Just a Fluke.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Just a Fluke.

 

 

“Mark this is already the third time this month that you’ve been sent here because of knee problems,” Kyugsoo scolded the young student. “I know that it’s your final year and you are working hard to get good grades, but at this rate you’ll be graduating with a crippled leg and what good is that going to do? How are you going to be an idol in that state?”

 

“Sorry nurse Do,” Mark mumbled with his eyes cast on the ground, his hand awkwardly his swollen knee.

 

“I’m going to write you a note. No dance practice for the next two weeks.”

 

“But—”

 

“No buts,” Kyungsoo stated, giving the young student a firm glare.

 

Seeing Mark pout and his eyes cloud with worry, Kyungsoo sighed and softened his tone.

 

“You need rest in order to perform at your best. Do you understand?”

 

“Yes sir,” Mark whimpered.

 

“Now hurry and get home.” Kyungsoo patted the student on the shoulder. “Don’t let me catch you trying to practice in the dance studio.”

 

Giving Kyungsoo a small bow, Mark limped his way out of the infirmary just as Chanyeol and Sehun were about to enter.

 

“You’re here again Mark?” Chanyeol gasped, eyeing his knee. “I’m going to give mr Kim a good talk about working you too hard.”

 

“Please don’t sir,” Mark pleaded.

 

“I’ve banned from dancing for two weeks,” Kyungsoo interjected, signalling Mark that he could leave.

 

Giving one more bow to all the teachers, Mark scurried away. Turning towards Kyungsoo, Sehun’s brows were etched together in a frown.

 

“The students need to learn how to rest.”

 

“Tell me about it,” Kyungsoo exhaled as he removed his gown. “Let’s go home, I’ve had enough of overworked kids for today.”

 

Leaving the school, the trio received a message in the group chat. Opening the message simultaneously, all three of them tensed upon seeing the message that Jiwoo had sent: ‘SOS supermarket’. Exchanging a worried glance, they dashed towards the car and Chanyeol slammed his foot against the accelerator, speeding their way towards the supermarket, all sorts of bad scenarios running through their heads.

 

Chanyeol managed to arrive at the supermarket in record time and Sehun was certain that he had broken at least one traffic law along the way. But neither him nor Kyungsoo said anything about that for the only thing in their mind was making sure that Jiwoo was ok.

 

Tumbling out of the car, Kyungsoo was the first one to see Jiwoo crouched on the ground by the entrance of the supermarket and immediately rushed towards her.

 

“Are you ok?” Kyungsoo dropped down to check on her. “Did something happen?”

Chanyeol and Sehun followed closely behind, their tall figures hovering over Kyungsoo and Jiwoo. The girl widened her eyes at their disheveled state, confused at their overbearing behaviour before realising what had happened and gave them a sheepish smile while meekly pointing towards the large grocery bags laying next to her.

 

“I got carried away while grocery shopping and the stuff was too heavy for me to carry back by myself.”

 

Kyungsoo inhaled sharply, his eyes rolling to the back of his head with such force that Jiwoo was sure his pupils would be stuck there forever. Sehun felt the strength leaving his body as he collapsed on the ground while Chanyeol let out an unceremonious wail, pulling at his hair in frustration.

 

“You gave us a heart attack because your tiny arms are unable to carry the groceries?!?”

 

Biting her lips, Jiwoo batted her eyelashes at her older brother before giving a soft nod. Seeing the vein popping out from his neck, the girl shot up and patted his cheeks while giving him the most innocent and heart-melting smile she could muster.

 

“Awww, I feel so loved guys,” Jiwoo cooed at them all. “Now let’s go home.”

 

A hand suddenly landed on her shoulder, turning her around abruptly as she came face to face with Sehun’s sharp and distressed gaze.

 

“Don’t do that again,” Sehun exhaled. “Don’t make me — us — go through that again.”

 

Jiwoo’s eyebrows slanted downwards in guilt before her lips curled into a sweet smile.

 

“Sorry,” Jiwoo whispered softly. “And thanks.”

 

The journey back home was filled with Chanyeol’s continuous scolding while Kyungsoo maintained a steady glare reserved for the girl. Jiwoo shrunk into the car seat and upon seeing her reaction, Sehun instinctively reached over to pat her head in an attempt to comfort her. When Jiwoo lifted her head to look at him though, his gaze was very stern.

 

Even once they were exiting the lift, Chanyeol had not stopped grumbling.

 

“What did you need to buy anyway? We just went grocery shopping.”

 

“I wanted hot pot,” Jiwoo mumbled under her breath, not quite daring to meet Chanyeol’s intense stare just yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter