Strawberry and Vanilla.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Strawberry and Vanilla.

 

 

Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Sehun had stopped by the supermarket on their way home after work. Carrying the bags of groceries into the lift, the trio remained in a comfortable silence as Sehun whistled softly.

 

“Don’t let Jiwoo hear you whistle or she’ll sulk for hours out of jealousy,” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“Is she still trying to whistle?” Kyungsoo questioned, a look of disbelief on his face. “She needs to learn when to give up.”

 

“Yeah she’s stubborn like that. All she ends up doing is blow out air,” Chanyeol replied.

 

Stepping out of the lift, they came to a halt upon seeing Jiwoo standing in front of her flat, showing no signs of entering.

 

“What’s wrong?” Carefully approaching the girl, Sehun finally saw the item that she was staring intensely at. “What’s that?”

 

The girl remained unresponsive so Chanyeol pushed his way forward and grabbed the paper bag that was hanging from the door handle. Inside was a special edition Moomin confectionary from Chanyeol’s favourite chocolate brand alongside with a note.

 

“May your mornings be as sweet as this Moomin chocolate,” Kyungsoo read out loud. “Creepy much?”

 

“Does it say who it’s from?” Sehun questioned wearily.

 

“No…”

 

Jiwoo took Kyungsoo’s hand and pulled the note towards her face. Taking a quick sniff, her face scrunched up at the saccharine scent that oozed off of it.

 

“The note stinks of strawberry and vanilla perfume,” Jiwoo commented. “Why does it smell so familiar?”

 

“It’s a common combination for baking, maybe that’s why?” Sehun offered as an explanation.

 

Shaking her head at the male, Jiwoo just exhaled loudly and entered the flat, not wanting to waste more time on the mystery gift and creepy note. The three males exchanged a look of puzzlement before each retreating back into their own homes.

 

Opening the door to his flat, Sehun walked in just in time to catch Heejin shuffling away from the entrance, suddenly looking very interested in the statistics textbook that Sehun had left on the coffee table the previous evening while reviewing the syllabus.

 

“Hey, what have you been up to?” Sehun eyed the girl as her shoulders visibly tensed.

 

“Welcome back Sehun,” Heejin stuttered. “I was just about to leave. Girl’s night out with friends. I’ll be back late.”

 

Giving Sehun a quick wave, Heejin slipped past Sehun and lightly jogged down the hall, the door closing behind her. Brows etched together in a frown, Sehun took a whiff of the air, catching the scent of strawberry and vanilla lingering in the air. Shaking his head, Sehun put away the groceries before getting changed into something more comfortable in order to grade homework. Spreading out the materials on the coffee table, Sehun plopped down on the floor while resting his back against the sofa. Taking out his trusted red pen, he skimmed through the answers with great familiarity, occasionally letting out a grunt of despair when a student made an incredibly silly mistake.

 

Halfway through correcting the homework, Sehun was suddenly feeling very antsy, unable to subdue to growing suspicion and discomfort that had been bubbling inside of him ever since the Moomin conversation with Heejin. Dropping the pen on the coffee table, it rolled down onto the ground. Sehun however paid it no attention as he stood up and padded towards Heejin’s bedroom, carefully opening the door. He turned back to look at the en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter