperventilating.

Maybe he wasn’t as bad as I claim him to be.

 

 

He spent the next minutes helping me relax by sitting beside me and even playing some music to ease my tension. In fairness, his ways are effective as I felt myself slowly calming down.

For the first time since we met again, I was thankful to have him by my side right now.

 

 

I believe that people should give credit when credit is due so I figured that it would be better to do it now than be awkwardly saying it later.

“H-heechul…” I started saying, gathering up my pride.

“Hmm?” he answered instantly while he was busy with his phone.

“I-I… I just want to say t-tha—”

Before I was able to finish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter