Spoiler Alert.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Spoiler Alert.

 

 

Inside the home office and recording studio of flat 30, Jiwoo was snuggled comfortably. Her body sunk against the backrest while her legs dangled from the arm rest. Tucking a gudetama plushy closely under her chin to keep her head in place, the girl had one hand playing random notes on the electric keyboard while the other fiddled with the computer mouse, changing the setting to create bizarre sounds.

 

She was certain that if Kyungoo saw her now he would heavily disapprove of her bad posture. However she was extremely comfortable in that state and thus she would worry about her back problems in the future. For now, she was just going to enjoy the moment.

 

Finding a sound effect that resembled wave echoes in a cave by the sea, Jiwoo nodded with approval and allowed her fingers to glide across the black and white keys, improvising chords on the spot. After some trial and error, the erratic chords meshed together into a forlorn tune. Without realising it, the girl started playing the melody of Seoul Arts High School’s anthem.

 

Soon, a low hum could be heard, a gritty yet smooth voice singing along the the lyrics of the song. Fingers still on the keyboard, Jiwoo twisted her neck to look at Kyungsoo leaning against the doorframe, casually singing along.

 

“You know the lyrics better than me,” Jiwoo mused, retracting her hands.

 

“I’ve been working there too long. Hear it every morning during the morning broadcast.”

 

“I heard the rock arrangement during the opening ceremony this year. Yeol did a great job rearranging it.”

 

“Do you regret not pursuing music?” Kyungsoo whispered, his tone tentative, though with an afterthought also gave her a scolding stare. “Sit properly.”

 

“I’m still having fun,” Jiwoo chirped with a tone of nonchalance while pushing herself up in a more appropriate position.

 

“Then why don’t you compose anymore? Or play your original works when Yeol is around?”

 

Kyungsoo’s question was met with silence. That came as no surprise for it was not the first time that she had reacted that way whenever he ventured into that topic.

 

“I swear you two are the most awful communicators I know.” The male rolled his eyes. “Despite how obnoxiously loud he is and how nosy and unable to mind your own business you are.”

 

“That’s why we need you, our deariest deary Soo~” Jiwoo hummed in a sing-song voice.

 

“You get sent off to the states for university and you come back having forgotten how to use the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter