Bubble Tea.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Bubble Tea.

 

 

Once again, Jiwoo had been busy in the kitchen since early morning. This time, instead of baking however, she was making tapioca pearls from scratch and the kitchen counter was covered in starch flour. Since it was her first time making it, she had her laptop sitting on the kitchen island, safe from the mess happening around the stove, displaying the recipe that she was carefully following. All the while, with her brows furrowed together in concentration, Jiwoo had her lips pointing outwards in an attempt to whistle.

 

“What are you making?” Chanyeol questioned her, looking at the large pot with water boiling inside in confusion. “Are we still doing brunch?”

 

“Of course we are,” Jiwoo hummed, putting a lid of the pot and lowering the heat. “I’m making tapioca peals.”

 

“You are what?” Chanyeol gaped at the girl. “But you don’t even like bubble tea?”

 

“Sehun does though,” Jiwoo replied as a matter of fact, not understanding why Chanyeol was looking at her as though she had grown a second head.

 

“So we’re having bubble tea for brunch?”

 

“Of course not silly. I’m making bubble tea soufflé pancakes.”

 

“You’re really going out of your way to make Sehunnie happy. First the bubble tea flavoured kitkats and now bubble tea flavoured pancakes.”

 

“Are you jealous?” Jiwoo eyed Chanyeol, not liking the teasing glint in his eyes.

 

“Just sad,” Chanyeol exhaled, ruffling her hair. “My dearie little Jiwoo is growing up so fast.”

 

“I’ve been an adult for years.” Jiwoo frowned, not quite catching the hidden meaning in Chanyeol’s statement.

 

・・・

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was crouched in the yard, looking after the plants. Hearing footsteps from behind him, he turned around to find Sehun approaching.

 

“You’re not helping Jiwoo make brunch?” Sehun asked, squatting down next to Kyungsoo.

 

“She said she had it under control,” Kyungsoo responded, passing a spray bottle to Sehun. “Spray those, make sure to spray each individual leaf.”

 

Sehun did as he was told, though the small breeze in the air sent him chills.

 

“It’s getting cold isn’t it?” Sehun commented, staring at the cloudy sky.

 

“Before we know it it will be Christmas,” Kyungsoo noted, a thoughtful look in his eyes. “Christmas dinner will definitely be something to look forward to.”

 

“If you are cooking and Jiwoo is baking, then it most definitely will be something to look forward to,” Sehun chuckled.

 

Chanyeol’s loud voice called out their names in that moment. Turning around and lifting their heads, they saw Chanyeol waving at them from the balcony.

 

“Food is ready! Jiwoo’s made bubble tea soufflé pancakes. Can you believe that?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter