Always be There.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Always be There.

 

 

Sehun stirred awake to the smell of home cooked food. Blinking his eyes open, he recalled the blurry events of the previous night after he had returned to his place with Jiwoo. They had fallen asleep under the kotatsu, snuggled closely in each other’s embrace while engaging in hushed but intimate conversations. Sehun frowned however, realising that he was now hugging thin air and Jiwoo was nowhere to be found. He snapped his eyes wide open, any residue of sleep flushed away as he pushed himself up in an instant. He immediately regretted doing that because the quick motion made him extremely dizzy.

 

Letting out a frustrated groan, Sehun fell back down onto the ground, though when he opened his eyes, he was greeted with Jiwoo’s bright eyes staring right down at him from the sofa.

 

“Morning,” Jiwoo purred, tapping the tip of his nose playfully.

 

“Hey,” Sehun managed to rasp out. “You’re up early.”

 

“Actually, it’s noon already,” Jiwoo mused, eyes glancing sideways towards the clock on the wall. “Hurry and wash up, Kyungsoo will be here soon. My brother as well if he is still alive.”

 

“Smells delicious.” Sehun hummed, rolling out from the kotatsu.

 

“It’s Kyungsoo’s special hangover soup recipe,” Jiwoo quipped. “Though I’ve made alterations. Don’t tell him. He doesn’t like it when I meddle with his recipes.”

 

Chuckling, Sehun shuffled towards the bathroom, his face scrunching up when he smelt his own breath. Finally Jiwoo could whistle without worrying about disturbing Sehun in his sleep. After having a final taste check of the soup, she started whistling with all her might as she lowered the fire of the stove and took out bowls and cutleries. She flinched however, upon hearing how sharp the sound was, feeling her own ears ringing and immediately stopped.

 

Hearing the coffee machine beep, Jiwoo padded towards the kitchen and poured the coffee into four mugs. Sehun emerged from the bathroom just as Jiwoo was mumbling under her breath how much milk and sugar to add for each mug according everyone’s individual preferences. Leaning against the kitchen island, Sehun absorbed the moment. There were no traces of the sorrows from the previous night on Jiwoo’s face; instead, what stood in front of him was the usual whimsical and carefree gremlin. Sehun rather enjoyed her lively presence in his usually quiet and neglected kitchen. Waking up to the smell of home cooked food and the smile on Jiwoo’s face was something that he could truly get used to and readily welcome.

 

The young male could not ruminate on the moment for long however as the door swung open, an irritated looking Kyungsoo marching inside while dragging a zombie like Chanyeol.

 

“Light. Too bright. My eyes,” Chanyeol grumbled, dropping onto the ground and rolling under the kotatsu.

 

“Your fault for drinking so much,” Kyungsoo snapped back, also settling down under the kotatsu.

 

Sehun approached Jiwoo and took the coffee mugs from her. Exchanging a brief smile, he brought the coffee over to the kotatsu while Jiwoo carried the large pot with the hangover soup. Seeing the coffee, Kyungsoo’s grumpy face finally broke into a smile and he gulped down half of the drink in one go. Then taking a good sniff of the soup, he gave Jiwoo two thumbs up in approval.

 

“The student has surpassed the master.”

 

“I’m a gifted studentm” Jiwoo quipped as she scooped the soup in the bowls.

 

“What would I do without you Jiwoo?” Chanyeol whimpered, digging into the soup.

 

“Rot away in a ditch,” the other three replied in unison.

 

Surprised by their unexpected synchronisation, Jiwoo burst out in a fit of giggles while Kyungsoo and Sehun exchanged a high five.

 

“You are all heartless bullies,” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

“Oh please I am the most perfect sister ever,” Jiwoo counter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter