All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
All I Want For Christmas Is You.

 

 

“Merry Christmas!”

 

Chanyeol popped open the bottle of prosecco and hazardously poured the bubbly drink into the glass flutes. The four neighbours wearing matching Christmas sweaters were gathered around the kotatsu which was unrecognisable under the absolute feast that Kyungsoo had cooked. The kitchen island was looking extremely mouth-watering as well, with a large Japanese style strawberry shortcake covered in an abundance of whipped cream, and decorated with strawberries that had been carved to look like mini Santa Claus as the highlight of the evening. Surrounding the cake was a variety of colourful macarons with snowflake icing on top. Of course, the chocolate mousse igloos were also present, accompanied by a polar bear, penguin, a reindeer and a grinch made from icing sugar.

 

“Soo you’ve really outdone yourself this time,” Chanyeol swooned, biting into the juicy turkey leg. “Can you cook this every week?”

 

“Over my dead body.”

 

“But it tastes so good!”

 

“Learn to cook it yourself then.”

 

“And rob you of your sole purpose in life?”

 

“If it means getting rid of you sure, go for it.”

 

“Don’t say things that you will regret Do Kyungsoo.”

 

“Don’t you talk to me in that tone Park Chanyeol.”

 

Sehun shook his head as the moment of harmonious celebration was short lived. Like always Chanyeol had successfully instigated a squabble with Kyungsoo that was only going to escalate. But what was he expecting? There really was no moment of peace with such neighbours. However Sehun could not complain, for this was the chaos that had splashed his monotonous life with laughter and amusement and he could not have asked for better lifetime companions.

 

At that thought, Sehun’s eyes glided to his right and landed on Jiwoo who was struggling to reach for the carrots, having to constantly duck her head to avoid getting hit by Chanyeol who was dramatically flailing his arms around. Biting back a smile, Sehun pushed Jiwoo back and easily scooped some carrots into her plate.

 

“Having long arms is such an advantage.” Jiwoo frowned, extending her arms to highlight how short they were compared to Sehun’s.

 

“No need to be jealous,” Sehun mused, playfully tapping her nose. “My advantageous long arms are at your service.”

 

“Don’t you dare take that back,” Jiwoo chirped, her eyes twinkling with mirth. “I can be very demanding.”

 

“I’m a man of my word.” Sehun smiled, drawing invisible circles on the back of Jiwoo’s palm with his index finger.

 

“What did I say about whispering during meals?” Kyungsoo interjected.

 

“We were conversing normally,” Jiwoo huffed. “You guys were just too immersed in your lover’s quarrel.”

 

“We don’t pay attention to them for a few minutes and they are flirting already,” Chanyeol scoffed, ignoring Jiwoo’s comment. “Youngers these days can’t be trusted to be alone huh?”

 

“Do we need to have the talk?” Kyungsoo frowned, his expression suddenly looking extremely serious. “You know, the talk.”

 

“The talk?” Chanyeol gasped in horror. “Which one of us is going to give it?”

 

“No one is going to give the talk,” Jiwoo grunted. “I know you two enjoy playing the overbearing parents role but know your limits.”

 

“But how can we trust you two hormonal youngsters by yourselves without making sure you know everything about the talk?” Chanyeol chided at the girl. “I’m too young to be an uncle.”

 

“And shotgun weddings are no fun,” Kyungsoo added. “Leaves no time for proper planning.”

 

By now Sehun had shrunken to half his size, looking rather mortified. He could only imagine what kind of ridiculous topics Jiwoo had to discuss with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo growing up to be so unfazed and ready t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter