Episode 33: Hide and Seek

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[LEETEUK]

I was about to step out of my car and hand over my keys to the valet driver when I saw a familiar back through the glass walls of the company building’s lobby—Heechul.

Without much thought, I re-strapped my seatbelt and started my car away before driving right away. Our resident valet driver was probably puzzled but my mind was also a mess and my instincts told me to run.

 

 

Reaching the next block, I dialed my secretary’s number.

“Hello, Good Morning Sir.”

“Soyeon-ah, I suddenly need to attend an emergency meeting. I don’t have any other thing scheduled this morning, right?”

“Yes Sir.” She promptly replied.

“I’ll go straight at the venue. I’ll be back at the office around lunch. Just leave the documents that I need to review at my table.”

“Okay Sir. Copy that.”

Hearing her response, I dropped the call.

 

Of course, it was a lie there was no emergency meeting or whatsoever. I just need to clear my thoughts a bit. I continuously drove around for minutes before I decided to settle at the parking lot of one random park that I happen to stumble upon.

A deep sigh escaped me as soon as I finished parking my car. I unbuckled my self and leaned the seat backwards as I close my eyes to think.

To be honest, more than being mad at what Heechul did to me last Saturday, I was rather frustrated. I mean, I should accept the fact that it was my fault to begin with, right? But what makes me want to slap myself was the part that despite knowing all the truth about Heechul and my past ‘love’ for him, why am I still feeling this way? Why the am I being this flustered and jittery whenever I remember him? Why does it feel like I am still attracted by him?

“HE’S A GUY FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE!” I shouted at myself inside the car as I sat upright with my hands on my head.

A minute later, I took a deep breath and leaned back on the seat to calm myself from the outburst.

I spent the next hour inside my car emptying my thoughts and finding my inner peace.

When I finally saw that its already ten in the morning, I decided that it’s time to go back to the office. I should be professional and just focus on my work. I’ll just go back to this problem later. I just need to stay away from him today.

 

 

 

 

As soon as I reach the office, I quickly headed straight to my room without even looking around. I just called Soyeon for a while to make myself gain momentum for work.

Before I knew it, lunch time came and my hunger won’t let me continue working. I quietly stood up from my desk and peeked outside from the blinds on my glass wall. My eyes searched a particular desk. Thankfully, he probably went down already.

I immediately grabbed my phone and headed out my room to the elevator. The other staff are probably halfway their lunch now while he was just about to head somewhere to eat.

Seeing that there’s no one else who’s riding the elevator with me, I reached to press the close button when I suddenly heard a voice running towards the door.

“Wait! Hold it!”

 

And just like that, the person I was hiding from since this morning appeared in front of me panting from the sprint he just did.

I stared at him frozen in my place as the door finally closed behind him, trapping us alone inside this metal box.

He quickly went and looked at himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter