Episode 38: Company Trip Part 3

Here comes my Princess--- or not?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[LEETEUK]

I am not exactly a fan of drinking parties. I also hate the idea of a boss being drunk in front of his staff as it can ruin their respect and cause a loss of credibility. But in order not to ruin the mood, I decided to drink a couple cans of beer for myself. I knew it won’t get me drunk but instead give me just a tiny bit of buzz.

Unlike me, Heechul is definitely in his natural habitat. Like a well-trained social butterfly, he skips from different groups of people, drinking whatever they hand him. I’m pretty confident that this guy’s alcohol tolerance is ten times better than mine so I was not quite concerned.

However, it really doesn’t sit right with me that he is so comfortable with anyone, whether it’s a man or a woman.

 

 

“Boss! Join our game!” Yuna from the marketing division called from their table.

“Heechul-oppa, let’s join them” I saw another girl from marketing division dragging a grinning Heechul towards the said table.

Wow, looking so happy huh?

I walked towards the table where they are starting to gather and decided to grant their request and join their game.

“What are we playing?” I asked innocently.

“Special Jenga!” Yuna answered with enthusiasm.

“What’s that?”

“The Jenga with special missions written on the bricks that you have to do.” Soyeon explained, suddenly appearing beside me.

 

Just like that, the game started. I know that my staff will take advantage of this opportunity to fish some information about my love life or make me do embarrassing things but unfortunately, they won’t get it easily.

Several rounds later, everyone was enjoying their missions like singing, dancing and drinking a shot among many others. It took a few more rounds before I finally got a brick with a mission.

“It’s finally Boss!” Soyeon exclaimed.

I carefully took out the piece of wood from the tower before reading what is written on it.

“Do a staring contest while touching your noses with the 5th person on your right for one minute.” I read out loud, with fear starting to creep into my body.

At the same time with everyone, I immediately looked to my right and counted the number of persons.

Well, .

Sitting exactly four persons away from my right is Heechul who was busy laughing out loud with the people around him.

“What? Me?” He asked upon noticing that everyone’s attention is now on him.

Everyone exploded in a fit of laugher with his reaction. But unbeknownst to everyone, at that moment, I felt like having a heart attack.

The now intoxicated Heechul quickly went to my seat. The girl beside me immediately stood up and gave her seat to Heechul who automatically sat facing me.

I was somehow relieved that we were outdoors so the night is perfectly hiding my probably burning face.

I resigned to my fate and waited for Heechul to do the task. Everyone was cheering loud when Heechul finally approached his face to mine. As it is a staring contest task, I tried my best not to close my eyes. Even though I felt the need to just pass out.

The tip of Heechul’s nose finally touched mine and everyone started counting in unison.

“60! 59! 58!”

My surrounding was filled with a cacophony of noises but I was lost in the moment. With our current position, I can even taste the alcohol in Heechul’s breath. He was surprisingly quiet the whole time, just smiling like a fool. He fixed his close gaze at me with his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter