Episode 47: Confession

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[LEETEUK]

“Yes?” I talked to the person at the other side of the door from the intercom.

Expecting a delivery man, I almost gasped out loud when from the camera, Heechul’s face suddenly appeared.

“Ya! Jungsoo! It’s rude to make your guest waiting.” He ranted through the small screen.

Having no time to be surprised for a long time, I went and unlocked the door.

“What are you doing here at this hour?” I asked as soon as he stepped inside.

He quickly lifted his arm carrying a bunch of plastic bags from convenience stores and snack shops and showed it to me.

“I came to drink with a long-lost friend.” He said before pointing his gaze inside the house.

“So… can I go inside now?” he asked politely.

“S-sure” was all I could answer before leading him to the living room.

He sat at the sofa and started unpacking what he brought over.

“I’m not sure which you liked better so I brought beer and soju.” He said while placing cans of beer at the low table.

 

I watched Heechul as he excitedly set-up the table himself, while I’m still very much in shock with the current scenario. But seeing the amount of alcohol Heechul brought, I made a mental note not to drink even a sip of it. I cannot afford another gazebo incident.

 

“Again, what are you doing here?” I asked him again, hoping for an actual explanation.

He looked at me with a grin before standing up and pulling my arm to sit beside him on the sofa.

“I told you last time, we’ll do a catch-up session when we go back to Seoul.”

“Huh? Why are you suddenly being this friendly to me? I thought you hate me.” I asked him, immediately regretting it as I know I sounded rude.

“Friendly? Well, you turned out to be Jungsoo! How can I hate you? Also, that reminds me. Sorry for being a jerk to you. I seemed to have misunderstood you.” He replied, sounding so sincere with his apology.

“What do you mean?” I asked further, still a bit confused of his actions.

“Well, I never really bothered asking about who father adopted and why he did it. But when I learned who you are actually… I-I asked father’s secretary. So, he told me everything.” He explained.

So Heechul is now aware that after he left for Macau when his grandmother died, my parents died soon after so his father adopted me.

“But still, that didn’t explain your sudden change of attitude towards me, right?” I questioned him once more.

“Well—I kinda feel that I owe you. Honestly, my memory when we were kids is kinda hazy but its clear to me that my only friend here in Korea at that time was you.” He said as he opened the can of beer and handed it to me before speaking again. “I was actually thinking of looking for my childhood friend Jungsoo when I went back here. But I don’t know where to start as I don’t want to ask my Dad.”

He finished his sentence with a bitter smile. I know that his issue with father is a sensitive one but I really wanted to understand it so I can find a way to hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter