Episode 44: Deja vu

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[LEETEUK]

It’s been years since the last time I came to this house—the Kim’s Gangwondo mansion.

Since Mr. Kim handed me the management of the company, he chose to just stay in this house hours away from the bustling streets of the city. I actually been here just several times after my parents died and I was adopted by Mr. Kim and I barely remember those times. But what are vividly imprinted in my brain are all the fond childhood memories I spent here with Mr. Kim’s daughter—who turned out to be a son.

Kim Heechul.

That man really perturbs me. He is so willful and arrogant but has these charms that makes me question my own beliefs. One minute he’s so flustered about me telling him about the kiss but being so cool about it the next one. Well maybe I’m just the only one making a big deal of this. Damn.

I parked my car near the front door and took the wine I brought as a gift from the back seat. I walked towards the front door and wonder if Heechul even considered coming today, it was hi father’s wish to see him after all. Despite Heechul’s animosity towards his father, I knew from watching Mr. Kim that he is truly worried about his son. But it seems like Heechul had been harboring some grudge towards the poor old man.

“Teuk-ah!” Mr. Kim called with a raspy voice as soon as I entered the living room.

“Mr. Kim. Nice to see you today.” I greeted, handing the bottle of wine I was holding to his assistant.

Mr. Kim was looking around expectantly, probably hoping that Heechul came with me.

“Heechul? Did he say he would come?” he asked dejectedly.

“I-I’m not too sure about it, Sir. But he did say that he’ll think about it.” I replied not sounding too positive to give him any form of false hope.

To my surprise, he just chuckled lightly in reply. “I figured.”

Awkward silence came as I’m not sure how to react on this matter.

“Don’t worry, son. That child is really stubborn. It won’t be your fault—actually you’ve done enough by passing my message. That kid won’t even answer my call.” Mr. Kim reassured me with words and a pat on my shoulder.

 

 

 

We then moved to the huge dining table where I sat just a few seats away from Mr. Kim on the end chair. The feast of food instantly started to pour in as soon as we settled on our seats. It’s really obvious that the old man was hoping to see his son and prepared a lot for it. That brat.

“So, how was your—uh, how are you Teuk?” Mr. Kim asked, as he picked up the table napkin and placing it on his front collar.

“I-I’m fine Sir. Mr. Jung and I will be signing the contract next week. I—" I started to say but was cut off midsentence by him.

“No, not about work. I know you are great at it and won’t even need my help.” He said with a chuckle before asking another question.

“I mean, are you dating anyone right now? Your parents will haunt me thinking that I made you into a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter