Never a Dull Moment.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Never a Dull Moment.

 

 

“Have you got a list of everything that we need to buy?” Chanyeol questioned his younger sister as his slid on his shoes.

 

“Of course. Who do you take me for?”

 

“A gremlin that tortures me for fun and has made it her life goal to make sure that I suffer during every waking moment of my life,” Chanyeol replied in a solemn tone before reaching for Jiwoo’s face and squeezing her cheeks as if they were a pile of dough.

 

“Oi! That hurts!” Jiwoo squealed as she lifted her legs by reflex, kicking Chanyeol in the shin.

 

The taller male toppled over from the pain and let out a chain of curses as Jiwoo made her escape, disappearing into the lift.

 

“Park Jiwoo you little—”

 

Sehun stared at the door of his flat in amusement, Chanyeol’s voice cutting through the walls. Letting out a soft chuckle, the young maths teacher understood now what Kyungsoo had meant about the Park siblings being a public disturbance and how he might need an escape from his loud neighbours. Busying himself around the flat, Sehun made sure that the place was spotless for the viewing. If Heejin was going to be a promising flatmate, then he wanted to make a good first impression.

 

At quarter past two, the intercom rang, the outline of a female appearing on the screen.

 

“Hello?” Sehun answered.

 

“Hi, this is Heejin, I’m here for the viewing.” A delicate voice echoed from the device.

 

“Yes, third floor,” Sehun replied before buzzing her in.

 

Moments later, a soft knock came from the door and when Sehun opened it, he was greeted with a slim and demure-looking girl with auburn hair that had been meticulously curled. She wore a lilac blouse matched with white jeans and a sensible pair of flats; truly the epitome of mature and responsible. At first glance Heejin appeared to be the complete opposite of Jiwoo.

 

“Welcome,” Sehun greeted the girl, taking a step back to let her in. “I’m Sehun.”

 

“Hi Sehun,” Heejin replied in a shy tone. “Sorry for being late, I ran into some complications on my way here.”

 

“Is everything alright?”

 

“Oh yes, just a minor inconvenience. Nothing major.”

 

With the pleasantries out of the way, Sehun proceeded to show Heejin around the humble abode.

 

“The flat is nothing much but it’s comfortable and quite new and modern; two bedrooms, one bathroom and an open-plan kitchen and living room,” Sehun explained as they toured the place. “Do you mind sharing a bathroom?”

 

“No problem at all,” Heejin reassured him. “Like I said in the email, you won’t be seeing much of me around. My work keeps me pretty busy.”

 

“I see.” Sehun nodded in understanding. “This is the room you would be staying in.”

 

Opening the door, Sehun revealed the empty room, allowing Heejin to enter first.

 

“It already has the basic furniture,” Heejin noted as she approached the queen-sized bed.

 

“Yep, and if the wardrobe and drawer provided are not enough, there is still plenty of space to add more storage.”

 

“Indeed.” Heejin smiled in satisfaction. “This place is perfect. Better than anything I could ask for.”

Sehun gave the girl a once over, but found no fault in her manner of speaking and behaviour so far. Really, she seemed as normal as a person could be. If Kyungsoo were to meet her he would probably deem her as a breath of fresh air.

 

“When can you move in?”

 

Heejin turned towards Sehun with a look of surprise in her eyes, not expecting for things to progress so fast. However she immediately gave him a bright and cheerful smile as she gave her answer.

 

“Next week.”

 

Unable to hide his surprise, Sehun widened his eyes ever so slightly.

 

“That’s fast.”

 

“Yes.” Heejin scratched her chin sheepishly. “It was all a bit last minute. You’re really being a life-saver.”

 

“Glad to be of help.” Sehun smiled at the girl.

 

After discussing through the details regarding rent payment and her move in date, Sehun lingered by the entrance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter